Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please, Tell Me Why I Should Remain A Colts Fan!

Fireman818

I grew up in Indiana in the 70's as a Colts fan. My first painful experience was when they traded my favorite player, Bert Jones. Obviously I had many more after that. I was a STH until I moved to GA in 1999 (great timing on my part). First thing I did was get Sunday Ticket so I would never miss a Colts game. I can say that 2006 was more satisfying because I stuck with them through all the bad times.

Let's say you stop being a fan. What happens if Luck is as good as advertised and they return to the same level? How do you in good conscience "come back" to being a fan.

Family and friends do and say things we disagree with all the time. It's ok to voice your displeasure with them, but you don't disown them or end your friendship.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm at a crossroad so I want all you so called Colts fans out there to tell me why I should remain a Colts Fan. I've been called a non fan, a Manning "Fan Boy", Mr. Negativity and a disloyal individual. So after 27 years of being a Colts fan and missing just 3 Colts home games in 18 years, two this year alone, why should I remain loyal to the Colts?

I want to hear from you. I'm a STH and haven't renewed my tickets yet so convience me why I should stay. Mr. Irsay has gone nutts, he can't even listen to himself and keep things "in house" anymore. He can't keep his word to his players and fan base anymore. He can't have a meeting with the guy that saved his franchise and helped win a Super Bowl and helped build him a new stadium. He can't meet with the one guy that helped bring a Super Bowl to this City. I want to know why, after 27 years of loyal support through the good and bad, why I should continue to financially support this team.

I just want to know why, can someone logically convience me why! Is it that hard to want to know why????????????

I'm broken, sick to my stomach and just plain tired of it all. Anyone?????

Please make me understand! I'm on the ciff edge ready to jump!

'Cause we're born this way.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Besides, you'd miss out on the whole "Luck is better than Brady's successor" arguments.

Ok, I'm at a crossroad so I want all you so called Colts fans out there to tell me why I should remain a Colts Fan. I've been called a non fan, a Manning "Fan Boy", Mr. Negativity and a disloyal individual. So after 27 years of being a Colts fan and missing just 3 Colts home games in 18 years, two this year alone, why should I remain loyal to the Colts?

I want to hear from you. I'm a STH and haven't renewed my tickets yet so convience me why I should stay. Mr. Irsay has gone nutts, he can't even listen to himself and keep things "in house" anymore. He can't keep his word to his players and fan base anymore. He can't have a meeting with the guy that saved his franchise and helped win a Super Bowl and helped build him a new stadium. He can't meet with the one guy that helped bring a Super Bowl to this City. I want to know why, after 27 years of loyal support through the good and bad, why I should continue to financially support this team.

I just want to know why, can someone logically convience me why! Is it that hard to want to know why????????????

Jump

I grew up in Indiana in the 70's as a Colts fan. My first painful experience was when they traded my favorite player, Bert Jones. Obviously I had many more after that. I was a STH until I moved to GA in 1999 (great timing on my part). First thing I did was get Sunday Ticket so I would never miss a Colts game. I can say that 2006 was more satisfying because I stuck with them through all the bad times.

Let's say you stop being a fan. What happens if Luck is as good as advertised and they return to the same level? How do you in good conscience "come back" to being a fan.

Family and friends do and say things we disagree with all the time. It's ok to voice your displeasure with them, but you don't disown them or end your friendship.

Well said. Watch out for the nomes.

What do I want the organization to do? Well I believe, and this is my opinion only, that in order to maintain stability the Colts need to remain competitive. So with that said, if Manning is Healthy and we don't know, the best option is to trade the 1st round pick to get additional picks to help rebuild and shore up our numerous area's of concern. The #1 pick allows us the opportunity to do that but just drafting Luck and releasing Manning doesn't address that. It's a bandaid to a bullet hole. It will take us longer to rebuild going that route and still doesn't address our backup QB position. We need numerous picks to help several area's.

Appreciate the response but I can't agree with basically any of it.

In my opinion, if you need to told why to remain a fan, then you are not a fan at all.What in the world is so bad here you question your fandom,lol.Cincy is close, root them on, there I found you a new team and within driving distance. good luck!

