Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

3 Players moved to IR

TKnight24

3 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

any news on Mewhorts injury?

Haven't heard any, but I read a tweet by Dr. David Chao yesterday where his guess looking at the video was that it looked like at least an MCL injury, and perhaps (maybe maybe not) more damage than that. The big question is if it's an ACL too. 

24 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

any news on Mewhorts injury?

23 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

it must be bad.

22 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Mewhort is a huge loss, as he's our best O-lineman. I just hope it's not an ACL, or anything that will effect him next year.

I don't have any nor see any info on the exact injury to Jack, but I'll post it here when I do find it. :)

Are we cursed or is it something else? We are consistently at close to the bottom of the league in terms of games missed by starters, and that probably brings us closest to the bottom in terms of averaging all the teams over that period of time. The data doesnt include this year but nothing has changed. Excuse the font - AGL = "Adjusted Games Lost"

Some teams just have lingering injury issues for whatever reason. For example, the Giants have ranked 22nd or worse in AGL in six straight seasons now. Indianapolis was finally able to end its ugly streak with an average season in 2015. The Colts ranked 24th or worse in AGL in every season from 2006 to 2014. Of course, a lacerated kidney for Andrew Luck was the worst kind of injury that could happen to a quarterback-dependent team like the Colts. Some observers believe Luck was actually injured as far back as September.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/2015-adjusted-games-lost

40 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Are we cursed or is it something else? We are consistently at close to the bottom of the league in terms of games missed by starters, and that probably brings us closest to the bottom in terms of averaging all the teams over that period of time. The data doesnt include this year but nothing has changed. Excuse the font - AGL = "Adjusted Games Lost"

When was that field installed in the stadium?  I bet there is a correlation.  Get rid of that cement field!

On the tiny percentage of Grigson's players who do actually show a pulse - Anderson, Mewhort, Geathers - injuries derail their careers.  

If you are looking at long term situations here, outside of a QB and a player or two, what does this team have moving forward?

1 minute ago, #12. said:

On the tiny percentage of Grigson's players who do actually show a pulse - Anderson, Mewhort, Geathers - injuries derail their careers.  

If you are looking at long term situations here, outside of a QB and a player or two, what does this team have moving forward?

Probably the same as any other team that does not make the playoffs.  Prospects and hope.  At least we have the QB.

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Probably the same as any other team that does not make the playoffs.  

I would be hard pressed to name many rosters, outside the QB, I would take this roster over, so yes, it's pretty much just the QB... the QB who has been beaten to death through five years. 

The only positive I can see is that, thank God, non of Luck's injures to date appear to be chronic, long term or career threatening.

49 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Probably the same as any other team that does not make the playoffs.  Prospects and hope.  At least we have the QB.

35 minutes ago, #12. said:

I would be hard pressed to name many rosters, outside the QB, I would take this roster over, so yes, it's pretty much just the QB... the QB who has been beaten to death through five years. 

The only positive I can see is that, thank God, non of Luck's injures to date appear to be chronic, long term or career threatening.

15 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Many teams that will miss the playoffs have WAY better players then us players we would be lucky to have 

I'd take the Cardinals Defense

Eagles front 4

Saints WR's

Luke Kuechly

That's about it as far as teams missing the playoffs go

Oh and Aaron Donald

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

When was that field installed in the stadium?  I bet there is a correlation.  Get rid of that cement field!

We were a high games lost team before the new stadium. I thought maybe just not strong since Grigson said the weight room was outdated and only had one squat rack but it's been four years. Also we do have a ton of old guys every year but it's not always them

19 hours ago, bababooey said:

The thing is, even though we "broke the streak" in 2015, we were missing our best player throughout most the year, so we might as well have just been added to the list as an honorable mention or something to keep the streak alive.  

39 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

The thing is, even though we "broke the streak" in 2015, we were missing our best player throughout most the year, so we might as well have just been added to the list as an honorable mention or something to keep the streak alive.  

Yea, I think the point is HOW are we ALWAYS so injured? HOW?

22 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yea, I think the point is HOW are we ALWAYS so injured? HOW?

Honestly, it's baffling.  I have a hard time pointing fingers at the conditioning program because honestly, how many teams are roughly the same thing?  To me, it's just bad luck.  I could be wrong there, but I can't say.

Not much you can do about injuries and it's maybe the one thing I don't blame Grigs and Pags for (unless he brings in a vet for a lot of $$$ with a long injury history, then that's dumb).  Injuries are gonna happen, some years more than others, but if you look around the league I'm pretty sure every team out there is dealing with'em, even the ones with good front offices and coaches.