Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which player did you yell at the most this Sunday on your TV?

Gyworks

I yelled at Morrison a lot for being terribly slow and still missing tackles but then the production of Robinson simply robbed me of my voice. It was when I shouted at Luck to look at the damned play clock in the final drive that my wife rescued our children from the room. I guess that on Sundays even our neighbors start to grasp what the term Cardiac Colts means...

To me, it's coaching.  When a team is targeting a DB, like they did with Robinson, I want to see how the coaches adjust.  Same thing when an Olinemen is consistently getting beat.  

Every team has weak spots.   It's a game of matchups and adjustments.  Sometimes  there are too many weak spots to adjusts.  

I agree with the Robinson statements.  But it wasn't just him.  You can't do much if they make a good play and catch or run well, but if you're there, and just give a half-arm tackle,,,and they run through you, that is the worst.  Please...use your whole body, wrap them up, and don't let them get further. 

:groan:

I didn't yell (much) but if anything that game more than usual made me despise Ryan Grigson and his blaming the contract he gave Luck on one of the very worst Defense's I've ever seen, that he assembled. And the hot butter O line? You'd think someone would have told him football was won in the trenches once or a bizzillion times, because I hear it all of the damn time.

He shouldn't have this job anymore. He's bad at it.

I laugh mostly too.  However, my poor wife has to hear most about Ferguson.  A receiving back who only seems to hold on to 50% that hit him right in the hands.  Can't believe he's on the active roster and is getting reps over Todman...

53 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I didn't yell (much) but if anything that game more than usual made me despise Ryan Grigson and his blaming the contract he gave Luck on one of the very worst Defense's I've ever seen, that he assembled. And the hot butter O line? You'd think someone would have told him football was won in the trenches once or a bizzillion times, because I hear it all of the damn time.

He shouldn't have this job anymore. He's bad at it.

I take it you didn't read or hear Grigson's interview? Taking the media's spin in not always truthful.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TJ Green for running into the kicker when they missed a FG, than their kicker missed again so I was applauding the Bears FO for getting rid of Robbie Gould.

TJ mentally is hurting him. Physically he's there. But the mental errors have to stop. He's a rookie so I cut him slack, but he's gonna keep seeing a lot of PT so he needs to get it together. That 3 safety formation is gonna be used a lot. Gotta get it together 

21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I take it you didn't read or hear Grigson's interview? Taking the media's spin in not always truthful.

Uh, I heard it live on Jay Mohr's show.

Do want me to dig up the transcript? We can do that. This wasn't a media creation.

Grigson is just bad at his job and then made up the dumbest excuse imaginable about why he's had miserable drafts that left this years squad talent depleted. "I just paid Luck, so in some kind of Twlight Zone sort of way that explains why I couldn't get the O line or D even at middle of the road". What? 

It was mainly Robinson that I was yelling at, but when Todman knocked the ball into the end zone instead of just letting it roll to a stop at the 2, I had to double check my medical records to make sure it didn't say anything about having Tourette Syndrome.   

Thank goodness my mother wasn't here to witness such uncontrolled profanity!

2 hours ago, HorseFly said:

I agree with the Robinson statements.  But it wasn't just him.  You can't do much if they make a good play and catch or run well, but if you're there, and just give a half-arm tackle,,,and they run through you, that is the worst.  Please...use your whole body, wrap them up, and don't let them get further. 

:groan:

Speaking of which, why do our guys keep taking wrong angles? Taking the right angle would do a hell of a lot towards aiming your tackle. 

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Uh, I heard it live on Jay Mohr's show.

Do want me to dig up the transcript? We can do that. This wasn't a media creation.

Grigson is just bad at his job and then made up the dumbest excuse imaginable about why he's had miserable drafts that left this years squad talent depleted. "I just paid Luck, so in some kind of Twlight Zone sort of way that explains why I couldn't get the O line or D even at middle of the road". What? 

If that is true then you took it out of context.

Patrick Robinson.  

Also a fair amount at coach Pagano and the OC, for not having Gore in there on short yardage plays and not having more of a quick hitting offensive game plan in place, knowing that the OL cannot protect Luck for more than 2 seconds.

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that is true then you took it out of context.

First off. I wouldn't lie, especially about something like this. Second, no I didn't, I'll get the quote.

“When you have to tighten up, once you pay Andrew what we did, it’s going to take some time to build on the other side of the ball".

Third, what's your point? The media didn't make Grigson blame Luck's current contract on his first four years on the job while he failed to build a roster that's better than the one he inherited. I'm dead nuts on. You? I don't know, your just talking about the media. Neat.

Gotta be at Grigson and Chuckles for letting Good on the field after he showed up at a Slothy 355.
He lacked enough quickness last year at 340. So.... Do your ____ jobs!!
  He is Slow! Too Slow! Bust his ___ Now!
 Oh ya, you are the guys that drafted Morrison. And Think Parry is the GUY! LOL

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

First off. I wouldn't lie, especially about something like this. Second, no I didn't, I'll get the quote.

