Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard press conference today at 11AM

stitches

9 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

I think you are misunderstanding things...

The COLTS are the ones being "cursed" here.   Is it possible this is all happening due to lindering hard feelings over the whole Deflategate saga??

I think there is only one team/franchise with hard feelings over Deflategate. Colts fans know it made no difference in the outcome of the game and the suspension and penalties on the Pats was way way more than any were expecting. I was expecting some equipment fines....few hundred thousand dollars and possibly putting them on some type of zero tolerance thing along those lines....maybe the NFL spot checking them here on out....did it happen...sure did...but I don't think anyone over here was still holding some grudge that the Pats didn't have to give their pound of flesh from the whole thing. The whole organization has basically been cleaned out from all that...it appears Kraft and company were the one's still holding lingering feelings and is taking the great satisfaction of sticking it to the Colts one more time. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I really hope he throws some well deserved jabs towards McD and Kraft. That whole organization from the top down is trash. 

He will take the high road....trust me...taking the low road just drags you into the mud with the pigs my grandma always said. Take the high road....and then have Ham for lunch! It tastes all the better!

36 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’m glad it’s just Ballard. I can’t imagine Irsay was too thrilled and he probably wouldn’t have had any kind words. 

Has he even tweeted about this?? I agree...Irsay is about as crazy with the tweets as Trump...someone must have stolen his phone....and a good thing...he would only make things look worse. Ballard's demeanor...the guy just oozes class....and he will bring it back to the Colts....starting with this presser.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think there is only one team/franchise with hard feelings over Deflategate. Colts fans know it made no difference in the outcome of the game and the suspension and penalties on the Pats was way way more than any were expecting. I was expecting some equipment fines....few hundred thousand dollars and possibly putting them on some type of zero tolerance thing along those lines....maybe the NFL spot checking them here on out....did it happen...sure did...but I don't think anyone over here was still holding some grudge that the Pats didn't have to give their pound of flesh from the whole thing. The whole organization has basically been cleaned out from all that...it appears Kraft and company were the one's still holding lingering feelings and is taking the great satisfaction of sticking it to the Colts one more time. 

You are 100% correct.  Kraft/Patriots have the lingering hard feelings...and they are continuing to exact their revenge on Indy for it.

Some would refer to this as "karma" for those who were responsible for starting the whole mess...

44 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I like that Stephen Holder tweeted out that the reaction from the Colts was "anger, but not panic".  This is the exact reaction I would have hoped for and will be very interested to hear what Ballard has to say.

I bet....I am just picturing the IT department coming into Ballards office and looking down at phone crushed to bits in the corner....and the Chris saying...I need a new phone....I've got some calls to make......very important calls....with a smoldering look...and the IT guy being like yes sir!!

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He will take the high road....trust me...taking the low road just drags you into the mud with the pigs my grandma always said. Take the high road....and then have Ham for lunch! It tastes all the better!

Hey bro, don't talk me back down to earth lol. I know, I know you're right. I would love nothing more than to beat Kraft and McD right now though. Like full ground and pound. 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I bet....I am just picturing the IT department coming into Ballards office and looking down at phone crushed to bits in the corner....and the Chris saying...I need a new phone....I've got some calls to make......very important calls....with a smoldering look...and the IT guy being like yes sir!!

Back when I was a desktop support guy I had a scenario like this happen to me lol.  Except it was a printer.... one that the exec bought... And he threw it off a flight of stairs outside his office haha.

That's a good memory lol

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

You are 100% correct.  Kraft/Patriots have the lingering hard feelings...and they are continuing to exact their revenge on Indy for it.

Some would refer to this as "karma" for those who were responsible for starting the whole mess...

How is it karma for the Pats who started deflating footballs before games in the bathroom. I mean EVERYONE agrees they did it. Unless you still buy the story the equipment guy's nickname was the deflator because he lost weight. Anyways...I don't believe in karma...and I am sure God is focused on much bigger things....but the one thing we know for certain....all things end....change is inevitable....and it may not be this year or the next...but there is going to come a time and when it happens I wouldn't want to be on the other side when the payback happens. I'll leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Hey bro, don't talk me back down to earth lol. I know, I know you're right. I would love nothing more than to beat Kraft and McD right now though. Like full ground and pound. 

