• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

its true 

i

You guys wanted him...this is what he is about. Hope it works out. 

With that said. What does roster control really mean?  If it simply means that McDaniels gets to decide on the final 53 but Ballard continues to buy the groceries then I am alright with that setup.  But if McDaniels wants more say than Ballard on the grocery shopping then we might have a problem. 

38 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

Really hoping this is Arizona in college and not NFL for the sake of AZ Cards fans 

Ahhh... didn't even give that consideration seeing how it was in this thread.  You are right I am sure.

Thought it was a weird move.  Lol.

Thanks

Just now, crestmount said:

How about Nathaniel Hackett--any OC who can make Blake Bortles look like a superstar has to be a genious

I don't understand why Shurmur doesn't have more interest? When especially you give a guy like Josh so much respect. Can someone please explain that to me. 

On 1/13/2018 at 8:38 AM, 1959Colts said:

Here is my theory that the Colts HC decision will play out between three candidates. 

McDaniels

Vrabel

Patricia (indirectly)

The article by Rapoport says the Colts are down to McDaniels or Vrabel.

He mentions McDaniels is in the mix for the Giants as is Patricia.

The Lions seem to prefer Patricia but Vrabel is their other option.

If the Colts want Vrabel he could sign with us at any time, so if Vrabel is the man they want it's possible he signs soon...

However, if the Colts prefer McDaniels we have to wait, and then the Giants may compete with us.

So assuming the Giants first choice ends up being McDaniels (over Patricia)...

Once NE is done playing, it would come down to McDaniels to either Indy or NY

If McDaniels then chooses NY

Detroit then would be able to get Patricia and the Colts end up with Vrabel.

You've left Shurmur out of these scenarios and he could very well be in the mix for New York.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

With that said. What does roster control really mean?  If it simply means that McDaniels gets to decide on the final 53 but Ballard continues to buy the groceries then I am alright with that setup.  But if McDaniels wants more say than Ballard on the grocery shopping then we might have a problem. 

Or it could just be a matter of wanting to be involved and heard in the decision process. 

24 minutes ago, ad24rouse said:

You've left Shurmur out of these scenarios and he could very well be in the mix for New York.

Yes. Shurmur is definitely involved.

If the Vikings lose today, Shurmur can be signed this week. Arizona or Giants potential landing points.

If he Shurmur signs with Giants, watch for Arizona to sign Mike Munchak (who is now available with Pittsburgh losing)

That scenario would leave only Colts and Detroit as teams in need of HC. (unless Tennessee fires Mularkey?)

But I doubt this happens. It would just be too simple.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Dear God...

This is a common discussion point between coaches and GM's.  If true, McDaniels is far from the first coach who would want roster control.

To the question - it most likely means Ballard makes the personnel choices but McDaniels would have say over the final 53.

Not too worried about roster control...I’m sure coaches in high demand want some control of their roster...he didn’t do a bad job of it in Denver minus the Tebow thing. Had some good picks and personnel decisions. Just would like clarity down the road what that means. Just free agents to target...draft...does it just mean discipline? It could mean a lot but would make it easier to access down the road if things need to change with Ballard or McDaniels as to clarify their roles.

The way McDaniels gameplans an offense there’s no way Ballard wouldn’t seek his opinion and expertise on all offensive players...  To not do so would be criminal. What you gonna do?  Force him to run “his” offense with “your” kind of players and not “his” kind?  Ballard is smarter than that.