“When you have to tighten up, once you pay Andrew what we did, it’s going to take some time to build on the other side of the ball".

Third, what's your point? The media didn't make Grigson blame Luck's current contract on his first four years on the job while he failed to build a roster that's better than the one he inherited. I'm dead nuts on. You? I don't know, your just talking about the media. Neat.

So omitting the whole interview and it's whole context is what you do to make your negative outlook on Grigson seem stronger. You left out the part where he admitted making mistakes in the draft and free agency. Nice of you to overlook those parts. There is no part of his interview that was false or misleading.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So omitting the whole interview and it's whole context is what you do to make your negative outlook on Grigson seem stronger. You left out the part where he admitted making mistakes in the draft and free agency. Nice of you to overlook those parts. There is no part of his interview that was false or misleading.

I heard the whole damn thing. Most of it was him tell us this team isn't what our eyes are telling us it is.

Was I supposed to ignore his "mistakes"? Stating that Luck's current contract was an impediment going forward doesn't inspire confidence. This isn't a true or lie situation. It's a Grigson sucks at his job situation and the odds that now that Lucks contract is going to make things that much tighter, why do we think he's the guy to figure this out?

And here's the whole relevant passage so that I don't have to deal with the secret decoder ring arguments. 

“We have missed on picks. That’s for sure, we have, and I have to do better in that respect. But when you compile all four drafts I think we’ve done a good job, I think we really have. The offensive side of the ball is definitely going the right direction. I think a lot of teams throughout the league, objectively, from scouting departments would say we’re pretty strong on the offensive side of the ball. I mean obviously our quarterback [Andrew Luck], the tight end position. We have a young offensive line, we’ve got to get some cohesion up front, but again we used four draft picks this year on the offensive line [and] all four of them are contributing, at times three are starting. So it’s a good start, there’s going to be bumps whenever you deal with rookies.

“The defensive side of the ball, you know we’ve never come out and said it’s Super Bowl or bust this year. We have a defense that is a work in progress, and when you have to tighten up once you pay Andrew what we did, it’s going to take some time to build on the other side of the ball. So we’ve got young players like Clayton Geathers, T.J. Green, Henry Anderson has played some really good football for us as well, David Parry is a starter. We’ve got a lot of players on that side of the ball that are on the come, but nothing’s ever perfect. There are no utopias on an NFL team and we’ve just got to keep every year trying to do better and we’ve won a lot of football games here, our coach has won, I don’t know, 44 games out of 70 I believe, and it’s a pretty darn good winning percentage. So we have a lot of things to be proud of, but at the same time we’re 1-3 and the expectations around Indianapolis are always going to be high because of the great success this franchise has had.”

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I heard the whole damn thing. Most of it was him tell us this team isn't what our eyes are telling us it is.

Was I supposed to ignore his "mistakes"? Stating that Luck's current contract was an impediment going forward doesn't inspire confidence. This isn't a true or lie situation. It's a Grigson sucks at his job situation and the odds that now that Lucks contract is going to make things that much tighter, why do we think he's the guy to figure this out?

And here's the whole relevant passage so that I don't have to deal with the secret decoder ring arguments. 

“We have missed on picks. That’s for sure, we have, and I have to do better in that respect. But when you compile all four drafts I think we’ve done a good job, I think we really have. The offensive side of the ball is definitely going the right direction. I think a lot of teams throughout the league, objectively, from scouting departments would say we’re pretty strong on the offensive side of the ball. I mean obviously our quarterback [Andrew Luck], the tight end position. We have a young offensive line, we’ve got to get some cohesion up front, but again we used four draft picks this year on the offensive line [and] all four of them are contributing, at times three are starting. So it’s a good start, there’s going to be bumps whenever you deal with rookies.

“The defensive side of the ball, you know we’ve never come out and said it’s Super Bowl or bust this year. We have a defense that is a work in progress, and when you have to tighten up once you pay Andrew what we did, it’s going to take some time to build on the other side of the ball. So we’ve got young players like Clayton Geathers, T.J. Green, Henry Anderson has played some really good football for us as well, David Parry is a starter. We’ve got a lot of players on that side of the ball that are on the come, but nothing’s ever perfect. There are no utopias on an NFL team and we’ve just got to keep every year trying to do better and we’ve won a lot of football games here, our coach has won, I don’t know, 44 games out of 70 I believe, and it’s a pretty darn good winning percentage. So we have a lot of things to be proud of, but at the same time we’re 1-3 and the expectations around Indianapolis are always going to be high because of the great success this franchise has had.”

NO one is asking you to ignore anything. You may hand pick the part of the interview that supports your agenda and spin it anyway you care to.  

I didn't have to hand pick anything. And my only agenda is to see the team not suck. Everyone noticed it and said "wait, what"? Except you. But thanks. I'll be applying at the AP based on your observation. 

Nothing I've said was out of context. It was directly quoted and I called B.S. Your arguments on this will be ignored from me now. It's just not important what you think.