Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Release Depth Chart

TKnight24

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the depth chart today if everyone is healthy.  Good is a better tackle than guard IMO.  Haag lost his starting spot partly because he can't stop a bull rush.  To me this says Haag and Clark need to improve a lot in order to start.  From what I have seen and read Vujnovich impressed from the get go and earned the starting spot.  Based on our roster this is the best OL combination to start the season.  Our backups at T and G are suspect to say the least.

The OL thing is kinda funny.

i'm starting to think they pull nam s from a hat each day to see who plays where. I don't ever remember this mich flipping around.

literally castanzo and kelly are the only two playing at only one position.

well, maybe it will confuse the crap out of opposing defenses.

56 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

malik not starting? smh

Did you honestly think he'd start after missing so much practice and preseason games?

They'll ease him in, eventually he'll be the starter if he earns it.  But no one is going to hand it to him.

42 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Y hell no. How often does a player actually hold out through the season. Plus if Quinn is 100% again he'll be putting some pressure on us. And Hooker will be starting by week 3-4-5

I think hes gonna be out. He hasn't ended his hold out yet and tomorrow will be half the week gone. I think the Rams even listed someone else as starter over him.

1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

I recall mentioning slightly after we drafted him that Butler would start the season off as the starter. I think that Hooker will start mid season but i dont think he is ready to start as of yet.

The best way to learn is by experience, and being thrown into the fire. This is becoming true with 1st round QBs, and a lot of other 1st round picks. Malik is not a late round pick that has no idea what he is doing, he's not someone who is way behind on a loaded depth chart at S, we drafted him in the 1st round, as a huge steal, to hold down the S spot for years to come. If he struggles, it's ok, he shouldn't be sitting behind someone like Butler. There is no substitute for experience.

1 minute ago, ProblChld32 said:

Why do you think that a rookie will be better than a seasoned veteran? 

I don't know that, but he's our 1st round pick that was, in reality, a top 5 guy in the entire draft. Butler isn't special, he has no business starting over Hooker. Hooker doesn't need to be babied. He should be starting day 1 to get valuable experience whether he struggles or not. He's not learning anything on the bench. If he's hurt, that's another story, but I haven't heard anything that says he's injured to where he can't start week 1.

32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don't get what they are doing with the o-line but I am not the coaches so I will sit back and hope it works.

Yeah, that's how I feel. They see these guys every day, they want to put the best out there.

I just wonder if it would be the same line if Luck was playing.   

2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

I am not buying this OL lineup. Makes no sense to make drastic changes now. I will believe it when I see it. 

And sadly I think we will.

C'mon Chuck, at least give us a few weeks before we pop our tops on your questionable moves.