stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

On these types of things, I do too. I realize that Florios job is to get clicks, however it also seems sometimes he's purposely fueling potential fires that don't need to be fueled. He seems very Colts jaded in McDaniels potentially taking the job. Like he's secretly hoping it doesn't happen

It goes back to Irsay accusing information guys like shefter, florio, rapoport of having a prid pro quo with front office employees. Florio has been relentless in his cheap shots since.

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

If the McDaniels deal does fall through for Colts.

I would think Toub may be the one they actually do hire.

I'm not sure McDaniels to Titans would even happen based on owner uncertainty (this team is always having sale speculation) and besides I think now that Eberflus is mentioned, Mcdaniels to Colts is starting to get more legs than before. 

14 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

I hear you. He's not my favorite either.

But I do believe Tennessee want:

Mularkey out - McDaniels in

I doubt it. Titans shouldn't have hired Mularkey, but if they fire him, they'd be firing a coach in his second year. Look at all their previous coaches and when they were fired and it doesn't exactly scream stability. One thing we know is that McDaniels values stability and patience. 

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not sure McDaniels to Titans would even happen based on owner uncertainty (this team is always having sale speculation) and besides I think now that Eberflus is mentioned, Mcdaniels to Colts is starting to get more legs than before. 

That is one aspect of it.

Mike Mularkey is the new Chuck Pagano of the AFC South, underappreciated a bit though he may not be an elite coach. Mariota plays well in year 2, the Titans are media darlings and Mularkey got overshadowed a bit. Then, Mariota stinks it up in year 3, Mularkey is under more scrutiny. It is too early to get rid of Mularkey, Irsay didn't do that when we lost the divisional round at the Patriots in 2013, did he?

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

I doubt it. Titans shouldn't have hired Mularkey, but if they fire him, they'd be firing a coach in his second year. Look at all their previous coaches and when they were fired and it doesn't exactly scream stability. One thing we know is that McDaniels values stability and patience. 

The earlier you own up to your mistakes the better.  I don't see anyone killing the Giants firing Ben McAdoo midway through his second season.

12 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Anyone know anything about Eberflaus?  I was kinda hoping that if Josh McDaniels was the guy the Colts would bring in an experienced defensive coordinator.  I don't recall the Cowboys linebacker core being anything special. 

Good article that I found about him. Might not be a bad idea after all. Our linebacker group certainly needs all the help they can get. 

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/12/28/16822706/is-the-dallas-cowboys-most-important-free-agent-matt-eberflus

EXCERPT:  "Eberflus has made things work with limited options at times. Of course he’s had Sean Lee, but due to injuries he’s also had to work with players like Rolando McClain, Justin Durant, Damien Wilson, and Anthony Hitchens. Hitch is even considered by many as this team’s most important free agent (as far as players are concerned).

Matt Eberflus has also been critical in the development of Jaylon Smith, who granted still has a long way to go. It should also be noted how critical of a role he’s also played in Sean Lee’s development. The Ringer reported on their relationship back in January.

In addition to attending the Cowboys’ scheduled defensive meetings, Lee and fellow linebacker Justin Durant join Eberflus for 50-minute morning sessions they call the Breakfast Club, a signal-callers’ get-together aimed at digging through the minutiae of an opposing offense: every Darren Sproles carry, every Jordan Reed route, every Odell Beckham Jr. catch.

The piece also describes Eberflus’ famed exam that he hands out to prospective linebackers. Sean Lee famously missed only one of the 40 questions, a mark only ever achieved by one other player (Rolando McClain). Coach Flus is an extremely valuable asset."

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Anyone know anything about Eberflaus?  I was kinda hoping that if Josh McDaniels was the guy the Colts would bring in an experienced defensive coordinator.  I don't recall the Cowboys linebacker core being anything special. 

What little I read about him he seems to be a teacher/coach which seems to be a Ballard desired trait.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Mike Mularkey is the new Chuck Pagano of the AFC South, underappreciated a bit though he may not be an elite coach. Mariota plays well in year 2, the Titans are media darlings and Mularkey got overshadowed a bit. Then, Mariota stinks it up in year 3, Mularkey is under more scrutiny. It is too early to get rid of Mularkey, Irsay didn't do that when we lost the divisional round at the Patriots in 2013, did he?

