Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please, Tell Me Why I Should Remain A Colts Fan!

Fireman818

Thanks for sharing,I really mean that.

Bert Jones is still & always will be my all-time Fav. Not as great as Peyton but he was Elway before Elway was. Its a shame he doesn't get the publicity he deserves. I did see Jones & the Colts at the Orange bowl several times. I remember a MNF game vs the phinns and we were up late14-10 & kicked a FG to make it 17-10.The phinns drove for aTD as time was running out & the fans were as loud as can be thinking the game would go over-time but John Dutton blocked the extra point and we won 17-16. Those dolphin fans were stunned. I loved it.

I caught some Oriole games at Memorial when my other favourite team,the Yankees came in town. I remember catching a double header and Boog Powell hit a homer to win it. I recall ticket prices were dirt cheap back then and the stadium was very accessable there on 33rd st.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing,I really mean that.

Bert Jones is still & always will be my all-time Fav. Not as great as Peyton but he was Elway before Elway was. Its a shame he doesn't get the publicity he deserves. I did see Jones & the Colts at the Orange bowl several times. I remember a MNF game vs the phinns and we were up late14-10 & kicked a FG to make it 17-10.The phinns drove for aTD as time was running out & the fans were as loud as can be thinking the game would go over-time but John Dutton blocked the extra point and we won 17-16. Those dolphin fans were stunned. I loved it.

I caught some Oriole games at Memorial when my other favourite team,the Yankees came in town. I remember catching a double header and Boog Powell hit a homer to win it. I recall ticket prices were dirt cheap back then and the stadium was very accessable there on 33rd st.

Yep, theres just something missing from "the old days". After games in memorial, it wasn't uncommon to "bump elbows" with the players in the hallways. They were so accessible.

Injuries cut Bert Jones' career too short. I too thought he was awesome.

Back then, players were blue-collar.

Now, they seem to think they are bigger than the team.

Nice "talking" to ya.

Always happy to meet a Bert Jones fan.

just think of how easy it's gonna be for real fans to get tickets and go to games now. and real fans will be able to have real football conversations with each other without dealing with the johnny come lately fan butting in pretending they know everything

Wool and LJ - nice to hear from some Bert Jones fans. He is still my all-time favorite. I had a Bert Jones bike, named my dog Bert. Growing up in IN, about the only time I got to see them on TV was when they played the Bengals every year, and occasionally a MNF game. I remember begging my mom to let me stay up until halftime of the Monday night game in hopes Howard Cosel would show a Colts highlight.

Yep, theres just something missing from "the old days". After games in memorial, it wasn't uncommon to "bump elbows" with the players in the hallways. They were so accessible.

Injuries cut Bert Jones' career too short. I too thought he was awesome.

Back then, players were blue-collar.

Now, they seem to think they are bigger than the team.

Nice "talking" to ya.

Always happy to meet a Bert Jones fan.

Same here.

Maybe handle the Manning thing better. Keep your word as an owner. Keep the fans in the loop and not position yourself to make yourself look good when you can't. Maybe sack up and go for history when it's in your grasp and not make excuses after you blow it. Most importantly, finish this one way or other before March 3rd when STH are due to renew. You owe it to your fans to not be played as puppets. Those few things would go a long way. I thought it was the fans that made this all work. If we don't show or support the team how long can you survive.

You seem confused. On the one hand you want Irsay to keep fans in the loop, but when he does, you accuse him of not keeping his word. I'm not sure how you expect this "Manning thing" could be handled much better, given your desire to stay in the loop. The problems stem from the public nature of all the comments, interviews, tweets, etc., followed by the expoitation, manipulation, and misinterpretation of those tidbits by the media, then followed by the typical gross over-reaction to everything on this forum. The only solution would have been for the mess to stay entirely in-house, but then you wouldn't be in the loop.

I get your frustration over the blown perfect season. But that is now history, and it is time to move on. It also wasn't Irsay's decision.

