Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard press conference today at 11AM

stitches

I can really tell how well Ballard did in this presser just based of the comments here. It just depends on what you define as great. He said things and threw out red meat to the fan base while totally glossing over the fact the the team is in shambles. 

We just wasted 5 weeks on a coach who pulled out after it was announced that he was taking the job. Andrew Luck is working on his mechanics but has yet to even pick up a football?  Sometimes the first hire is not the best choice?  Didn’t you offer McDaniels the job because you thought he was the best?  We’re going to take our time finding a new coach?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I've just re-watched the end of the presser, and I think Ballard is terribly * off. He seemed to me like he was about to explode.

Yep he took the high road publicly but I am sure there is a lot of anger behind the scenes that we aren’t seeing.  I also think he realizes he can’t do anything about this so dwelling on it won’t help and he is moving on to what he can control.  Getting the best head coach he can.

10 hours ago, deedub75 said:

I can really tell how well Ballard did in this presser just based of the comments here. It just depends on what you define as great. He said things and threw out red meat to the fan base while totally glossing over the fact the the team is in shambles. 

We just wasted 5 weeks on a coach who pulled out after it was announced that he was taking the job. Andrew Luck is working on his mechanics but has yet to even pick up a football?  Sometimes the first hire is not the best choice?  Didn’t you offer McDaniels the job because you thought he was the best?  We’re going to take our time finding a new coach?

I wouldn't say we are in shambles. We lost 6 games last season by 7 points or less without Luck even playing. I think our team with another Draft and Free Agency will be much improved. Hopefully we get a Coach that is half way decent to go along with Luck getting healthy. We will see?

9 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I've just re-watched the end of the presser, and I think Ballard is terribly * off. He seemed to me like he was about to explode.

At the end, he hung his head and you could tell he was choosing his next and last words carefully, which is when he made the rivalry comment, lol. Yea, he was ticked.

10 hours ago, deedub75 said:

This team is not as bad as you think.  

Especially with a healthy Luck.  

10 hours ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Hey there HCF, 

My favorite part is near the end of the press conference when a reporter asks Ballard "Were you P.O.ed?" And you can see him crack a tiny smile & laugh under his breath. haha

He recovered nicely be reiterating that both he & Jimmy are competitive & wanna win & we will win. 

I'm mostly over my anger over what Josh did after I blew off steam last night. Turn the page now. Josh who? LOL! 

This reminds me of Henry Ford(Chris Ballard) and Enzo Ferrari(McDaniels and Pats). Ford had agreed to buy Ferrari and at the last second Ferrari backed out. Ferrari had never planned on selling to Ford, only to use Ford’s deal as leverage for another deal. Angry for being used and made to look like a fool, Henry Ford went to his team and told them something along the lines of “I don’t care how much it costs, but we are going to build a car and beat Ferrari at their own game at Le Mans.” Ford went on to build the GT and within a few years was dominating Ferrari until Ford felt he had proven his point and stopped production.

Lets hope the patriots just awoke the sleeping giant. 

ESPN people laughing like the Golic's saying Colts/Pats isn't a rivalry have no clue which is shocking. That has been a Rivalry for ever going back to the AFC East days. Pats have got the better of it lately we all get it. I guess it wasn't a rivalry then from 2005-2009 when we went 5-1 against them?? I guess the Bears/Packers wasn't a Rivalry when Brett Favre beat them like 10 times in a row?? Get a clue ESPN and quit dissing the Colts like you always do YUCK YUCK YUCK. Hi I am Mike Golic Jr, I wasn't even born yet when the Colts/Pats were a Rivalry in the 80's but I know what I am talking about lmao. In 1987 we won the Division with Eric Dickerson and the Pats went to the SB in 1985 and were a Playoff team in 1986, it was a Rivalry back then, do your research Disney.