stitches

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

It was about rules for interviewing coaches in playoffs, not the same thing...Should have been about Patriots coming in last minute after it was Known he agreed to come here.....Im glad he is not  now, but if we can get draft picks it will be icing on the cake...I was excited about what he could do offensively, but questioned his HC leadership qualities...

regardless, they have to find a new coach,  IF they file any grievance with the league, it'll be after the next coach is hired. There's really no rush to file it now.

5 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

i wish i could hear the phone call with McD.  Look, Josh, stop *-footing around.  are you in or out?

Josh always struck me as a little spineless anyways.  

I know it's Tom Brady but Tom Brady often treats him like he's a water boy and not his offensive coordinator.  

In the short run this makes me mad because the Colts planned around him comming for 3 weeks.  Told the other candidates thanks for interviewing but we found our guy, hired people that McDaniels wanted.  Heck they probably had the nameplate made up for him.

This puts us behind the 8 ball a great deal too.  

In the long run though.  We're probably better off that a treachorous little weasel like McDaniels never coached a single game in Indy.  

5 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

oh yeah of lil faith .   

The Colts are not a Dumpster fire & They will find the right guy IMO your new HC will be Frank Reich .

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Who, I missed it

Ballard basically talking to Joshy last night after Joshy said he's got bad news for Chris.

Ballard said you in or out? Real simple..I loved that answer.

Basically, I'm not gonna kiss your butt, you in or out?

9 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Absolutely Colts have no problem if this rivalry has to go to a nastier level......GO COLTS........And guys on NFL Network right now piling praise  on praise on praise on praise on praise on praise of Ballard about how Ballard talked in this presser !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am watching too. Love it!!! :D 

2 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Josh always struck me as a little spineless anyways.  

I know it's Tom Brady but Tom Brady often treats him like he's a water boy and not his offensive coordinator.  

In the short run this makes me mad because the Colts planned around him comming for 3 weeks.  Told the other candidates thanks for interviewing but we found our guy, hired people that McDaniels wanted.  Heck they probably had the nameplate made up for him.

This puts us behind the 8 ball a great deal too.  

In the long run though.  We're probably better off that a treachorous little weasel like McDaniels never coached a single game in Indy.  

I agree whole-heatedly.  He seems like a weasel and acts like one.  Brady seemed to rip into him on the sidelines.  I want a coach that would never allow that. 

4 minutes ago, Andrew86 said:

Fantastic so whatever third pick bottom of the barrel loser coach we get is saddled with coordinators he has no say in.  Freaking fantastic! Just what I would expect from the dumpster fire that is the Indianapolis Colts.

He trusted McDaniels word, he said it's on him.  McDaniels is not a man of his word and he had "Bad News" , like the little chump that he is.  In four words, "I have bad news", he changed the course of the future for the Colts.  You either let if define you or you learn from it and learn more about who you were dealing with.  They learned who they were dealing with.  McDaniels is the biggest turd in the NFL from a gentlemen's perspective in terms of honor and integrity.  Ballard has McDaniels trumped on all of those accounts.  Keeping the D-Coordinator was an honor thing, you honor your word.  If the new coach doesn't understand that, he won't be our coach.  Yes, this is unfortunate and does throw a wrench in things with the new coach, but it is what it is.  It probably narrows down the coaching search even more unfortunately.  

1 minute ago, Fluke_33 said:

I agree whole-heatedly.  He seems like a weasel and acts like one.  Brady seemed to rip into him on the sidelines.  I want a coach that would never allow that. 

Exactly!! that's what I've been saying I want a tough smart coach not a weasel like Josh. 

13 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

It was about rules for interviewing coaches in playoffs, not the same thing...Should have been about Patriots coming in last minute after it was Known he agreed to come here.....Im glad he is not  now, but if we can get draft picks it will be icing on the cake...I was excited about what he could do offensively, but questioned his HC leadership qualities...

We're not getting draft picks.  He wss still under contract with New England.  

1 hour ago, ColtsGermany said:

I just love CB. Nice presser. 

Got me fired up when he said that Andrew is gonna be back and proof a lot of people wrong.

And of course "the rivalry is back on" :rock:

Strong last words! 

Yes, I absolutely loved it when he said that him saying the rivalry is back on said it all to me his true feelings about the Pats. 

Besides his line at the end of the press conference, the other thing that stood out to me was that he said that JM has not talked to Andrew Luck throughout this process. Strange. 

Most people had used the causal relationship that if JM took the job, he must be confident in Andrew’s recovery. 

And then, when JM reverses course, some people used the causal relationship that Andrew’s recovery had had a set back. 

Both appear to be inaccurate if JM never spoke with Andrew Luck at any time. Interesting. 

It's crazy to think a mere 5 weeks ago I was ashamed of being a Colts fan due to our association with a man of no integrity. I hope Ballard has learned his lesson because I've never been more proud to be a Colts fan nor excited for whats to come after that presser. 

Even if it's the only game we win I hope we blow em out next year.  Can't wait. 

12 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

He trusted McDaniels word, he said it's on him.  McDaniels is not a man of his word and he had "Bad News" , like the little chump that he is.  In four words, "I have bad news", he changed the course of the future for the Colts.  You either let if define you or you learn from it and learn more about who you were dealing with.  They learned who they were dealing with.  McDaniels is the biggest turd in the NFL from a gentlemen's perspective in terms of honor and integrity.  Ballard has McDaniels trumped on all of those accounts.  Keeping the D-Coordinator was an honor thing, you honor your word.  If the new coach doesn't understand that, he won't be our coach.  Yes, this is unfortunate and does throw a wrench in things with the new coach, but it is what it is.  It probably narrows down the coaching search even more unfortunately.  

We will be stronger for this. 

27 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I love that he said that, because even though we haven't been quite that competitive with them recently, Kraft still obviously holds a lot of spite toward us. There's disdain there.

The roles are about to be reversed in the next couple years.

our arrow is pointing up, theirs is going down.

Another thing that points out Ballard's character is the guy comes to the podium in a plain black sweatshirt. Didn't bother with putting on a Colts' shirt and I like that really. 

I'm for sure a Ballard fan. I think he has what the organization needs.