stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Mike Francesca said multiple time Colts is the best job out there ( and is still saying it )

If Francesa is saying that then he's basing it on the assumption that Andrew Luck returns to 100 percent health.

Almost every story I read about ranking the HC jobs has the Colts first if --- IF --- Luck returns to his old self.    But if he doesn't, well not so much...   QB is everything in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Francesa is saying that then he's basing it on the assumption that Andrew Luck returns to 100 percent health.

Almost every story I read about ranking the HC jobs has the Colts first if --- IF --- Luck returns to his old self.    But if he doesn't, well not so much...   QB is everything in the NFL.

They also know that they will have a better idea about Luck before the draft and have the 3rd pick and could select a very good QB in the draft.    So Having Luck is ideal, there are still options

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Giants don’t have a healthy Andrew Luck, so at very least those 2 jobs are equal.

Just now, SLILLINGTON10 said:

Well you can't please everyone. Personally, can't wait to see what he can do with our offense. And hopefully Ballard gets some nice pieces for him to work with and help our defense.

Yep.

We could hire Tony Dungy back, being in Peyton Manning as OC and half this forum would implode with anger

I'll be shocked if wilks doesn't get the giants job. I don't see what the giants could offer mcdaniels that we can't not to mention both espn and nfln keep saying the colts are the front runners for mcdaniels. Yes the health of luck is a concern, but whatever luck did in the netherlands legal or not seems to have him confident he wont miss OTAs let alone the start of next season

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Better start warming up to it, because it’s inevitable at this point.

There is nothing confirming it’s inevitable at this point. Likely yes...inevitable...no. He could still opt to stay in New England.  We won’t know for sure till February. Things could still change. 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One thing that might persuade McDaniels is Jacoby. If, IF luck isn’t healthy, he’s worked with JB in the past and knows what he can and can’t do. That can be good or bad. 

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'll be shocked if wilks doesn't get the giants job. I don't see what the giants could offer mcdaniels that we can't not to mention both espn and nfln keep saying the colts are the front runners for mcdaniels. Yes the health of luck is a concern, but whatever luck did in the netherlands legal or not seems to have him confident he wont miss OTAs let alone the start of next season

I agree 100%. I think Luck knows more about his health than anyone else and what he did in Europe was all legal there and is his business.

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I agree 100%. I think Luck knows more about his health than anyone else and what he did in Europe was all legal there and is his business.

heres hoping. we cant afford him getting reprimanded by the league

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

That's interesting. It's been mentioned before, but yesterday, during one of the playoff games, Romo acted like McDaniels was a done deal to the Colts.

And at one point he kind of hushed up like he had let the cat out of the bag and sorta changed the subject... it seemed.

Don't know if any of this stuff about roster control is true, but Ballard comes from KC, where Andy Reid was always very involved in personnel decisions with John Dorsey. That worked well for them, until suddenly Dorsey was out. We still don't know what happened there... 

Anyways, point being, I think if that's true, Ballard knows how to navigate that situation and relationship. Hopefully. 

Just now, Superman said:

Don't know if any of this stuff about roster control is true, but Ballard comes from KC, where Andy Reid was always very involved in personnel decisions with John Dorsey. That worked well for them, until suddenly Dorsey was out. We still don't know what happened there... 

Anyways, point being, I think if that's true, Ballard knows how to navigate that situation and relationship. Hopefully. 

Plus I think that Josh won't have the level of control he had when in Denver.  This is still Ballard's show overall.

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think the people bashing him because of Denver is hilarious. Failure is our biggest tool better ourselves. Learn from our mistakes and go at it again. I would welcome him with open arms

And Bill Belichick was a failure in Cleveland. Surprised NE hired him and was successful.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Pagano said he was great to work with. My feeling is he works with the coaches and makes them feel very involved. 

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah, I don't think Ballard will give up roster control. I think they will work as a team and McDaniels will have input on decisions, but the final decisions will and SHOULD be Ballard's. 

BTW the Dorsey situation was allegedly because of some friction between the owner and Dorsey.

1 minute ago, stitches said:

I see no way Ballard relinquishes roster control in order to hire McDaniels. This sounds like another local media guy being fed fake information in order to placate the fans for them missing on a head coach... 

I see Ballard involving them in roster decisions but he makes final decision rather than to tell them to mind their own business and just coach.

I think we can all agree to one thing on this forum at this point: Nothing would be better than the Steelers (for some reason I don't hate them as much as most people on this forum) coming back to beat the Jags and then rolling into NE and beating the Patriots next week so that we can hire a coach and get all these "rumors" "its been reported" shenanigans done with. 

That being said, McDaniels at HC/OC (his OC will essentially be a placeholder considering McDanny will be calling plays) and Coach Flus at DC sounds hella appealing of a coaching staff at this stage. Imagine that plus 1 more year of a Ballard offseason. Regardless of how you feel about McDaniels, it is hard to deny that this is our best scenario at this point and we should all be rooting for this. 

Just now, hoosierhawk said:

I see Ballard involving them in roster decisions but he makes final decision rather than to tell them to mind their own business and just coach.

Absolutely. That IMO is the best way to do it - have the input of your coaches about what kind of personnel they want and what kind of players they need to implement their schemes and how they see prospective FA signings/draftees fitting into the team. That's only normal. When I say give up control, I mean give up the final decisions. 

8 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

its true 

i

Ballard acquires the players through the draft or FA.  McDaniels decides on the final 53.  I'm not sure that is such a bad thing.  I'm sure they would be working together on FA and the draft anyway.  The fact that the Colts cut Banner makes me believe Ballard when he says the best players make the team.  No loyalties. 

1 minute ago, masnerj said:

I think we can all agree to one thing on this forum at this point: Nothing would be better than the Steelers (for some reason I don't hate them as much as most people on this forum) coming back to beat the Jags and then rolling into NE and beating the Patriots next week so that we can hire a coach and get all these "rumors" "its been reported" shenanigans done with. 

That being said, McDaniels at HC/OC (his OC will essentially be a placeholder considering McDanny will be calling plays) and Coach Flus at DC sounds hella appealing of a coaching staff at this stage. Imagine that plus 1 more year of a Ballard offseason. Regardless of how you feel about McDaniels, it is hard to deny that this is our best scenario at this point and we should all be rooting for this. 

Why are you already so hi on Flus?

28 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

All of that is true....    but that doesn't mean Luck will ever be the same....

And it's too early to know.