I get your frustration over feeling pressured to pay for tickets before this debacle has been concluded. I can't tell you one way or the other if the March 8 bonus date was established intentionally to force STHs' hands, but somehow I doubt it. I renewed mine without hesitation.

Irsay has an incredibly difficult decision to make, and has never tried to shy away from it. Believe me, there is no way he is not absolutely aware of ALL the issues involved (we are only looking through a keyhole). I often think he is a little bit of a goofball, and I'm not sure I get all his tweets and comments, but his pimp suits aren't the extent of the man. I suspect he is sincerely attempting to make the best decisions for the long term health of this franchise, to the fans' benefit.

No one knows how this will all work out, but Jim's job is to TRY to put the team in the best possible situation for today, tomorrow, and on into the future, and my impression is that he takes that job very seriously. That isn't to say he hasn't made mistakes or that some decisions haven't backfired, but I give him a lot of credit for turning this franchise around, where you seem to want to give it all to Polian and Manning. In my opinion, there wouldn't have been a Polian/Dungy/Manning combo without Jim's vision and leadership. Who knows how the Grigson/Pagano/QBTBD combo will pan out?

I'm kinda excited to find out.

What if Irsay requested that Manning keep things in house and Manning didn't get that memo? Is it possible that Manning too is to blame?

Irsay isn't a crazy, out of control owner, Rather, he's fighting through the media to control damage that was and is being caused by the media.

please he calls PM a politician and says keep it in house...then goes to the media saying "if he wants to be here he will take a reduced contract" putting him on a corner...taht is not keeping it in house, thats called an hypocrite.

please he calls PM a politician and says keep it in house...then goes to the media saying "if he wants to be here he will take a reduced contract" putting him on a corner...taht is not keeping it in house, thats called an hypocrite.

Where did Irsay say that??? Have I missed sg???

Hasn't he said, it can be worked out, but not disclosed it any more?

Ok, I'm at a crossroad so I want all you so called Colts fans out there to tell me why I should remain a Colts Fan. I've been called a non fan, a Manning "Fan Boy", Mr. Negativity and a disloyal individual. So after 27 years of being a Colts fan and missing just 3 Colts home games in 18 years, two this year alone, why should I remain loyal to the Colts?

I want to hear from you. I'm a STH and haven't renewed my tickets yet so convience me why I should stay. Mr. Irsay has gone nutts, he can't even listen to himself and keep things "in house" anymore. He can't keep his word to his players and fan base anymore. He can't have a meeting with the guy that saved his franchise and helped win a Super Bowl and helped build him a new stadium. He can't meet with the one guy that helped bring a Super Bowl to this City. I want to know why, after 27 years of loyal support through the good and bad, why I should continue to financially support this team.

I just want to know why, can someone logically convience me why! Is it that hard to want to know why????????????

I'm broken, sick to my stomach and just plain tired of it all. Anyone?????

Please make me understand! I'm on the ciff edge ready to jump!

When I first started watching the Colts, #18 was Mike Pagel. I have seen many different QB's in a Colts uniform. I love Peyton Manning; however I am a Colts fan first and always will be.

I understand why someone would be upset if Peyton were to leave. I will be upset too. But it doesn't change my love for the shoe at all.

Where did Irsay say that??? Have I missed sg???

Hasn't he said, it can be worked out, but not disclosed it any more?

While Irsay didn't say it directly. Irsay basically is open to re-negotiating a contract that would take Mannings health into account. Basically Irsay is not going to pay the 28mill, is likely going to cut Manning BUT wants Manning back. At that point it's Mannings choice to come back to the Colts for less $$$ or go to another team.

We're all fans of a team. On the team, we root for certain players on that team for whatever reason. You cannot deny that you have a fave. The media often announces matchups by the marquee players on that team (Manning vs. Brady). Manning, in some ways has become bigger than the Colts and perhaps as big as the NFL itself, his success had brought national attention to a small market team.

