Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please, Tell Me Why I Should Remain A Colts Fan!

Fireman818

Ok, I'm at a crossroad so I want all you so called Colts fans out there to tell me why I should remain a Colts Fan. I've been called a non fan, a Manning "Fan Boy", Mr. Negativity and a disloyal individual. So after 27 years of being a Colts fan and missing just 3 Colts home games in 18 years, two this year alone, why should I remain loyal to the Colts?

I want to hear from you. I'm a STH and haven't renewed my tickets yet so convience me why I should stay. Mr. Irsay has gone nutts, he can't even listen to himself and keep things "in house" anymore. He can't keep his word to his players and fan base anymore. He can't have a meeting with the guy that saved his franchise and helped win a Super Bowl and helped build him a new stadium. He can't meet with the one guy that helped bring a Super Bowl to this City. I want to know why, after 27 years of loyal support through the good and bad, why I should continue to financially support this team.

I just want to know why, can someone logically convience me why! Is it that hard to want to know why????????????

I'm broken, sick to my stomach and just plain tired of it all. Anyone?????

Please make me understand! I'm on the ciff edge ready to jump!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Irsay requested that Manning keep things in house and Manning didn't get that memo? Is it possible that Manning too is to blame?

Irsay isn't a crazy, out of control owner, Rather, he's fighting through the media to control damage that was and is being caused by the media.

Your very post explains why you should remain a fan. There's a lot of passion in that post, and it wouldn't be the same, or have the same meaning, if directed towards another team. There are so many wheels turning in this whole debacle that, should you choose to null your fandom, might come back to haunt you later. It's ok to be angry at all the different facets. It means you care. At the same time, you have to consider that there are things going on that you have no clue about (no pun intended). Take a deep breath, and keep rooting for the Colts. You stuck through Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, and Albert Bentley - you can and should stick through this.

Ok, I'm at a crossroad so I want all you so called Colts fans out there to tell me why I should remain a Colts Fan. I've been called a non fan, a Manning "Fan Boy", Mr. Negativity and a disloyal individual. So after 27 years of being a Colts fan and missing just 3 Colts home games in 18 years, two this year alone, why should I remain loyal to the Colts?

I want to hear from you. I'm a STH and haven't renewed my tickets yet so convience me why I should stay. Mr. Irsay has gone nutts, he can't even listen to himself and keep things "in house" anymore. He can't keep his word to his players and fan base anymore. He can't have a meeting with the guy that saved his franchise and helped win a Super Bowl and helped build him a new stadium. He can't meet with the one guy that helped bring a Super Bowl to this City. I want to know why, after 27 years of loyal support through the good and bad, why I should continue to financially support this team.

I just want to know why, can someone logically convience me why! Is it that hard to want to know why????????????

I guess if you're feeling sick and tired of it all, then this is the time to find a new team to support. The franchise is at a crossroads and the rebuilding has begun with the front office and coaching staff changes. There will be player personnel changes in the coming weeks, too. It's hard to accept all the changes when things worked so well for 10 years, but change will happen to every franchise...it's just tougher when it's the one you support.

I can't convince you to stay or go...do what you think is best.

Because you don't know what is actually going on .No one does other than Manning and Irsay. A fan cheers for the logo on the helmet. The logo on the helmet is more powerful than the name on the back of the jersey. Players leave, tough decisions get made, but the team remains. They aren't going to demolish Lucas Oil Stadium next year if Manning retires. Still wanna denounce your fanhood? Cool, then let me have your seats and I will cheer on the team every Sunday.

What's Irsay done besides update us on what's been happening every now and then? It's been the media that has blown this out of proportion. If you want to blame anything, blame Twitter where news leaks out so fast and nothing can stop it.

But Personally, I don't really care if you're a Colts fan or not. So if you leave don't let the door hit you on your way out!

:coltslogo:

Do you love the team or not? I can only assume you do since you have been a fan for that long.

There is know loyalty in sports....heck Irsay would even tell you it's business.

I believe that should work both ways, fan and the organization alike.

That doesn't work, because when an organization is run just based on loyalty you have a team that has multiple players who are the highest paid players at their position and not playing/not worth their contracts, and you're team is going to have 2 wins seasons AND THEN the fans want the man who paid these players fired, and this "loyalty" gets thrown out the window! Bill Polian ring any bells?

Because there is nothing more rewarding than being a fan of a team that has seen the mountain top, experienced the valley, and found a way to climb back up again. I love being a Colts fan because it isn't always easy or pretty. It's real. Being a Yankees fan is simple. Being a Steelers or 49ers fan with all those trophies sitting in cases is simple. Being a Colts fan means you will always have to fight it out with bigger cities, bigger payrolls, bigger stadiums, bigger fan base..... I like that part of it. And they have done it the right way, in exciting ways, every single time, throughout their history.

