Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills on tap for a disastrous season

buffalo34

Good lord, Ryan Fitzpatrick has played like Dan Marino tonight. The offense has been utterly worthless, propped up by a 70 and an 85 yard TD. This offense also only put up 7 points on the Ravens.

But wait, it gets worse! The Cardinals and Patriots are on deck, so 0-4 is a strong (read: 100%) possibility for the future. Doesn't include other powerhouses we play this year, including Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Seattle. Raiders and Jaguars look tough. Still have to play the Patriots and Jets one more time each (after Week 4).

My expectations and hope for this team are beyond rock-bottom. Don't be surprised if Rex is canned by the end of the year. Inherited a great defense two years ago and it has been the biggest flop anywhere in the NFL the past two years.

Don't understand why Tyrod Taylor was given a big contract after one year. EJ Manuel isn't the answer either, if he pressed a gun up against someone's face and pulled the trigger he'd still miss. That's how inaccurate he is. So we might need to go QB Hunting soon.

Don't expect this team to be in any sort of playoff hunt.

Guess I need to start small now, like hoping the Patriots don't get the #1 seed.

I'm sick of this team. It's depressing.

I think Rex is on the hot seat! Jets are just better. I have always liked Fitzpatrick, he may be the most underrated QB of all-time. This was a 50/50 game in most peoples eyes but I had to get my crap together this week and pick right after picking like crap last week and my brains told me Jets in this one! I would love it if the Bills beat Pats though!

I'll tell you what will make or break Rex's season... week 4.

If Rex cannot beat a Patriots offense without Tom Brady, then it's over. I feel like that's one of the reasons Buffalo signed him on was to get over the Patriot hump. If he fails, then he may as well finally kiss Bill Belichick's rings.

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hiring his brother Rob Ryan was stupid. One of the worst DCs in NFL history.

What's funny is I remember reading Colts fans wanting him as our next head coach. Of course, that was before he stunk it up in New Orleans, so I doubt anyone feels the same way now.

Just now, ReMeDy said:

What's funny is I remember reading Colts fans wanting him as our next head coach. Of course, that was before he stunk it up in New Orleans, so I doubt anyone feels the same way now.

He had horrendous defenses with the Saints, but I think his defenses under the Cowboys were beyond atrocious. Even worse than the Saints.

1 hour ago, ReMeDy said:

What is even more funny is Pagano is the best Coach in the AFC South, If someone tries to give me Bill O'Brien they are just silly. Until O'Brien wins 11 games and another Division Title I don't even want to hear that crap. The Jags and Titans Coaches haven't accomplished anything either. I would take Pagano over anyone in our Division and over Rex, over the Dolphins, Chargers, Browns, Eagles, Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Bucs, Falcons, Lions- yes he is better than Caldwell eventhough we lost Sunday, Bears, Rams, and 49ers Coaches. I am not even a huge Pagano fan but he is far from the worse the Coach in the league. I just gave you guys over half the league that is better than.

24 minutes ago, King Colt said:

When Buddy Ryan left the Bears to be head coach he won nothing and his two offspring inherited that quality. Last week no offense and this week no defense. Joining Jeff Fisher why any of them have a job is amazing.

The difference is Jeff Fischer has no offense OR defense. Rex Ryan has shown tendencies to do well on either one or the other, depending on the week. This week, Rex's team had some big play moments, like the strip sack for a TD and the two deep throws for TD's, and the 4th down conversion. Jeff Fischer though didn't do squat, as usual.

Bill Cowher had a good point in the pregame. It's all Rex's fault, but it has nothing to do with coaching. He flippin' promises playoffs before the first practice. If he went 9-7 and missed the playoffs in a week 17 elimination game, he'd probably still get fired because of that.

Fitz was able to pick on 1 guy who was apparently drunk. He wasn't exactly Dan Marino.

All that aside and regardless of what happens, yeah, hiring your brother as coach wth. They have rules against that in custodial jobs for heck's sake. 

Bills season is basically over. They are 0-2 and they have to face Arizona and New England next. They'll be 0-4, and pretty much eliminated from the division when Brady comes back. They also aren't good enough to run the table with the Ryan Bros in charge, a bunch of injuries, and a below average QB in Tyrod Taylor. Sammy Watkins is pretty much a bust for two 1sts and a 4th. Not because he's horrible, but because he's injury prone, and you traded up for him in the best WR class in NFL history. Bills are a joke.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Bills season is basically over. They are 0-2 and they have to face Arizona and New England next. They'll be 0-4, and pretty much eliminated from the division when Brady comes back. They also aren't good enough to run the table with the Ryan Bros in charge, a bunch of injuries, and a below average QB in Tyrod Taylor. Sammy Watkins is pretty much a bust for two 1sts and a 4th. Not because he's horrible, but because he's injury prone, and you traded up for him in the best WR class in NFL history. Bills are a joke.