I think after 27 years I have invested a lot in to the Colts. I've never been a bandwagon jumper or a fair weather fan as some have so kindly posted. I bet the majority of those posters have only been fans for a few years but hey to each his own. I think my lack of excitement was best summed up by an earlier poster when he stated the frustration point. I am frustrated, I am loyal and have been for 27 years through good times and bad so I'm not interested in posts that portray me has someone who just came onboard. I am excited about the coaching changes and what they might bring just not excited about the rebuilding aspect that seems to be coming. I don't like the fact that good players keep getting released and allowed to win with other teams but thats the business side of this. I guess I still believe in the game aspect and the loyality to players that deserve it.

I will root for Luck if he in fact he becomes the direction we take I just strongly feel it's a mistake when that #1 draft pick could deliever so much more. I do think Manning, if healthy, should take less money and stay because Irsay did pay him 26 million last year. I just don't think Irsay is playing all his cards right here but hey, its a no win situation either way to some.

I wish Mr. Irsay understood what Loyalty is all about!

Funny people seem to forget that Irsay paid him before last season KNOWING that Peyton may not play at all. I think it's funny people seem to forget that.

Irsay has to do what's best for the TEAM.

If Manning is healthy enough to return I hope he does. I love Peyton as much as every other Colts fan, but I don't want bringing Peyton back (especially if he's not healthy) to cripple the rest team.

I think after 27 years I have invested a lot in to the Colts. I've never been a bandwagon jumper or a fair weather fan as some have so kindly posted. I bet the majority of those posters have only been fans for a few years but hey to each his own. I think my lack of excitement was best summed up by an earlier poster when he stated the frustration point. I am frustrated, I am loyal and have been for 27 years through good times and bad so I'm not interested in posts that portray me has someone who just came onboard. I am excited about the coaching changes and what they might bring just not excited about the rebuilding aspect that seems to be coming. I don't like the fact that good players keep getting released and allowed to win with other teams but thats the business side of this. I guess I still believe in the game aspect and the loyality to players that deserve it.

I will root for Luck if he in fact he becomes the direction we take I just strongly feel it's a mistake when that #1 draft pick could deliever so much more. I do think Manning, if healthy, should take less money and stay because Irsay did pay him 26 million last year. I just don't think Irsay is playing all his cards right here but hey, its a no win situation either way to some.

I'm trying to say this as politely as possible. . I really don't think anyone cares. . . You've made it clear that you may not be a Colts fan and are on the fence right now. There are millions of other Colts fans, some new some old, and I doubt they all seek advice for their fan-hood. At this point it sounds like you are trying to get attention. Either you stay a Colts fan or stop being a fan. Whats so difficult about that?

If you have to ask, you obviously became a Colts fan because of manning.

Follow him to his new team, No one will miss you.

I would be willing to bet MOST on here have been fans since 84 as well. I also would bet that a very small percent are willing to jump ship over rumors and hearsay. Remember Jim Irsay is running a business, not a not a marriage,and you have to give him credit. With the exception of a few illadvised tweets,his last 12 year TRACK RECORD IS PRETTY GOOD.Huge Manning fan here, but I realize this myweekend entertainment not my livelyhood. Jim was quick to act on one bad season(at most of our request)so I think he cares as much as we do. Funny you started by questioning your own fandom, then quickly bashed most of ours,funny.

Colts fans are great but it's like batting your head against a wall because some have tunnel vision and get locked into one way of thinking that they won't listen to anybody elses point of view. Good luck to all Colts fans out there. This as been a long, brutal year and for me it's going to end in a negaitive light. I'm a fan and I still feel we are making a great mistake but I'll root for them, I just don't think I will trust this organization anymore. Were in a rebuilding mode so here's to three years of being donators. It was fun while it lasted and I'm glad I was a part of it.

Thanks for all the great posts and the words of wisdom from a few. It will be funny after several years of losing how all these so called Colts Fans remain here. The ones who seem to be the #1 Colts fans after just 5 years will be gone. Games will be blacked out, no one will be showing up but after 27 years I can proudly say, I was there through it all, just frustrated and tired of Mr. Irsay. He's grown old these last few years and his word isn't any good anymore.

Go Colts!

Colts fans are great but it's like batting your head against a wall because some have tunnel vision and get locked into one way of thinking that they won't listen to anybody elses point of view. Good luck to all Colts fans out there. This as been a long, brutal year and for me it's going to end in a negaitive light. I'm a fan and I still feel we are making a great mistake but I'll root for them, I just don't think I will trust this organization anymore. Were in a rebuilding mode so here's to three years of being donators. It was fun while it lasted and I'm glad I was a part of it.

