Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just reported that Norwell has 3 finalists

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we go after Nate Solder now since Ballard seems to love New England guys so much. 

Ballard seems like a very frugal GM thus far.  That can be a strength and a weakness.  We have all this friggin cap space...spend some of it!  We got outbid by Jax which has less than half of our cap room.  On a player that would have filled a GLARING need for us.

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

I guess we go after Nate Solder now since Ballard seems to love New England guys so much. 

Ballard seems like a very frugal GM thus far.  That can be a strength and a weakness.  We have all this friggin cap space...spend some of it!  We got outbid by Jax which has less than half of our cap room.  On a player that would have filled a GLARING need for us.

:HFire:

Just now, PeterBowman said:

Still a couple solid guards left and it's a guard deep draft.

Rookies are fine but often take time to develop.  We also need to add some veteran talent to this unit.  There may be other guys out there but Norwell was the best of the bunch.  So now we will likely settle for some one who is serviceable. Hopefully that works out well enough.  We had the money to get the best o-lineman free agent available and let him go to a division rival. 

13 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I don’t think they will.  After releasing Hali they had 25 mil in cap space.  It also depends on how the contract was structured.  If the back loaded either of those deals it won’t be an issue.

16 mil to watkins and 9 to hitchens,  that's 25 but what about the draftees?

9 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

My bad. I thought you were implying over-reaction on my part.

no it was me trying to not over-react.  I wanted Norwell bad.  Hell, I'd given him 18 mil per but thats why I'm not a GM lol

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

there's time for them to make room yet. They'll be releasing someone.  and 5 bucks says the colts will be rumored to be interested that someone

25 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I’ve never been to clear on this but I think the reported numbers are with rookie reserves removed.  Keep in mind they don’t have a first this year and every other pick after that is fairly cheap. 

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Florida has no State income tax.  Indy has to outbid in gross income by a significant amount to equal the ‘net’ income. Players can no longer (for the most part) deduct State income tax paid off the Federal return either.  Then you look at prospect of the team... Ballard had a large uphill battle.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Florida has no State income tax.  Indy has to outbid in gross income by a significant amount to equal the ‘net’ income. Players can no longer (for the most part) deduct State income tax paid off the Federal return either.  Then you look at prospect of the team... Ballard had a large uphill battle.

Thanks for that explanation. No State income tax is a huge advantage.  Kudos to Jax. They ensured their elite pass rushers will continue to plague our QB’s with this signing.