What Irsay did is irrelevant. 

Tennessee does not have Irsay.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Irsay should have

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Right Mariota is healthy. Luck is not.

I think Brissett is a nice failsafe for McDaniels.

The Titans do have Mariota, and he's good, but he's dealt with his fair share of nagging injuries. Especially the hamstring. Obviously he's not as much of a concern for Luck, but at least with us McDaniels has a young backup QB with potential, who he's also coached.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

Giants ownership way better.

I totally disagree.  After the way they disrespected Eli & threw away his streak of starts, there’s no way you can say they have better ownership.  They only have a higher profile market.  That was a classless move to do to a QB that helped you win 2 championships.  Do you think Irsay would have allowed ANYBODY to end Peyton’s streak like that?  Especially in a lost season...  I can’t see it.  Then those clowns tried to pass the buck like they didn’t sign off on the move...  Way better???  I think not.

If Tennessee really wants Josh McDaniels.

And they go as far as firing Mike Mularkey...

It's safe to say the Titans

image.thumb.jpeg.0c2775af1dde5c86c608ee705af93379.jpeg

Not entirely sure why you're beating this drum. Titans can't interview McDaniels until SB week, so the Colts have the leg up. There are rumors that the Colts already have an agreement in place. I doubt McDaniels would take the job either and if he rejects the Colts just to take the Titans, it reflects badly on him.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

I totally disagree.  After the way they disrespected Eli & threw away his streak of starts, there’s no way you can say they have better ownership.  They only have a higher profile market.  That was a classless move to do to a QB that helped you win 2 championships.  Do you think Irsay would have allowed ANYBODY to end Peyton’s streak like that?  Especially in a lost season...  I can’t see it.  Then those clowns tried to pass the buck like they didn’t sign off on the move...  Way better???  I think not.

Agreed. Irsay is nowhere near as bad as Mara. 

If Tennessee really wants Josh McDaniels.

And they go as far as firing Mike Mularkey...

It's safe to say the Titans

image.thumb.jpeg.0c2775af1dde5c86c608ee705af93379.jpeg

Nashville is one of the most desirable cities in the US.  Great climate, music city USA, great food, and Tennessee Whisky.  They are averaging 100 people a day moving there.  Coupled with Mariota and a bunch of good players, Titans should be able to do better than Mike Mularkey.

Just now, Roger said:

Nashville is one of the most desirable cities in the US.  Great climate, music city USA, great food, and Tennessee Whisky.  They are averaging 100 people a day moving there.  Coupled with Mariota and a bunch of good players, Titans should be able to do better than Mike Mularkey.

Agreed, but I don't think it will be McDaniels.

5 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Well considering Irsay let the Perfect season in 2009 get thrown away 

As well as dumping Manning after he got hurt (which was a blessing in disguise for Peyton in retrospect) and complained about only winning one SB. 

Yeah I don't get how you gather the Giants are worse in that regard.

That being said I think Daddy Mara was the better owner than his son who seems to appear more stable.

And Irsay is a better owner than his father but is a loose cannon.

Just now, CF4L said:

As well as dumping Manning after he got hurt (which was a blessing in disguise for Peyton in retrospect) and complained about only winning one SB. 

That being said I think Daddy Mara was the better owner than his son who seems to appear more stable.

Very true.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

You don't think it will be McDaniels, or you hope it won't be McDaniels?

I don't think it will be McDaniels. Titans are late to the party - Colts have already interviewed McDaniels. Titans have to wait a few more weeks. If McDaniels already has an agreement in place, it also reflects badly to change his mind at the last moment.

1 minute ago, CF4L said:

You really are grasping at straws here. The Giants have an absolute mess in their organization right now from there front office all the way down to their locker room at the present time. And the Irsay fodder is flat out wrong as well. Irsay has respect all around the league despite his personal issues and his tendency to speak his mind in unorthodox ways.

5 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Not to mention...

The numerous other fiascoes that occurred with Grigson's and Pagano's - hiring - extensions - firing.  Lucks shoulder situation... and so on