Thanks for all the great posts and the words of wisdom from a few. It will be funny after several years of losing how all these so called Colts Fans remain here. The ones who seem to be the #1 Colts fans after just 5 years will be gone. Games will be blacked out, no one will be showing up but after 27 years I can proudly say, I was there through it all, just frustrated and tired of Mr. Irsay. He's grown old these last few years and his word isn't any good anymore.

Go Colts!

I hope you stay a Colts fan.

But I think the ones with "tunnel vision" are the ones who assume Manning will, at some point, be back to his old self.

There is little chance of that, IMO. Either way, to spend the 35 million + he wants (at his current condition), is the move of a FOOL.

Even if he had never had the neck issues, at his age, his skills are declining every year. Which would be fine if he was healthy, but he isn't and there really hasn't been signs that he will.

At his age, athletic skills (the kind you need to be an NFL QB) decline fast.

Also, blackouts or not, thats what NFL ticket is for. Or if you live in Indy area , you can go to game.

I've been a Colts fan since the seventies and went to games at memorial in Baltimore.

Compared to the Colts leaving Baltimore, this is just a bump in the road for me. Time and the Colts roll on.

For every Unitas, there is a Manning. And now for every manning, there is LUCK!

Same crap, different era.

Let's face it, we'd be going thru this in a few years anyway, even if manning hadn't had these issues.

I'm starting to think Peyton wants to cash in on one more big payday and is trying to hide his "condition" because he knows what it will do to his value.

As this goes on and on, I'm leaning more toward letting another team cripple themselves with that high pricetag for another potential Bob Sanders type "bench-warmer".

IMO.

Funny people seem to forget that Irsay paid him before last season KNOWING that Peyton may not play at all. I think it's funny people seem to forget that.

Irsay has to do what's best for the TEAM.

If Manning is healthy enough to return I hope he does. I love Peyton as much as every other Colts fan, but I don't want bringing Peyton back (especially if he's not healthy) to cripple the rest team.

I agree with all of what you said but I feel Mr. Irsay has somewhat mishandled the situation even overreacted to PM's comments and responded in poor taste as well as put too much emphasis on the business part of the deal. Just because its a business doesn't mean you should mistreat your franchise QB. Also when Mr. Irsay referred to keeping it "in house" or "in the family" he showed how disfunctional the family had become by using it to reprimand PM. I like Mr. Irsay but don't believe that everything he says is right.

Go Colts!

Its ironic you say other colts fans have tunnel vision but nearly all your posts have doom and gloom post Manning.

I agree with all of what you said but I feel Mr. Irsay has somewhat mishandled the situation even overreacted to PM's comments and responded in poor taste as well as put too much emphasis on the business part of the deal. Just because its a business doesn't mean you should mistreat your franchise QB. Also when Mr. Irsay referred to keeping it "in house" or "in the family" he showed how disfunctional the family had become by using it to reprimand PM. I like Mr. Irsay but don't believe that everything he says is right.

We don't know the details, but I have NO problem with Irsay's recent comments.

He said he wants peyton back. But of course it isn't for the 35 million, that would make him a fool.

Some could say Manning had the opportunity to meet with Irsay insted of going to a college basketball game.

It goes both ways. If manning was that serious, he could have stayed instead of going to the Duke campus.

I'm almost convinced that manning is in bad shape. maybe thats why he wanted to be "ckleared" to play. So he wouldn't be able to "work out" **cough** at the Colts facilities which would "hide" that fact from the organization. Who knows what is going on.

But if i have to side with manning or the Colts, well...... sorry peyton.

MY business takes priority over my personal wants and desires. I feel Irsay is smart enough to also understand this necessity.

Too many business owners spend every cent they make and then wonder why they are out of business in a year. STUPIDITY!

not to fond of people like this. peyton manning and marvin harrison are the reason i started watching the colts like 11 years ago. In that time i grew to love the whole team. Ill be just as mad as anyone when peyton leaves(especially if he goes to the dolphins), but i will not stop being a colts fan if because of that reason. That just wouldnt feel right. Will always be a colts fan through thick and thin, ill still be a colts fan when the apocalypse happens december 21 2012. GO COLTS!!!!

not to fond of people like this. peyton manning and marvin harrison are the reason i started watching the colts like 11 years ago. In that time i grew to love the whole team. Ill be just as mad as anyone when peyton leaves(especially if he goes to the dolphins), but i will not stop being a colts fan if because of that reason. That just wouldnt feel right. Will always be a colts fan through thick and thin, ill still be a colts fan when the apocalypse happens december 21 2012. GO COLTS!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought of that!

