Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I want to see the Texans upset the Patriots

DalTXColtsFan

Since I can't see the Colts win, the next-best thing would be to see the Patriots not only lose, but lose to a quarterbackless AFC South team.  Nobody's talking about the fact that the Texans defense was so good all year that it not only gave up THE LEAST YARDS IN THE ENTIRE NFL, they did it without their best player and did it while dealing with an inept offense that had them on the field A LOT.  All people are talking about is how they won the inept AFC South by default.

There's no greater punch in the gut than being the #1 seed and going one-and-done in the playoffs.

It's going to be nearly impossible.  It's going to be cold up there in Foxboro, and bad quarterbacks vs. Bill Belichik is typically a one-sided matchup.

But I've seen crazier things happen!

It's also not usually in the nature of a Belichick team to overlook their opponents. That's the only way I see the Texans having a chance. 

Plus the vaunted Texans D is playing Tom Brady this weekend, not Connor "first-NFL-start-ever"  Cook. Remember the score the last time they played? Against some-guy-not-named-Tom-Brady? 

On second thought... 16 point favorites you say? I'm not a bettin' man but boy oh boy would that be a fun cash in!

I would love to see the Texans pull this upset off because they aren't winning the SB anyway with Brock so they aren't that type of a threat but everything could fall their way for a day possibly. I just hate the Pats, will it happen? Very doubtful and I honestly think the Pats will cover the 16. If the Texans do win it would be the biggest Divisional Round upset of all-time IMO.

2 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Since I can't see the Colts win, the next-best thing would be to see the Patriots not only lose, but lose to a quarterbackless AFC South team.  Nobody's talking about the fact that the Texans defense was so good all year that it not only gave up THE LEAST YARDS IN THE ENTIRE NFL, they did it without their best player and did it while dealing with an inept offense that had them on the field A LOT.  All people are talking about is how they won the inept AFC South by default.

There's no greater punch in the gut than being the #1 seed and going one-and-done in the playoffs.

It's going to be nearly impossible.  It's going to be cold up there in Foxboro, and bad quarterbacks vs. Bill Belichik is typically a one-sided matchup.

Not going to happen it would be pretty funny but wont happen.

We will hear all week long about the Houston defense which is good but.....every time there is a standout player or section of a NE opponent NE comes out and puts their player/section on call and usually is the difference in the game. Let's wait and see how Belichick handles Clowney after Clowney's performance this past weekend. With the NE defense not being equal to some others I would like to see Pittsburgh go there and squash them like a bug.  I am not sure KC can get the job done vs. NE. I hope the officials carry air pressure gauges just to make sure.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Why do you think the chiefs deserve it more than any other team?

They have been a decent team for a long time and have built a good defense. Usually we stop them in the playoffs though. And I hate them just a little bit less than every other team lol.

I'm actually rooting for the Texans this weekend.   If they win it proves that maybe the AFC South is not as bad as people say.  And hell I live in Houston so there's that!  All they got to do is not use the stupid game plan they had in the first matchup.  They need to do what they do best.  Run the football and play good defense.  Work off the play action passing.

I'd rather see the Texans win.  Texans don't have a shot at winning the SB.  Patriots have a legit shot.  

If Texans win, neither team is winning the SB.  If Pats win . . . they might still win the SB.  

Don't really want more people fawning over all of Brady's rings.

Hoping for a 2010 Jets sort of situation here. Jets did get pummeled bad in NE in 2010 but came back and made adjustments for the playoffs. Remember that was a good Jets defense (sound familiar?) and everyone picked on Mark Sanchez (sound familiar? Everyone picks on Brock.)

It's highly unlikely the Texans can do it, but my hope is they can at least COMPETE in this game and show some anger and make it interesting for us to watch. Texans need to have some pride here, someday and some year I hope so bad an AFC South team can do something vs. the Pats again. I don't even care which of the AFC South teams it is but the Pats pummel us all like dog meat lately. 

Show up Houston!!!!!!!

On 1/9/2017 at 3:47 PM, KB said:

They have been a decent team for a long time and have built a good defense. Usually we stop them in the playoffs though. And I hate them just a little bit less than every other team lol.

I am hoping for the Chiefs too and I would love to see Andy Reid become a champion.

On 1/9/2017 at 8:00 AM, DalTXColtsFan said:

As awesome as that would be, I hope it doesn't happen.  Texans fans are already obnoxious.  I just wished we had that kind of Defense to go with Luck, man that would be brutal.

Add me to the list who would love to see the Pats eliminated.

I'm intrigued by the matchup of the Texans defense vs. the Pats offense, but then there's the minor detail of Houston''s offense.

Just don't see much

chance of the upset this weekend.