stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I see it ending up Shurmur at NY Wilks at AZ and McDaniels at Indy if I had to guess

The strangest thing to me is that we aren’t really seeing many college coaches getting a shot this year. 

7 minutes ago, corgi said:

The strangest thing to me is that we aren’t really seeing many college coaches getting a shot this year. 

the chip kelly experiment is a big reason why imo. I think its better college coaches get some nfl experience before they aim for the top job 

13 minutes ago, corgi said:

A lot have failed here recently might have something to do with it and the recent big successes are from hiring young coordinators from other NFL squads. Plus the top dogs in college all make damn near NFL money anyway lol

19 minutes ago, corgi said:

Haven't had any really turn out any good. The only one I can think of recently is Jim Harbaugh and he's back in the college game 

10 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

There is nothing confirming it’s inevitable at this point. Likely yes...inevitable...no. He could still opt to stay in New England.  We won’t know for sure till February. Things could still change. 

Why would he stay though? He doesn’t have anything left to prove there, & this would be a great 2nd chance to redeem himself as a head coach. Honestly, I’d say there’s a better chance of him signing with the Giants than there is of him staying in New England.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Can they do that? I mean officially sign the guy before his team completes its playoff run?

Nope. You have to be careful reading all of these headlines and blurbs. The "expectation" is that they will be hiring Patricia, since they have eliminated the rest of the candidates.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not sure Eli would be wanting to go to a new offense this late in his career

I think Eli is pretty familiar with McDaniels offense, at least the terminology. He's been tutored by David Cutcliffe since forever, who runs the same concepts. 

10 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Didn't Mike Francesa retire last month?

Thank God...the only time I would change the station while Dan Patrick was on was when Mike Francesa called it. He's unbearable...

8 hours ago, Superman said:

Jerick McKinnon is also a FA. And he can throw...

I mean.... he was the "QB" at Georgia Southern, but with their triple option offense, he barely ever threw the ball. He tore us (ODU) up though.

10 minutes ago, Shive said:

I mean.... he was the "QB" at Georgia Southern, but with their triple option offense, he barely ever threw the ball. He tore us (ODU) up though.

I'm just saying, he can throw. He can do what Willie Snead did today, for instance. Or the Julian Edelman TD throw from the 2014 playoffs.

17 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

I'm slowly coming to the realization (and reluctantly accepting) that McDaniels will be the next head coach. 

I wouldn't mind Vrabel as DC, but it sounds like McD might want to bring in the LB coach Mike Eberflus from Dallas as DC. (supposed to be well respected)

Vrabel as DC would be a lateral move so not possible unless Houston let's him out of his contract

10 minutes ago, HeSoColt said:

Man, I surely hope we do not lose out on Josh McD. I hope there is a handshake agreement in place already.

Same here. I mean.... there’s talks and expectations, but the wildcard that has me spooked is the Giants and how desperate they may be. In the end I think we get our guy, just the wait is killing me lol. 

7 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Why would he stay though? He doesn’t have anything left to prove there, & this would be a great 2nd chance to redeem himself as a head coach. Honestly, I’d say there’s a better chance of him signing with the Giants than there is of him staying in New England.

Right now it’s looking pretty good for those fans who want McDaniels.  All I’m really saying it’s not a done deal yet. Three weeks is enough time for a hiccup to occur. But I admit it’s looking more and more like McDaniels will be the guy.

If it does happens one thing that I will enjoy about it is the number of angry Pats fans.  Since Deflate gate many of them have come to absolutely revile the Colts franchise. Many are posting stuff on the internet like “any place but there or how could he go to that franchise or that drug abusing owner”. Also a bunch of mumbo jumbo about the Colts being under some Deflate gate curse.  Lol. That’s when you know all that stuff has really gotten to their head.  Funny stuff. 

12 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Same here. I mean.... there’s talks and expectations, but the wildcard that has me spooked is the Giants and how desperate they may be. In the end I think we get our guy, just the wait is killing me lol. 

Spot on my thinking... the Giants really scare me. Maybe they have an agreement in place behind the scenes and we are freaking over nothing.

NFL franchises are trying to systematically strip Bill Belichick of all his coaches in a single offseason.  I've heard that 3 of them are in consideration for various upgrades to various franchises already.

I still think Patricia is the crown jewel though.  He was the guy who came onto the coaching staff and the Patriots went from a bridesmaid team with some glory years in their history, to winning Superbowls again.  It disappoints me that we aren't in the running for that man.

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

the chip kelly experiment is a big reason why imo. I think its better college coaches get some nfl experience before they aim for the top job 

It would be nice, but there is a built in problem.   If a college HC is good, he can make as much money at a large college as he could in the NFL.