Why hasn't anyone else realized the end of civilization (end of the world on Dec 12th) is due to Irsay "forcing" Manning out.

It ALL makes perfect sense now!

Who do the Colts play the week of December 12th?

That obviously is who manning will be playing for this year.

Those mayans were no dummies!

Either you're willing to stay a fan or not. Nobody can make up your mind for you. I love this team, love them so much that I permanently marked it with a tattoo on my left arm. It doesn't have anything to do with Irsay, Manning, or any other individual associated with this team. It's is the horseshoe that I love, thick or thin, good times and bad. People come and go in sports, whether it's players, FO personnel, and owners, but the team carries on. Some things are worth fighting for and some are not. It's up to you to decide if it's worth your effort to keep fighting for this team. My guess is you'll answer yes. Would you leave your wife of 27 years because you had a cpl of bad months recently? My guess is the answer will be no. If you're truly passionate about something it's hard to give that up, and if you do I think you'll find out later that'll you come to regret it. GO COLTS!!!!

I hope you stay a Colts fan.

But I think the ones with "tunnel vision" are the ones who assume Manning will, at some point, be back to his old self.

There is little chance of that, IMO. Either way, to spend the 35 million + he wants (at his current condition), is the move of a FOOL.

Even if he had never had the neck issues, at his age, his skills are declining every year. Which would be fine if he was healthy, but he isn't and there really hasn't been signs that he will.

At his age, athletic skills (the kind you need to be an NFL QB) decline fast.

Also, blackouts or not, thats what NFL ticket is for. Or if you live in Indy area , you can go to game.

I've been a Colts fan since the seventies and went to games at memorial in Baltimore.

Compared to the Colts leaving Baltimore, this is just a bump in the road for me. Time and the Colts roll on.

For every Unitas, there is a Manning. And now for every manning, there is LUCK!

Same crap, different era.

Let's face it, we'd be going thru this in a few years anyway, even if manning hadn't had these issues.

I'm starting to think Peyton wants to cash in on one more big payday and is trying to hide his "condition" because he knows what it will do to his value.

As this goes on and on, I'm leaning more toward letting another team cripple themselves with that high pricetag for another potential Bob Sanders type "bench-warmer".

IMO.

I was in Baltimore in'75, just a kid,visiting my moms family and wanted to see the colts and Bert Jones play miami for the afc east division showdown. But we had to come home to West Palm Beach just a couple days before the game. I still regrett not being able to go to the game.

So, I was wondering were you at that game?

I can't tell you why you should be that's up to you.

I can tell you for me it's because I am a fan of the team not one player. Don't get me wrong I love Peyton Manning and I don't think we can put into words what he means to the team and to the city of Indianapolis and even the NFL. I've honestly felt privledge to get to watch him play in person. It's like watching a master painter preform his craft.

With that said, I loved the Colts before Peyton Manning came along and I will love them after him. I know he wasn't nearly the player Peyton Manning was but I went threw this with Jim Harbaugh. I know people are going to say that is crazy to compare the two and if we are talking about just in terms of talent you would be right it is. However if you alk about what they ment to the Colts it's less crazy. Before Peyton Manning came along Jim Harbaugh had brought the only real sustaned success this franchise had seen since moving here. It was very hard to see him leave this team at the time he did.

I honestly remembering when I heard Harbaugh had been traded thinking this new guy better be worth it. Clearly he was. I understood at the time it was the right football move just as I understand what is probably going to happen here is the right football move. It didn't mean I had to like it and I didn't just like I don't now. Still I also know if I had held on to the brief anger I had over the Harbaugh trade I would have missed all the joy Peyton has brought me.

Look I have no idea if Luck or RG3 is even going to be remotely close to Peyton Manning but I do know everyone seems to think you can't miss with either guy. If we have to rebuild without Peyton Manning we could be in far worse shape than having to do it without the guy that people are calling the best QB prospect since Elway.

