Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay gives Pagano and Grigson a vote of confidence

MTC

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

People like to say why fire them now? Well hell if we do that then we are guaranteed to start new next year plus it would almost guarantee a top 3 pick. That's something our new GM could really use. Me personally I'd aim for #1 overall so I could ransom that SOB to some stupid team willing to trade their future 

We got the #1 pick when we kept Caldwell the entire season. I'm sure Pagano's ineptitude could get us a top 5 pick.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Nadine said:
3 hours ago, Nadine said:

He's working the plan he put into place.  We've already blown this team up once.  I think we suck it up and fix what needs to be fixed.....and that doesn't mean firing everyone in the middle of the season.

He's working the plan he put into place.  We've already blown this team up once.  I think we suck it up and fix what needs to be fixed.....and that doesn't mean firing everyone in the middle of the season.

i would like to see some improvement instead of looking worse, after 5 years when do we say this plan is not working?

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pagano has said that same thing for four years and nothing has changed. The root of the problem is that from top to bottom the Colts are not progressing as a team. Yeah they went a step further in the playoffs each year, but their record and flaws stayed the same. Not everything is a wait and see it through process. Luck will get older, contracts will expire, players will decline in skill, divisional opponents get tougher, players retire,etc...

i concur

There is no way Irsay can be "Ok" with back to back divisional losses in London and SNF with everyone seeing us blowing the games in the final minutes........

If he is then I give up. lmao 

If he is OK with it I am shocked because keep in mind Irsay was unhappy when we didn't show up well in preseason years back......he voiced concerns on twitter.

19 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure he can but like said fire him andown we are almost guaranteed #1 cause I'm sure the Browns will win a couple games 

Colts only have 2 opponents with losing records on their schedule (currently remaining) and they already lost to one of those teams and most likely won't beat the Jets @ NY because they never do.  The schedule only gets WAY more brutal from here on out.  I don't really see them winning many more games at all, barring a vast improvement.  

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

When was the team blown up. Year manning was out?

14 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Colts only have 2 opponents with losing records on their schedule (currently remaining) and they already lost to one of those teams and most likely won't beat the Jets @ NY because they never do.  The schedule only gets WAY more brutal from here on out.  I don't really see them winning many more games at all, barring a vast improvement.  

Hopefully your right lol I don't care if people wanna say I'm not a fan cause I wanna better pick I'm a huge fan and I want to see us fighting for a SB not fighting to be 500

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

YES!!!!!  The "dreaded vote of confidence".... I hope they know what that truly means. Fix things now or enjoy your 3 year severance packages at the end of the season. 

The only thing scarer than that in the English language are the words "IRS Audit" or when you woman says "We need to talk." Uh oh...

I feel a shoe dropping or maybe an anvil or naval ship anchor. Thud. 

I know other franchises that struggle with winning [Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, & the Jets right now] probably wanna kick us in the you know what [front or back] your choice & tell us to knock off our pity party after our decade plus of dominance in the AFC South. And they'd be right. 

Good teams can't stay on top forever & I'm sure Texans fans feel like they get zero credit for getting a W on SNF. Sorry about that. We're licking our wounds right now & getting out of this funk we are in provided we put people in the GM spot & HC spot that make fans go yeah, solid hire on both fronts. 

We'll return to reality & proper dues for victories won once we know what the hades is going on with our franchise's prospects & future fate. 

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

What's is the plan?........inferior talent and incompetent coaching.....???

Yeah, why would anyone want to blow that up lol.

It's the 8 year plan.  Just 3 more drafts(8 drafts total and 60-70 free agents) that's all Grigson is gonna need to build an average defense and O-line. 

Give him 3 more offseasons - 8 total - and I bet he still can't do it. 

Is it Grigson and a lack of talent, or Pagano and the coaching? 

Fire Pagano. If the team plays the same under an interim coach, fire Grigson. But maybe we find out there is talent here and the coaching was holding them back and not utilizing them properly. Then we're only looking for a coach at season's end. 

I do wonder what Irsay is telling both Pags & Grigs behind closed doors right now. Is he giving them a benchmark to reach to keep their jobs or will he go against the grain 1 more time just because NFL experts think he'd be foolish to retain both men 1 more yr. 

Jimmy moves to the strum of his own rock n roll guitar riff man. Nobody knows...The good news is that we all remember Caldwell's last yr in INDY & when Jimmy makes a move he doesn't screw around. He just drops the hammer decisively. 

5 minutes ago, coltsva said:

It's both.

I'm more frustrated with Chuck right now though. Grigson can't undo all of his bad roster decisions at this point. Chuck and his staff can stop making bad coaching decisions during the games though.

18 minutes ago, coltsva said:

Fire Pagano. If the team plays the same under an interim coach, fire Grigson. But maybe we find out there is talent here and the coaching was holding them back and not utilizing them properly. Then we're only looking for a coach at season's end. 

could be a plan

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Pagano has said that same thing for four years and nothing has changed. The root of the problem is that from top to bottom the Colts are not progressing as a team. Yeah they went a step further in the playoffs each year, but their record and flaws stayed the same. Not everything is a wait and see it through process. Luck will get older, contracts will expire, players will decline in skill, divisional opponents get tougher, players retire,etc...

Headline!

Peyton Manning wins Super Bowl in his 9th year!

Subheadline:

Andrew Luck in his 5th season.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I know other franchises that struggle with winning [Cleveland, Chicago, Miami, & the Jets right now] probably wanna kick us in the you know what [front or back] your choice & tell us to knock off our pity party after our decade plus of dominance in the AFC South. And they'd be right. 