Oh no worries...its justified...just let it out....but Ballard has a job to do...and the worst thing he could do would go all unprofessional and crying foul. If anything is to be done it will be done behind closed doors at the NFL offices (and I doubt that). He needs to send a message...and I know he will send a good one....he is in charge...he is under control...and this organization is going to hire a GREAT coach...and we will settle this on the field.

Just now, dgambill said:

Oh no worries...its justified...just let it out....but Ballard has a job to do...and the worst thing he could do would go all unprofessional and crying foul. If anything is to be done it will be done behind closed doors at the NFL offices (and I doubt that). He needs to send a message...and I know he will send a good one....he is in charge...he is under control...and this organization is going to hire a GREAT coach...and we will settle this on the field.

You're right bro. If anything we dodged a bullet. That shows some very low character. If you had good character and a man of your word he would have said to Kraft. I'm sorry, I'd love to stay but I have my word and have coordinators who've left their jobs to come to the Colts. Or he should of went to B.B. and Kraft 5 weeks ago. 

16 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

So it’s karma that the Pats broke the rules and got punished for it that something bad happens to the Colts...

That logic only makes sense if your a Patriots fan boy who thinks the rules don’t apply to your team.  The Colts didn’t do anything wrong in deflate gate.  Despite what Boston will tell you there is nothing wrong with going hey the other team is cheating when they are.

Just now, Nadine said:

But that IS Kharma

No....well maybe I don't know what karma is...but to me Karma is the theory of some universal cause for what goes around comes around...no this will not be done by some phantom universal code...it will be done by one man...who will hire the right men/women that will coach and play for the Colts and some day soon put a cleat up their rears.....but make no mistake...it won't be the universe that causes it..it will be Chris Ballard....like straight up John Wick....it wasn't karma that killed those dudes that killed his dog...it was John Wick....and I can see Chris using this moment to sharpen his resolve and inspire him even more than he was before to put together a team that will win us a championship...to make things right.

22 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

The problem is that even the Patriots fans that want to let it go will not, because the feelings of pettiness permeate from top down. Robert Kraft is just as petty and juvenile as most Patriots fans I know. He is just as insecure as our tweeting POTUS finding any reason to get offended or slight the opposition (be it belittling Atlanta's 28-3 with his rings, or come up with the "my son has 4 SB rings" statement, or being behind this recent stunt). Kraft does not need a reason to be petty, he just is by nature. 

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You're right bro. If anything we dodged a bullet. That shows some very low character. If you had good character and a man of your word he would have said to Kraft. I'm sorry, I'd love to stay but I have my word and have coordinators who've left their jobs to come to the Colts. Or he should of went to B.B. and Kraft 5 weeks ago. 

Yep...or Kraft and Belichick would say....sorry son...we loved to have you...and you've been great but you gave the Colts your word...hired these assistants you need to step up and do the right thing....sorry we won't have you back. If you don't want to go there then you should either take a year off or find another landing spot. That's just my opinion though....if you help someone do the wrong thing....well you show your character too.

19 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

karma works both ways..... just saying

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No....well maybe I don't know what karma is...but to me Karma is the theory of some universal cause for what goes around comes around...no this will not be done by some phantom universal code...it will be done by one man...who will hire the right men/women that will coach and play for the Colts and some day soon put a cleat up their rears.....but make no mistake...it won't be the universe that causes it..it will be Chris Ballard....like straight up John Wick....it wasn't karma that killed those dudes that killed his dog...it was John Wick....and I can see Chris using this moment to sharpen his resolve and inspire him even more than he was before to put together a team that will win us a championship...to make things right.

kharma is fate following or in effect from a cause

in this case the Colts righting the ship and McDaniels being on the losing end

the universe doesn't do it, the actions precipitated by mcdaniels action do it

19 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Blowing the whistle on a dirty franchise is Karma? Deflate gate, spy gate and who knows else

how they cheat to gain an advantage. Josh went back to NE because Irsay wouldn't allow him

to video tape the opposition like in Denver or NE. My theory of course.