That doesn't mean I like seeing Peyton go. I hate it. I am not really sure if I'll be able to watch Peyton once he isn't here anymore. Still I also understand you can't risk the future of the franchise on a guy who is 36 years old and has had at least three maybe four neck surgies and if reports are true is looking at a fourth or fifth surgery and still has not fully recovered from the last surgery.

In a prefect world sure Peyton takes the lesser deal but I don't think that is going to happen. If he leaves I am not going to hate the Colts for making the smart football move. I will think the Colts honestly did everythying within reason to keep him. If he leaves it's really sad business part of sports that people hate. Frankly it's a side the city of Indianapolis has been lucky to avoid. We got to see other long time favorites Rick Smiths, Reggie Miller, Marvin Harrison, and Terk Glenn all retire here and play their whole careers here. Heck we even got to see Tony Dungy walk away rather than being fired or leaving to coach another team.

It stinks and it doesn't seem fair and I don't like it. However, the Colts are still my team and they are going to be around a longer than Peyton Manning will be. Players come and go. Maybe I am old fashioned but I love my team. It doesn't mean I don't like Peyton Manning or don't want him here. I just understand at some point every team moves on from a player.

As for why you should still be a fan that's up to you to decide.

Go Colts!

Pot, meet kettle. Your posts in this thread have had zero consistency. You start this thread saying you need a reason to be a Colts fan after ONE losing season. Then, after being called out by almost everyone in this thread, you backpedal and say you'll support the Colts and have only lost trust in Irsay. and THEN you question the fandom of everyone else in here by saying you doubt we've been fans for more than a few years? Bro you need to check yourself.

I was going to write a long response, but then I decided you're not worth it. Have fun being a Packers fan -- or whoever else is playing well at any given moment.

Fireman818

I feel you man. I came to that crossroad 5 years ago, and pulled the trigger (I.e. stopped being a fan 4 years ago). Like you I was dedicated and supported the team with a passion ... for years ... all the while watching Polian's star grow ... while his ego manifested into a monster. This continued until Polian was driving (almost single-handedly) the franchise towards mediocrity.

Like many fans, I protested one Polian decision after another (from keeping Dungy to hiring Caldwell and almost everything in between). Maybe I had become jaded but It seemed evident to me (at the time) that the franchise was Polian's from top to bottom ... that his power had grown beyond any GMs purview ...and that Irsay was content to leave it that way. To bad owners can't be fired.

As a non-fan my first year was tough. I found it difficult (almost impossible really) to not follow the team ... but was commited to my decision. The second year was different ... I was managing to NOT care ... and it was surprisingly liberating as a football fan. I was able to follow other teams ... looking for one I can adopt ... and enjoying the process. Oh sure, I tuned in to Coltstopia now and then but I had disconnected the emotional chains. I was able to look at what was going on with clarity around the league and concluded my decision to stop being a Coilts fan was the correct one. I was watching grewat football players, coaching, and GMing and was loving it.

When the Colts had their second SB run and were winning game after game, I found myself rooting for them again. I was not a fan then ... heck I had even left Indy and was working in Montana ... so it was weird ... but there you have it ... I was still emotionaly connected. I found myself chuckling at how much Manning and the team mattered to me still. Then it happened again, ANOTHER Polian decision to rest manning against the NY Jets and I lost my mind. And the Colts lost the SB a short while later. I was heart-broken and ticked because one man and his ego could not let the team be what thay could be.

Then came last year. For me it was the ultimate proof of how much this man had gutted the franchise. I found myself watching in disbelief. Not even in my worst case scenario could I have imagined that the team was that hapless.

So here we are. My final analysis is this:

You may stop rooting ... you may stop watching ... you may even move away ... but if you were ever a true fan ... It is impossible to STOP caring ... it is impossible to stop BEING ONE.

Let's hope this cleaning house continues ... ... and that the franchise rises (hopefully around Manning) once again

GroundZero

Edited by Maureen
Personal Shot at moderators

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never thought of that!

Why hasn't anyone else realized the end of civilization (end of the world on Dec 12th) is due to Irsay "forcing" Manning out.

It ALL makes perfect sense now!

Who do the Colts play the week of December 12th?

That obviously is who manning will be playing for this year.

Those mayans were no dummies!

I thought 2112 had to do with the priests and the temples ....and a football!

We don't know the details, but I have NO problem with Irsay's recent comments.

He said he wants peyton back. But of course it isn't for the 35 million, that would make him a fool.