Good teams can't stay on top forever & I'm sure Texans fans feel like they get zero credit for getting a W on SNF. Sorry about that. We're licking our wounds right now & getting out of this funk we are in provided we put people in the GM spot & HC spot that make fans go yeah, solid hire on both fronts. 

We'll return to reality & proper dues for victories won once we know what the hades is going on with our franchise's prospects & future fate. 

Just to branch off some of your post..

JMO of course. Irsay also I'm sure likes being a top dog in the nfl hierarchy so us being good is much more important to him then us. He's obviously richer then we'll ever be, but I'd have to guess he's got a huge ego and doesn't want to just be one of those teams listed above.

He's also seen the 'dark years' (Indy franchise early years) and probably has no desire to go back to that. Peyton and those teams were the face of the league for a long while. I think he wants to stay there.

As for the topic (vote of confidence).

I think logically the 3 got together and admitted mistakes and Jim figured I've gone this far, let's see if the yellow brick road is right around the corner like we thought it was (the extension is now given).

He'll now say whatever he needs to say publicly so as not to cause any controversy, but will now let them sink or swim without any 'yeah but's', he won't fire them during the season.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if he actually did give them next year even if this one goes horribly. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could see it. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were gone next year, so who knows?

Rant over, way to long I apologize.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Headline!

Peyton Manning wins Super Bowl in his 9th year!

Subheadline:

Andrew Luck in his 5th season.

Yes but Manning's situation was a lot different than Luck's he didn't take nearly as many hits as Luck has. Hence why people are concerned that his career with the Colts will be shorter than Manning's.

6 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Yes but Manning's situation was a lot different than Luck's he didn't take nearly as many hits as Luck has. Hence why people are concerned that his career with the Colts will be shorter than Manning's.

Luck is a big guy he's strong but if we don't do something about stopping the hits soon then you may be right. That's scary to think about. If we can slow that down soon I think he will be fine and have a great long Career.

49 minutes ago, IinD said:

Just to branch off some of your post..

JMO of course. Irsay also I'm sure likes being a top dog in the nfl hierarchy so us being good is much more important to him then us. He's obviously richer then we'll ever be, but I'd have to guess he's got a huge ego and doesn't want to just be one of those teams listed above.

He's also seen the 'dark years' (Indy franchise early years) and probably has no desire to go back to that. Peyton and those teams were the face of the league for a long while. I think he wants to stay there.

As for the topic (vote of confidence).

I think logically the 3 got together and admitted mistakes and Jim figured I've gone this far, let's see if the yellow brick road is right around the corner like we thought it was (the extension is now given).

He'll now say whatever he needs to say publicly so as not to cause any controversy, but will now let them sink or swim without any 'yeah but's', he won't fire them during the season.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if he actually did give them next year even if this one goes horribly. I wouldn't agree with it, but I could see it. I also wouldn't be shocked if they were gone next year, so who knows?

Rant over, way to long I apologize.

It's definitely true that Jimmy will do whatever he wants on his own timetable. That's well within his right as the Colts owner & yes, you're right, he's worth more than many of us will ever see in our lifetime. All true. 

I do like that Jimmy listens to his fanbase though. He actually does & I respect that. He may not make a change this yr or next yr, but he does take our concerns under advisement & that's all we can ask for. 

There is something to the argument of not wanting to give up on an experiment or partnership too quickly both from an ego perspective & let's give this renewed partnership a little while longer to play out. I get that from a let's not uproot family members in school family vantage point among the staff right now. A worthy consideration.

However, coaches are paid to produce regular season wins & enter the playoffs not be a great community leader alone. I just can't get losing leads out of my head & normally being out coached though since 2012. How long of a learning curve does Pagano get? It's time to finish the yr & look for a new GM & HC. I don't need any more seasons of dumb penalties, little half time adjustments, & not even being competitive with NE & Pittsburgh because we will never win another SB without beating those AFC powerhouses first.  

1 hour ago, #12. said:

It's the 8 year plan.  Just 3 more drafts(8 drafts total and 60-70 free agents) that's all Grigson is gonna need to build an average defense and O-line. 

Give him 3 more offseasons - 8 total - and I bet he still can't do it. 

With Luck's big contract handcuffing him griggs will need atleast 10 years haha

I'm on the fire them both express, but 2 huge questions for me are..

1) why did he give them such long contracts if he was only marginally sold on them? Kind of says to me he trusts them long term. Which is a scary scenario for us fans that have to watch this mess.

2) I've heard Grigs talk about how things will take time to get fixed correctly and how they have to restock the shelves. Makes me think Jim has given them some assurances or something along those lines to get it fixed in the next few years, not necessarily this season. I wonder if it might have been Jim who was telling Grigs to go be a player in FA and see if we can win a SB quick and when that failed he kind of had to give them a do over of sorts because it was him pulling to many strings. Now he's letting them try without his input.

All assumptions on my part, but the long extensions have me baffled.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder if Irsay, Grigson, and Pagano read stuff on this Site? I mean this may be the only Football team Site that stays busy 24/7. Some people are always on here Posting at all hours.

They may not themselves but I'm sure they have people at least do it for them and relay some of the things being said or discussed. We also know that some players come on here from time to time and know what's said. They all are very aware of what's said regardless of if they personally check the boards or have people that do it for them

7 hours ago, FACE REALITY said:

i would like to see some improvement instead of looking worse, after 5 years when do we say this plan is not working?

I think they decided in the off season that it wasn't working.  The decision was made at that time to do whatever they did to change things.  Agree this season is bad.  I don't know how many more seasons before you blow it up but certainly not the middle of the season