Irsay gives Pagano and Grigson a vote of confidence

MTC

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:
11 hours ago, Nadine said:

He's working the plan he put into place.  We've already blown this team up once.  I think we suck it up and fix what needs to be fixed.....and that doesn't mean firing everyone in the middle of the year.

1 minute ago, JColts72 said:
11 hours ago, Nadine said:

He's working the plan he put into place.  We've already blown this team up once.  I think we suck it up and fix what needs to be fixed.....and that doesn't mean firing everyone in the middle of the year.

Why not? Other owners fire coaches anytime in a season. Jimmy does not want to eat money crow.

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I am unsure how to read into this. I mean there is the expression to kill them with flattery.

But, then again what if Irsay is also afraid to admit he messed up keeping these guys and will stick with it?

A man's ego/pride will always be his downfall 

I knew this was going south the moment he extended both of them. His explanation was he sat both of them down and talked it out. What are we in kindergarten? 

These are 2 grown men. At this stage, no one is making any negotiations. Chuck has his way, Grigson has his

Mind you I still have us going 10-6 with a SB win, but that's from a little luck ;) not these bone heads 

8 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Sure he can but like said fire him andown we are almost guaranteed #1 cause I'm sure the Browns will win a couple games 

Time out.

Think about what you're saying. Pagano needs fired, yes. We all know the issues with coaching that's holding this time back. So we fire Pagano, who is the problem, put Chud/Philbin in charge for rest of the year,  bam the problem of coaching is gone, and we start winning games. 

So if you want the number 1 pick and believe Pagano is the problem, the you gotta keep him till seasons end 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Headline!

Peyton Manning wins Super Bowl in his 9th year!

Subheadline:

Andrew Luck in his 5th season.

6 hours ago, CF4L said:

Yes but Manning's situation was a lot different than Luck's he didn't take nearly as many hits as Luck has. Hence why people are concerned that his career with the Colts will be shorter than Manning's.

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Luck is a big guy he's strong but if we don't do something about stopping the hits soon then you may be right. That's scary to think about. If we can slow that down soon I think he will be fine and have a great long Career.

I just want my QB to not have to lay down in his twin size bed (he still has a flip phone, I'd imagine he didn't spend money on a king size lol) and not worry about if he'll be taking his last few snaps in his NFL career from all the hits he's taking.

He already lacerated his kidneys, it's only a handful of injuries worst than that 

5 hours ago, Nadine said:

I think they decided in the off season that it wasn't working.  The decision was made at that time to do whatever they did to change things.  Agree this season is bad.  I don't know how many more seasons before you blow it up but certainly not the middle of the season

maybe they will learn from their mistakes and correct the things they are doing wrong, I hope they keep the mistakes to a minimum in the future

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Time out.

Think about what you're saying. Pagano needs fired, yes. We all know the issues with coaching that's holding this time back. So we fire Pagano, who is the problem, put Chud/Philbin in charge for rest of the year,  bam the problem of coaching is gone, and we start winning games. 

So if you want the number 1 pick and believe Pagano is the problem, the you gotta keep him till seasons end 

You might be right lol I guess what I mean is do whatever the hell it takes to get the 1st overall pick so we can trade it offor to some dumb team 

4 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I just want my QB to not have to lay down in his twin size bed (he still has a flip phone, I'd imagine he didn't spend money on a king size lol) and not worry about if he'll be taking his last few snaps in his NFL career from all the hits he's taking.

He already lacerated his kidneys, it's only a handful of injuries worst than that 

Exactly that's why Grigson needs to go the dumb *** is gonna ruin our franchise QB.

9 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

lol 

Irsay is a joke, just like this team.

Well Irsay is not going anywhere. Grigson and Pagano are here till at least the end of the season and more than likely past that.

Maybe it's time for you to follow another team since you have so much hate for Irsay, the front office and coaches?

If I had that much animosity built up where all I could do is say the whole team is a joke then the joke is on you for following them.

23 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

The alternative of "working the plan " is potentially worse though. If he keeps Pagano and Grigson to the end of their contracts and it doesn't work, Luck will be near 30. If you blow it up then now you spend another 2-3 years re-building and Luck is around 33. You see where I'm going with this?

I'd take my chances blowing it up.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Precisely my point. It's riskier to wait. The team hasn't progressed and neither the coach or GM have shown upside that makes waiting seem like a viable plan.