IMO, Irsay has become a tad jealous of the fact and he is going about dealing with it in the wrong way (public PR war).

Fans are going to be upset when their favorite player on their favorite team is (in their perception) mistreated in some way.

Not everyone can express themselves as eloquently as most of you, sometimes their passion exceeds their ability to convey their message. No need to beat the OP up over it, in fact we should have more compassion.

off topic...how the heck do you all afford the season tix? Im doing alright and I still can't $wing seats at any of the new NY stadiums (yankees, mets, jets/giants).

ok, I got 2 Season Tickets 1st row, 500 lvl, numerous jersey's, autographed balls. TD Monkey and EP Monkey. I have a Manning Card collection valued at over $10,000. I need someone to repaint my garage and all the poster holes in the walls. My floor will need to be re-epoxied. I got a licence plate, every ticket to every game I have ever went too in a box. It's all going in the trash because some of you so called fans told me to jump, lol.

I can finally wear a different color than blue, looking forward to it. I'm done can't support this organization anymore. Mr. Irsay has no loyality and no longer is good to his word. Colts fans have turned on themselves. I'm a Manning "FanBoy", band wagon jumper, fair weather fan, been told to not let the door hit me in the butt, been told to go.

I'm taking my ball and going to another field to play with real fans. I think I'll just become a, cough, cough, Pats fan!

heck no, I won't go. If I left, you guys would get tickets to the games and give them up after we lose 5 years in a row. Probable sell them to Pats fans. I can't go, you guys need me. I'm stability to this youth movement of Colts fans. These ones that have there tickets willed to them by there rich daddy's. I'm the blue collar guy that needs to be in the seat. I'm the guy that screams at coaches when they do stupid things and the organization blows perfect season's. If I weren't here fighting for my beliefs of why Luck isn't the answer and Manning should stay, some of you would just be press puppets and believe everything they tell you. So you want tickets, go buy them from the scalpers like I did, sacrifice family and time to bleed blue. You young punks that think your "blank" don't stink, go kiss one because your not getting my tickets and I may just buy more so you goofs can't have them, you don't deserve to call yourselves Colts fans. Anyone that would tell someone after 27 years of lows and highs to jump or leave cause you don't care should be ashamed. This topic was a test and the majority passed but a few of you failed. Ashamed, thats how you should feel. Call yourselves Colts fans. You should never tell a fellow Colts fan to jump, be gone because we are in this together. Divided we are nothing. "Fair Weather Fan" Nice. BandWagon Jumper! after 27 years are you serious.

Kudos to the fans from Baltimore who still bleed blue! THATS A FAN! Thats, loyality!

I'm staying so you don't need to post anymore to talk me down. I'm just looking for attention! Good One!

What if Irsay requested that Manning keep things in house and Manning didn't get that memo? Is it possible that Manning too is to blame?

Irsay isn't a crazy, out of control owner, Rather, he's fighting through the media to control damage that was and is being caused by the media.

Manning is to blame for making a team with little talent a winner.

LOL

One thing i've learned through posting on these different boards and going to games for years, is that just because I share a fanship and rooting interest for a common sports team, doesn't mean I will actually like or enjoy said fellow fan.

LOL

One thing i've learned through posting on these different boards and going to games for years, is that just because I share a fanship and rooting interest for a common sports team, doesn't mean I will actually like or enjoy said fellow fan.

Dude, that is so cold, icicles are forming on my monitor.

True, though.

ok, I got 2 Season Tickets 1st row, 500 lvl, numerous jersey's, autographed balls. TD Monkey and EP Monkey. I have a Manning Card collection valued at over $10,000. I need someone to repaint my garage and all the poster holes in the walls. My floor will need to be re-epoxied. I got a licence plate, every ticket to every game I have ever went too in a box. It's all going in the trash because some of you so called fans told me to jump, lol.

Awesome. Just PM me for contact info and we'll get this done.

(also, no sack monkey? What kind of fan did you use to call yourself???)