Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suck for Luck Part II

azcolt

13 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The season is over. Offense is too inconsistent and the defense is awful. This is a 6-10 team. The best thing that could happen for this team long term is to get a top 10 pick. We need more talent everywhere on this team.

FIFY

We're not in tank mode, though we should be.  Trade DQ, Gore, Walden, Adams, and anyone else over the age of 31.  Try to get late round picks in return.  This team is completely devoid of talent in many areas and we desperately need an infusion of young talent.  However, I don't trust Grigson to have the competence to be able to bring young talent to this team, nor to I trust Pagano and his staff to be able to coach that talent.  The season is lost.  Throw in the towel

9 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

We're not in tank mode, though we should be.  Trade DQ, Gore, Walden, Adams, and anyone else over the age of 31.  Try to get late round picks in return.  This team is completely devoid of talent in many areas and we desperately need an infusion of young talent.  However, I don't trust Grigson to have the competence to be able to bring young talent to this team, nor to I trust Pagano and his staff to be able to coach that talent.  The season is lost.  Throw in the towel

couldn't agree more with the bolded part. I had a similar rant last week in the Pagano thread. Even if we somehow manage to get to the playoffs - WHAT'S THE LONG GAME? I don't think a Pagano coached team will ever be able to contend with the best teams in the league and Grigson hasn't shown that he's able to surround Luck with the requisite talent to make Pagano's poor coaching irrelevant. We need to look long-term and find replacements for both of them. I don't want yet another wasted year of Luck's prime. This team needs a vision and a real football mind, not "grit" and grind type of mentality. You can only go so far with a "grit" coach.

36 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

The season is over. Offense is too inconsistent and the defense is awful. This is a 6-10 team. The best thing that could happen for this team long term is to get a top 10 pick. We need more talent on the defensive side of the ball. 

We need more talent everywhere our recievers cant get separation on good defensive backs or some bad and Allen I don knw why we paid him he sucks.

10 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We need more talent everywhere our recievers cant get separation on good defensive backs or some bad and Allen I don knw why we paid him he sucks.

The WR's and TE's are good enough. They are getting separation but Luck is locking on to Hilton far too often. Doyle and Rogers were open a few times today but Luck just isn't looking for them. He's trying too much to get Hilton the ball and the other WR's and TE's aren't getting enough targets. 

10 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The conference is not.  Pittsburgh, New England, Cincy, KC, all of those teams could beat Indy right now.

I agree but you only need to win the division to get in the postseason is my point for that we are not out of it. Beyond that yeah I don't think they're an SB contender or anything.

Just now, CF4L said:

I agree but you only need to win the division to get in the postseason is my point for that we are not out of it. Beyond that yeah I don't think they're an SB contender or anything.

What's the point?  I understand the Colts have a culture of doing things just OK, but that's not good enough.  It is meaningless to win your division 10 years in a row if you don't win any Super Bowls during that time.  Good teams are judged by winning Super Bowls.  We aren't a Super Bowl contender, so I don't see the point in trying to win the division.  Win the division so you get a worse draft pick, then get blown out in the first round by a good team.  That way, you'll not only have a worse draft slot, but you won't have come anywhere close to winning the Super Bowl

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

What's the point?  I understand the Colts have a culture of doing things just OK, but that's not good enough.  It is meaningless to win your division 10 years in a row if you don't win any Super Bowls during that time.  Good teams are judged by winning Super Bowls.  We aren't a Super Bowl contender, so I don't see the point in trying to win the division.  Win the division so you get a worse draft pick, then get blown out in the first round by a good team.  That way, you'll not only have a worse draft slot, but you won't have come anywhere close to winning the Super Bowl

My point was the AFC South is mediocre at best to say the season is over is rather premature considering none of these teams are overly impressive the Colts can get on a streak and win the division that's how easy it would be.

I mean it would be best for the Colts to lose out and get a better draft position however a better draft position doesn't necessarily mean a better pick either some gems are found in later rounds if you actually have a good GM that can find a diamond in the rough.

We don't have a good GM or a coach.

3 minutes ago, CF4L said:

My point was the AFC South is mediocre at best to say the season is over is rather premature considering none of these teams are overly impressive the Colts can get on a streak and win the division that's how easy it would be.

I mean it would be best for the Colts to lose out and get a better draft position however a better draft position doesn't necessarily mean a better pick either some gems are found in later rounds if you actually have a good GM that can find a diamond in the rough.

We don't have a good GM or a coach.

Winning the division would be a loss for this team. When you can say that, the season is over.

1 hour ago, stitches said:

couldn't agree more with the bolded part. I had a similar rant last week in the Pagano thread. Even if we somehow manage to get to the playoffs - WHAT'S THE LONG GAME?

Agreed, and it seems like every week we have the exact same game plan, with minor changes at best. Belichick and the Patriots bring a new offensive look seemingly every week. I wish we could do that even half as well as they do, but instead we try to run early, fail to rush for 100yds, then throw deep late and wonder why we're always better in the 4th Q.