Why is it riskier to wait? With out a plan or people in mind it makes no sense not to wait.

Most people who might be in mind are under contract and would have to wait till the end of the year anyway.

It easy to sit back and say fire him or them but without something concrete in place it does nothing but hurt the Colts more.

Irsay is not going to fire anyone just to make you or anyone else happy.

12 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Why not? Other owners fire coaches anytime in a season. Jimmy does not want to eat money crow.

Nonsense. If Jimmy wanted to fire Grigson and or Pagano money wouldn't enter the picture. Jimmy has enough to buy the contacts out no problem and would do it IF he thought it benefitted the team.

There is what all the people who want Grigs and or Pagano fired fail to see. What next?

I doubt if any of the ones who want them fired have any legitimate answers, just opinions.

"When I made the decision in January, it was a decision that was well thought out and a long-term decision. Both of the guys have accomplished a lot in their careers. "We could be 6-0 if the ball bounces a little differently." -Jim Irsay

The only thing I don't like is the bold, makes it seem like he thinks we have a good team or something lol.

5 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

"When I made the decision in January, it was a decision that was well thought out and a long-term decision. Both of the guys have accomplished a lot in their careers. "We could be 6-0 if the ball bounces a little differently." -Jim Irsay

The only thing I don't like is the bold, makes it seem like he thinks we have a good team or something lol.

Just because that is your opinion does not make it true does it?

Putting your own twist on things does no one any good.

2 minutes ago, 12to13 said:

I wouldn't say 6-0 but Irsay does have a point regarding our record. We should definitely be 4-2, we had an epic collapse in Houston and our Defense couldn't get a stop in the last 30 seconds of the Lions game. We are literally blowing games in the last few minutes. Not saying we have a Good team but he has a point our record could be much better had we just had a Defensive stop in the last moments in a couple of these games.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nonsense. If Jimmy wanted to fire Grigson and or Pagano money wouldn't enter the picture. Jimmy has enough to buy the contacts out no problem and would do it IF he thought it benefitted the team.

There is what all the people who want Grigs and or Pagano fired fail to see. What next?

I doubt if any of the ones who want them fired have any legitimate answers, just opinions.

Do you ever read?? People who want them fired have been naming HC possibilities numerous times even name OC and DC. And some have even named GM possibilities. So you are either blind or you just don't care to read.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Do you ever read?? People who want them fired have been naming HC possibilities numerous times even name OC and DC. And some have even named GM possibilities. So you are either blind or you just don't care to read.

It's not a point of reading. A hundred names can be thrown out but that does not mean they are available. That does not mean they are not under contract somewhere and cant be contacted without permission.

That also does not mean that they all want the job.

You do not snap your fingers and just make things like this happen.

As said earlier Jimmy's plan is put in place and it's not going to change because you are anyone else want changes.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't say 6-0 but Irsay does have a point regarding our record. We should definitely be 4-2, we had an epic collapse in Houston and our Defense couldn't get a stop in the last 30 seconds of the Lions game. We are literally blowing games in the last few minutes. Not saying we have a Good team but he has a point our record could be much better had we just had a Defensive stop in the last moments in a couple of these games.

We don't have a good enough defense, to make those "defensive stops" late in games though. That's my point. Every team could be 6-0 if the ball bounced different.. 

12 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

A man's ego/pride will always be his downfall 

I knew this was going south the moment he extended both of them. His explanation was he sat both of them down and talked it out. What are we in kindergarten? 

These are 2 grown men. At this stage, no one is making any negotiations. Chuck has his way, Grigson has his

Mind you I still have us going 10-6 with a SB win, but that's from a little luck ;) not these bone heads 

I think if they actually worked together things would be much worse.....

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not a point of reading. A hundred names can be thrown out but that does not mean they are available. That does not mean they are not under contract somewhere and cant be contacted without permission.

That also does not mean that they all want the job.

You do not snap your fingers and just make things like this happen.

As said earlier Jimmy's plan is put in place and it's not going to change because you are anyone else want changes.

Damn near all coordinators are avaliable for a HC job they just can't move laterally. Also 90% would love a huge pay upgrade from an OC or DC to a HC. Your acting like no one would want the Colts job just to try to make you look like you are right when you are not. Coaches would love to get their first coaching gig with a QB like Luck and a lot of former coaches would more then likely come back to coaching for a chance with him too. It will be a job highly sought after if it opens up.