Some could say Manning had the opportunity to meet with Irsay insted of going to a college basketball game.

It goes both ways. If manning was that serious, he could have stayed instead of going to the Duke campus.

I'm almost convinced that manning is in bad shape. maybe thats why he wanted to be "ckleared" to play. So he wouldn't be able to "work out" **cough** at the Colts facilities which would "hide" that fact from the organization. Who knows what is going on.

But if i have to side with manning or the Colts, well...... sorry peyton.

MY business takes priority over my personal wants and desires. I feel Irsay is smart enough to also understand this necessity.

Too many business owners spend every cent they make and then wonder why they are out of business in a year. STUPIDITY!

Well either way, whether it's PM or Irsay, I understand we are all human and make mistakes and regardless of who says or did what, and who comes or goes, I will always be a Colts fan! Change is inevitable, it is going to happen sooner or later. Fireman818 should stay a Colts fan because you can pull for PM no matter what team he is with. You can disagree with Irsay's decisions but it's no reason to shun the Colts as a team. If you don't want to be a STH that is a whole separate issue.

If you do decided to leave that is your prerogative... I wish you all the best, depending on which team you actually end up following next. :evil:

Well, I've been reading this thread for 27 minutes. Can someone please convince me why we should burn this thread?

Do it.

I can understand all the desperatness about this situation (incl. horrible season, coaching, Manning etc.).

But being a fan is just like life, there are better times, and there are bad times too. Surely many are fed up with the team and the organisation, but next season won't be much better. The whole team is under reconstruction, and the new machine possible won't work perfectly in the first year.

Still I will remain a colts' Fan and will root for the team, hoping for better times.

I think after a few bad seasons, success taste more sweet.

GO COLTS!

I was in Baltimore in'75, just a kid,visiting my moms family and wanted to see the colts and Bert Jones play miami for the afc east division showdown. But we had to come home to West Palm Beach just a couple days before the game. I still regrett not being able to go to the game.

So, I was wondering were you at that game?

I was 9 or 10 then. I'm not sure if i was at that game or not. (my memory isn't what it used to be)

Bert Jones was my FAVORITE player. (until manning)

I live in pa but my brother (a Packers fan whose sister in law lived in baltimore would take me to 3 or 4 games a year. I can remember the stadium vividly and the smells.

I'll have to look back thru my old ticket stubs and programs to see if I did go to that game.

I always got a pennant of the visiting teams and have many neat Colts items from back then.

That stadium was soooo "barebones" and it was neat because the one end was open.

Saw some GREAT players back then and have FOND memories with my oldest brother.

As a kid living in central Pa, i literally did not know anyone else that was a Colts fan in my area.

I remember I'd always wear my Colts belt buckle and Colts beanie hat (with the puffy ball thing on top). I still have them along with a pristine baltimore Colts seat cushion which I'm quite fond of. Unfortunately, the Bert Jones jersey i had is no longer "with me". I wore that sucker out. I even still have about 3 Colt uniforms with helmets that I had growing up (too bad they don't fit anymore).

I have quite a baltimore colts shrine along with indy Colts stuff (tho not as much). In '06, i did buy the posters (which are framed on the wall) and the newspapers from the star. I still go back and look thru them from time to time. its kinda like a hobby. I was gonna buy a locker or a piece of the turf from the RCA dome but didn't. I still regret not doing it.

I recently (due to the Manning stuff going on) have been looking back thru that stuff and watching Manning-led games on dvd as I have every manning game on DVD which I recorded from Directv Sunday ticket. Many people around here don't understand why I recorded all those games and kept them but I am SOOO happy I have them and enjoy them in the offseason and when my mood is down. A couple months back, I started watching (in order) Colt games starting from manning's rookie year. I think I'm at the 2007 season right now. Its so great to see how peyton improved and "grew up" before our eyes. Its great to see some of the players that you forget about too. I also like to watch games from the '95 "let 'er rip" season and I was at the '95 AFC champ game in Pitt. I remember my brother and a friend of his (Steeler fans) went out on the town in Pitt the night before the game. I wore my Colts hat and Faulk jersey. Steeler fans treated me like their little brother that night as they didn't think we had a chance. They weren't so nice the next game , however, as they were really nervous as to how the game progressed. If the Colts would have won I'm not sure i woulda got out in one piece. haha