Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly will miss multiple weeks [Merge]

bradgt04

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 21isSuperman changed the title to Ryan Kelly will miss multiple weeks [Merge]
1 hour ago, Superman said:

And he's still on PUP... Can we get Austin Blythe back?? 

Who has been playing center with Kelly out?

I wouldn't be shocked if we sign him back. However, we could give Adam Redmond a shot too, he has been with the practice squad since last year and probably knows the blocking scheme. He was a two year starter at long snapper in high school??? Yep, that is my center. :) 

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if we sign him back. However, we could give Adam Redmond a shot too, he has been with the practice squad since last year and probably knows the blocking scheme. He was a two year starter at long snapper in high school??? Yep, that is my center. :) 

Local kid Deyshawn Bond is going to get his shot it appears.

14 hours ago, Superman said:

And he's still on PUP... Can we get Austin Blythe back?? 

Who has been playing center with Kelly out?

Austin, I belive, was claimed off of waivers by the Rams.

DeyShawn Bond, UDFA, has been playing center.  I heard Turbin say that the Dlinemen having been bringing up Bond, saying that Bond has been doing a good job.  Turbin specifically mentioned Bond and the rookie TE out of Washington as playing physical.

Blythe is in LA. It will be interesting to see if we bring someone in. That's a lot of work for Bond if he's the only guy who snaps the ball. If we bring in help I wouldn't expect to see a pure pivot 

As someone mentioned I too thought Redmond got some experience last season. This is the kind of opportunity that could help someone sneak on the roster. Are you listening Muir? 

On 8/12/2017 at 4:54 PM, crazycolt1 said:

IMO we do not need to even think of signing Mangold. Too old for one and if he had something left in the tank he would have already been signed by another team.

I sure he's lost a lot. I'm just thinking if he'll play for the right money, he might have 3 or 4 games a year left. In the meantime we don't hose away 3 games to save a mid-level lineman salary. Just sayin'

On August 10, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Malakai432 said:

True.

Media: "What's wrong with Ryan Kelly, and what's his recovery time."

Pagano: "Ankle, yeah he's got an ankle."

:)

Thanks for that M-432. I needed a good laugh today. 

On August 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM, chad72 said:

They need a visit from Bruce Willis in The Unbreakable, enough of Elijah visits. :thmdown:

I wish we could hire Bruce & figure out a way to not have our players fall like shattered glass Chad. 

Yes, I know the difference between a movie & training camp reality of course, but I can't understand why our athletic trainers can't keep guys healthy. INDY always struggles with roster injuries yr after yr. 

I'm not blaming anybody. Just tired of the same old story I guess. Sigh...