Your very post explains why you should remain a fan. There's a lot of passion in that post, and it wouldn't be the same, or have the same meaning, if directed towards another team. There are so many wheels turning in this whole debacle that, should you choose to null your fandom, might come back to haunt you later. It's ok to be angry at all the different facets. It means you care. At the same time, you have to consider that there are things going on that you have no clue about (no pun intended). Take a deep breath, and keep rooting for the Colts. You stuck through Jeff George, Jim Harbaugh, and Albert Bentley - you can and should stick through this.

That kind of post makes we want to believe. I respect your post and thank you for replying to the heart of the topic!

oh I forgot that one, bandwagon fan after 27 years, lol Thats a good one, yeah I'm a bandwagon fan, lol. This is the kind of new Colts fan's we really need. This is a class act guy here.

been a fan and a consistent poster on this forum for years. i dont question my fanhood. i dont care if we suck for 20 more years. i will always have a permanent seat on the colts wagon.

been a fan and a consistent poster on this forum for years. i dont question my fanhood. i dont care if we suck for 20 more years. i will always have a permanent seat on the colts wagon.

Now thats a good post but you have to have more to say than that. Thats vanilla but hey maybe thats how you feel, good for you.

yeah that's a great reason to stay if it worked both ways. I have been loyal but has the organization returned the favor???????? I think after 27 years I have moved beyond Loyalty.

How would you like for them to return the favor? Haven't the Colts been the most winningest football frachise in the last decade?

That kind of post makes we want to believe. I respect your post and thank you for replying to the heart of the topic!

I moved from Indiana in '06 to California. It has been a pleasure to see the guys on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights as well as a couple times at the O.Co Coliseum, and every Sunday, I wear my Colts blue. It's all over my office, I have the lic plate cover (I get honked at and flipped off - a lot), and Raider fans give me heck. They have been dogging me about this whole Manning/Irsay thing to the point of no return, and my simple reply to them is, "I am a Colts fan and always will be." I wish I lived back in Indy. I'd want nothing more than to be in that sea of blue at LOS whenever our boys play.

On your mark... get set....

I dont care if you remain a fan or not, it has nothign to do with me at all. if you do give up your tickets there are plenty of people on the waiting list ready to take them.

After 27 years its kind of a long time to give up on a team after it has just had the most succesful 15 years in the franchises history.

Ask yourself. Anyone else's opinion would likely not serve you. No offense, but coming here to ask smells of a chance to vent, not to actually let others sway your opinion. Good luck with your decision.

not true, I've vented enough and I honestly wanted to know what others think. Not looking to vent, that's not why I started this topic. I wanted to hear from others who love the Colts and why they might be staying. I don't think I will ever not just watch them but my passion is swaying.

If your a person on the STH waiting list, just wait your opportunity is probable coming. I'm sure there will be a lot of tickets not renewed. If the door hits me in the butt I hope it hits someone in the groin when it bounces back.

How would you like for them to return the favor? Haven't the Colts been the most winningest football frachise in the last decade?

Maybe handle the Manning thing better. Keep your word as an owner. Keep the fans in the loop and not position yourself to make yourself look good when you can't. Maybe sack up and go for history when it's in your grasp and not make excuses after you blow it. Most importantly, finish this one way or other before March 3rd when STH are due to renew. You owe it to your fans to not be played as puppets. Those few things would go a long way. I thought it was the fans that made this all work. If we don't show or support the team how long can you survive.

There is a big difference between no longer being interested in paying for season tickets, and no longer being a fan. I've been a fan for a substantially longer period of time than you, and have only been to a fraction of the number of games. One has nothing to do with the other.

If you've been a fan for that long, I can't imagine why you would think that the teams recent actions are intolerable. That is something that the ten year fans who are spoiled by winning are saying. They just can't process what is happening. You have a problem with Jim Irsay? Just think of his father. You aren't happy with the Peyton Manning situation? Just think of the Jeff George, John Elway, Art Schlicter, Bert Jones and Johnny Unitas situations. Frankly I have absolutely no idea what you are on the ledge about. I love Peyton, I had an enormous amount of respect for Polian, and I was quite happy with Caldwell. Things change, and I'll adjust. Ironically the Colts are actually in a "better" place than my teams in the other three sports. If I let THIS get to me the way that you have, I might as well start watching Golf.