Too bad we play in New England this season.  Could have been a chance to not give credentials to Kraft to attend the game...make him buy a ticket and sit with the fans...ha, ha.  Imagine the reaction from the fans when NE takes the field.   We'll get that chance someday.

Hoping we go to NE and lay a real whooping on them.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

So it’s karma that the Pats broke the rules and got punished for it that something bad happens to the Colts...

That logic only makes sense if your a Patriots fan boy who thinks the rules don’t apply to your team.  The Colts didn’t do anything wrong in deflate gate.  Despite what Boston will tell you there is nothing wrong with going hey the other team is cheating when they are.

It's deflection...let's focus the attention on to someone else so we don't have to own up for our own mistakes. It's so prevalent in politics and media today...not getting political but the fact that it works so well is a shame...and statement of the lack of objectivity in America...and it even runs right into sports...but it is what it is. Honestly, I don't know why Patriot fans are on the board to gloat or comment about this. There are some very raw emotions being worked through over here and to me its just trolling. We have some good posters from their fan base but discretion is the better part of valor....if you don't have anything supportive to say its best to not say anything at all right now.

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

Too bad we play in New England this season.  Could have been a chance to not give credentials to Kraft to attend the game...make him buy a ticket and sit with the fans...ha, ha.  Imagine the reaction from the fans when NE takes the field.   We'll get that chance someday.

Eberflus vs McDaniels, that will be interesting, bring the kitchen sink baby. :) 

27 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

The first action was the deflating......and apparently reactions to that continue

1 minute ago, Barry Sears said:

I will continue my boycott of anything Patriot, this game or any other. I encourage

all other fan bases to do the same. The SB ratings dipped as well as any other

games they play in should.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's deflection...let's focus the attention on to someone else so we don't have to own up for our own mistakes. It's so prevalent in politics and media today...not getting political but the fact that it works so well is a shame...and statement of the lack of objectivity in America...and it even runs right into sports...but it is what it is. Honestly, I don't know why Patriot fans are on the board to gloat or comment about this. There are some very raw emotions being worked through over here and to me its just trolling. We have some good posters from their fan base but discretion is the better part of valor....if you don't have anything supportive to say its best to not say anything at all right now.

Well said!!! Patriots fans wouldn't be liking it if we went to their forums and rubbed it in their faces for the SB loss. So why should it be justified for them to rub salt on our wounds if they don't want it happening to them? 

We will let them grieve for their loss, let us grieve for ours. 

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

I will continue my boycott of anything Patriot, this game or any other. I encourage

all other fan bases to do the same. The SB ratings dipped as well as any other

games they play in should.

Do not buy any Kraft products, that would be a start???

This is probably to hire Mcdaniels, Ashton Kutcher will be in Krafts office hiding in a closet and when Mcdaniels comes from behind the curtain Ashton will pop out and be like "you got punked, *!" And all will be right with the world. 

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

The first action was the deflating......and apparently reactions to that continue

Nadine I thought I had worked through my anger and disappointment last night...figure a lot of people have too. But if we get a bunch of Pats fans on here telling us we deserve this or its payback etc etc...I'm telling you it will get real messy on this forum. Like I said there is a raw nerve right now and if you keep poking the bear sparks will fly. It would behoove them to either show a little support or compassion or not say anything at all. I might be able to bite my tongue but I don't know many that will be able to.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not watching Patriot games was my meaning. I buy mostly generic so I

don't buy much Kraft anyway.

I did stop buying Gillette razors a decade ago because of the Patriots.

Just now, chad72 said:

Kraft the company has nothing to do with Robert Kraft.  Don’t punish the wrong group.  I personally boycott Gillette because they are paying Robert Kraft by sponsoring his stadium.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Not the same Kraft, I believe that the Patriots' owner makes his money with packaging/boxes.

You could switch from Gillette to Schick.