Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY McGill busted

JRnINDY

28 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

It should be legalized anyway. No biggie.

No biggie? I guess when a NFL contract that is signed with certain rules fully known before hand gets voided over someone who don't have the self control not to throw millions of dollars away just to get high must not be a biggie to them.

Regardless of your personal feelings about the legalization of pot to throw away your livelihood of something you have been working your whole life for just to get high is really stupid. If you don't have the self control or the will not to do something you know is against the rules you don't deserve a NFL contract.

Let those who do have the self control and the will power have all the money.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

No biggie? I guess when a NFL contract that is signed with certain rules fully known before hand gets voided over someone who don't have the self control not to throw millions of dollars away just to get high must not be a biggie to them.

Regardless of your personal feelings about the legalization of pot to throw away your livelihood of something you have been working your whole life for just to get high is really stupid. If you don't have the self control or the will not to do something you know is against the rules you don't deserve a NFL contract.

Let those who do have the self control and the will power have all the money.

Good post and I agree with him needing self control with millions on the line

but weed being illegal is a joke. Aside from driving a vehicle the only thing in harms way around a stoned human is snacks and other food within arms reach. haha

7 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

Good post and I agree with him needing self control with millions on the line

but weed being illegal is a joke. Aside from driving a vehicle the only thing in harms way around a stoned human is snacks and other food within arms reach. 

On a personal level my opinion is weed should be legal. But it's not. I was an avid user of smoking pot for quite a long time. Never to the point I went to work high and risk my job from being obviously high.

Just like drinking alcohol, there is a time and place for doing it.

When your job depends on you being straight why risk your livelihood just for a buzz? 

I have made a couple of trips to Colorado and partaken in legal smoking of weed but had to have it out of my system before I took a drug test here in Indiana. If I come up hot I will lose my pain medications.

There is where the problem is. The big pharmaceuticals want their wares used and control the system.

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

On a personal level my opinion is weed should be legal. But it's not. I was an avid user of smoking pot for quite a long time. Never to the point I went to work high and risk my job from being obviously high.

Just like drinking alcohol, there is a time and place for doing it.

When your job depends on you being straight why risk your livelihood just for a buzz? 

I have made a couple of trips to Colorado and partaken in legal smoking of weed but had to have it out of my system before I took a drug test here in Indiana. If I come up hot I will lose my pain medications.

There is where the problem is. The big pharmaceuticals want their wares used and control the system.

If you like Pink Floyd, The Who, Joe Walsh and Led Zepp....you smoked a doob or 50....

I get that professional athletes should show the restraint to pass these tests, no doubt. And from what I've learned it sounds pretty easy to plan around these tests.

But there's a reason even NFL owners are trying to make it so that the players can use medicinal marijuana, and of course the NFLPA. A looot of players smoke weed, same with the NBA, and it's no secret. Of course, that wouldn't work out so well in our state, as well as several others, but still.

58 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

If you like Pink Floyd, The Who, Joe Walsh and Led Zepp....you smoked a doob or 50....

Not true!

I'm a huge Zepplin fan and I......never..............smoked...................................

..........ah, nevermind.

28 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I get that professional athletes should show the restraint to pass these tests, no doubt. And from what I've learned it sounds pretty easy to plan around these tests.

But there's a reason even NFL owners are trying to make it so that the players can use medicinal marijuana, and of course the NFLPA. A looot of players smoke weed, same with the NBA, and it's no secret. Of course, that wouldn't work out so well in our state, as well as several others, but still.

The owners can try all they want but until the pharmaceutical company's lose their control over the laws they will not get too far.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The owners can try all they want but until the pharmaceutical company's lose their control over the laws they will not get too far.

I agree, I don't think they will either. Especially with the big pharma aspect. Just meant that they want to because they know a lot of their players are.

8 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I actually agree, I don't think they will either. Especially with the big pharma aspect. Just meant that they want to because they know a lot of their players are.

Right now prescription drugs are the #1 abused drug in the country so all that means is the pharmaceutical companies are in total control. Big money controls.