Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent Cole to Return to Colts

1959Colts

5 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I know I'll probably take heat for this but I'd be happy to get him back. 

He's a solid player against the run and setting the edge,  which is something we could use on the weak side.  We all wish he could be the pass rusher he used to be but let's not pretend has no value to this team.  

I'm actually glad he's back too.  He brings more value to the stable than some of the guys we have behind Ayers and Walden.  Particularly over Maggitt who it seems they've slowly phased out more and more.

8 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

Super Bowl favorites now!

Seriously though, we don't know if he's coming back or not. Colts have 3 weeks to evaluate him and they can put him back on IR if he's not ready or has a set back. 

If he has no set back you know darn well he'll be here.   Let's not kid ourselves!  This guy is 34 years old.  The mere fact that we are going this route says the situation is desperate.  He'll be here.

18 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

So who do they put on the inactive list? 

It better not be Kerricane again. 

Not sure but I do know you can easily release a guy like Darryl Morris or Chris Milton to add Cole to the roster.  Jets offense isn't very good so I'm going to assume Kerr plays in this one and they'll probably leave Mcgill inactive unless they figure a way to keep both of them active.

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I was hoping for Langford to make it back.

Yeah I thought they had their eye on Cole, but then I felt the focus would shift to Langford after they IRd him.  Unfortunately it looks like Kendall is done and that sucks.

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah I thought they had their eye on Cole, but then I felt the focus would shift to Langford after they IRd him.  Unfortunately it looks like Kendall is done and that sucks.

I have to wonder about Langfords future with this team.  He is older and there is a lot of young depth along the dline.  

19 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I have to wonder about Langfords future with this team.  He is older and there is a lot of young depth along the dline.  

Think he'll come back next year.  We will probably release Art Jones though.

We kept Corey Redding around for a while.

3 hours ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

I know I'll probably take heat for this but I'd be happy to get him back. 

He's a solid player against the run and setting the edge,  which is something we could use on the weak side.  We all wish he could be the pass rusher he used to be but let's not pretend has no value to this team.  

He is finished he should have retired at the end of last season cause he was done then.

32 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

As a pass rusher, yeah he's most likely finished.  But he's consistently been effective at setting the edge.  I'll take it; we have problems losing the edge on the weak side all year.  

Ya but I don't think he fixes that problem we need to severely overhaul this defense in the offseason.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Not sure but I do know you can easily release a guy like Darryl Morris or Chris Milton to add Cole to the roster.  Jets offense isn't very good so I'm going to assume Kerr plays in this one and they'll probably leave Mcgill inactive unless they figure a way to keep both of them active.

McGill is too good to be inactive. I like the idea of the other two players being inactive though, good call. 

I always felt Cole would be the one they would bring back. They really need him for all the reasons mentioned above.  Especially since we are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. I actually think he closed out last year with a few sacks at the end which I was glad to finally see.  Next year I think Mathis is definitely gone and quite likely Cole too. I thought Jones would be gone too but now I am not so sure.  If he finishes strong and stays healthy the rest of the way they might bring him back.  Maybe he can help recruit Chandler if he makes it to FA. 

He had some QB hurries and a couple hits. Just not the sacks. if Mathis is out (far to early to know. He said it will be a game time decision) it will be interesting to see what Cole can give. Hoping he creates some chaos but I think its unrealistic.

Going to have to rely on Walden heavily again to get whatever pressure he can

Cole returning? Eh, he's nothing more than a solid run stopper at this stage of his career. Unfortunately the GM has decided to pilfer the nursing homes for solutions to rushing the passer. All kidding aside this teams issue with rushing the passer is critical and the only way this team gets better is if somehow Grigson can draft a guy who can put up 10-12 sacks a year. I have no confidence, given his history, that he will be able to do that.

On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 8:54 AM, 1959Colts said:

That moment when you almost throw your phone cause seeing the name "Trent" triggered you due to belief this thread read "Trent Richardson to return to Colts" 

Scary moments indeed 

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Erik Walden a guy who was brought in to "Set The Edge" and Trent Cole was a guy brought into rush the passer? I don't really see Trent Cole making any contributions to this team down the stretch unless he was able to find a time machine while he was injured and bring his 2010 self back into the present.

On 12/1/2016 at 4:56 PM, Coltfreak said:

Maybe he was the only one that was actually healthy...  They released Morris so no loss to the roster.

Had to do it... no sense keeping Morris 

Morris is back on the Practice Squad.     So, the Colts still retain his rights....