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Damn near all coordinators are avaliable for a HC job they just can't move laterally. Also 90% would love a huge pay upgrade from an OC or DC to a HC. Your acting like no one would want the Colts job just to try to make you look like you are right when you are not. Coaches would love to get their first coaching gig with a QB like Luck and a lot of former coaches would more then likely come back to coaching for a chance with him too. It will be a job highly sought after if it opens up.

I didn't act like anything. Do you always put your own meaning to things to twist them to make your point?

Any coordinator under contract has to have permission from the team before anything can be decided.

You would be hard pressed to find any team that would give that permission in the middle of the season.

Sorry, I use common sense when thinking of what can be done at this time of the season.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I didn't act like anything. Do you always put your own meaning to thing to twist them to make your point?

Any coordinator under contract has to have permission from the team before anything can be decided.

You would be hard pressed to find any team that would give that permission in the middle of the season.

Sorry, I use common sense when thinking of what can be done at this time of the season.

Who said hire them in the middle of the season?? You get an interim coach and then get your guy at seasons end it's been this way for how many years? And the only person putting a twist on it is you cause your trying g to prove that your right about not firing them.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who said hire them in the middle of the season?? You get an interim coach and then get your guy at seasons end it's been this way for how many years? And the only person putting a twist on it is you cause your trying g to prove that your right about not firing them.

I am not trying to prove anything. This is not a competition.

Besides, Jimmy is not firing anyone at this point. He just made that comment in other words.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I am not trying to prove anything. This is not a competition.

Besides, Jimmy is not firing anyone at this point. He just made that comment in other words.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

The point is people will want this job. if you don't like discussing the possible firing of your buds then why join in these topics every single time? 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The point is people will want this job. if you don't like discussing the possible firing of your buds then why join in these topics every single time? 

Jimmy is not firing anyone at this point in the season. End of story.

If you don't want your comment being responded to then don't make them.

What happens at the end of the season I have no clue. With that being said nothing IS going to happen till then.

You are trying to argue a mute point.

54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why is it riskier to wait? With out a plan or people in mind it makes no sense not to wait.

Most people who might be in mind are under contract and would have to wait till the end of the year anyway.

It easy to sit back and say fire him or them but without something concrete in place it does nothing but hurt the Colts more.

Irsay is not going to fire anyone just to make you or anyone else happy.

That's not even remotely close to what I was trying to say. How many owners do you really think have a plan in mind when they fire coaches? You don't not fire somebody because you don't know who would replace them. That's incredibly narrow minded. You don't fire someone when you have an exact person In mind who can replace them. You fire people when what they are doing is not working and ineffective, and figure out the rest later.

And I wasn't saying fire them now. I'm saying don't do what Nadine suggested and let them play out their 4 year contracts. Fire them at seasons end. I also never suggested they should be fired to make me or fans happy. They should be fired because they're not good at their respective jobs. And that's not my opinion, that's an accurate assessment based on W/L records from last season and now, success of draft picks for Grigson, and overall team performance on the field.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Jimmy is not firing anyone at this point in the season. End of story.

If you don't want your comment being responded to then don't make them.

What happens at the end of the season I have no clue. With that being said nothing IS going to happen till then.

You are trying to argue a mute point.

And you are sure of this how? You work for the Colts now? You close friends with Irsay? 

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's not even remotely close to what I was trying to say. How many owners do you really think have a plan in mind when they fire coaches? You don't not fire somebody because you don't know who would replace them. That's incredibly narrow minded. You don't fire someone when you have an exact person In mind who can replace them. You fire people when what they are doing is not working and ineffective, and figure out the rest later.

And I wasn't saying fire them now. I'm saying don't do what Nadine suggested and let them play out their 4 year contracts. Fire them at seasons end. I also never suggested they should be fired to make me or fans happy. They should be fired because they're not good at their respective jobs. And that's not my opinion, that's an accurate assessment based on W/L records from last season and now, success of draft picks for Grigson, and overall team performance on the field.

Your wasting your time with this Ole boy he won't ever give up he will defend them til his last breath.

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jimmy said it was long term. Nuff said IMO. Till he makes the choice we can all talk till our faces turn blue and it all means zero.

Jimmy is not going to read what is said in this forum and make choices any of us wants.

He is not going to fire anyone to make you, me or anyone else happy because we think we know better.