Your vitriol is justified here. The worst thing was trading up for Watkins for me. That and the whole EJ Manuel experiment.

1 minute ago, SteelCityColt said:

Your vitriol is justified here. The worst thing was trading up for Watkins for me. That and the whole EJ Manuel experiment.

EJ was a bust, but at least Tyrod turned into what EJ was supposed to be in a way. Watkins was a killer. You could of got Odell Beckham without trading up, or Khalil Mack instead of Watkins by trading up and took a different WR later. Rex Ryan has ruined the Bills defense. Just a whole trash show up in buffalo.

Rex always has the same problem.  No Offense and strong defense. This time it's even worse because the Strong Defense part is missing too!

They are having some of the same problems we are having on defense.  Injuries took away their pass rusher and ILB amongst other things. And their best NT is sitting up in a Rehab Facility for Drugs.   He's got no clue as far as how to get a good offense.

I too believe Rex will be fired at the end of the season.  Might even be sooner than that.  I don't know what made them think he was a good coaching hire in the first place.  They already had a great defense in place before he got there.  I wouldn't have wanted to replace that for an entirely different scheme.  They should have looked for an offensive minded head coach.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Rex is on the hot seat! Jets are just better. I have always liked Fitzpatrick, he may be the most underrated QB of all-time. 

Fitz isn't even the most underrated QB in the league right now. He doesn't even sniff being the most underrated in history.

Here's two articles on the Greg Roman's firing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-bills-firing-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman-174543103.html
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/9/16/12943500/greg-roman-buffalo-bills-fired-offensive-coordinator

Some interesting facts with Greg Roman:

- He was the NFL's top-paid OC. He was seen as highly coveted.

- Buffalo had the 1st ranked rushing offense in 2015.

- Tyrod Taylor had signed a 6-yr contract extension who had signed on only two months after Roman was hired. Very odd timing.

So yea, this firing is a mystery to me. It reads scapegoat all over to me.

16 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Do me a favor and tell Sammy to get me more damn fantasy points he is killing me 

I expect it to get worse before it gets better for you regarding Sammy Watkins.  For those that track medical conditions, it is clear Sammy is suffering the exact same thing Julian Edelman, Dez Bryant, and Julio Jones (among others) did.  That is a Jones fracture which ultimately ended up needing a second surgical procedure.

I don't play fantasy games, but if I did, I would have avoided Sammy for that reason and the history of others that also had it. Sammy is on fast track to another operation, me thinks.

16 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

Good lord, Ryan Fitzpatrick has played like Dan Marino tonight. The offense has been utterly worthless, propped up by a 70 and an 85 yard TD. This offense also only put up 7 points on the Ravens.

But wait, it gets worse! The Cardinals and Patriots are on deck, so 0-4 is a strong (read: 100%) possibility for the future. Doesn't include other powerhouses we play this year, including Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Seattle. Raiders and Jaguars look tough. Still have to play the Patriots and Jets one more time each (after Week 4).

My expectations and hope for this team are beyond rock-bottom. Don't be surprised if Rex is canned by the end of the year. Inherited a great defense two years ago and it has been the biggest flop anywhere in the NFL the past two years.

Don't understand why Tyrod Taylor was given a big contract after one year. EJ Manuel isn't the answer either, if he pressed a gun up against someone's face and pulled the trigger he'd still miss. That's how inaccurate he is. So we might need to go QB Hunting soon.

Don't expect this team to be in any sort of playoff hunt.

Guess I need to start small now, like hoping the Patriots don't get the #1 seed.

I'm sick of this team. It's depressing.

I feel for you buffalo34...I know your traditionally a Debbie downer always seeing the glass empty even when its like 3/4 full but on this one I got to agree with you. Rex Ryan won't make it the whole season. Tyrod was not the answer and should not have got that contract (although I think he is a very good stop gap guy and would be the leagues best backup) Sammy is going to have another surgery and giving up another first rd pick to move up I think was short sighted. Unfortunately I think Rex kinda undid all the good work Marrone (sp) did unfortunately. He is trying to force his style of defense on a team that had great personnel but not the right one for his team. They had good corners but I wouldn't say great 1 on 1 press...and they had great pass rush and he has just kinda misused them all over. I've been a Rex fan for a long time but alas he has run out his welcome. He did the most he could with a horrible offense in NY but now there is no excuse for what he has done to the Bills. I do agree. You will be fighting it out with the Browns for the right to draft the first qb in this draft...sadly I don't see a franchise one to be had.

I just realized that the Jets were Rex's last team, the Ravens were his team before that, and that the Cardinals were his team before that. If he loses all 3, his spirit might be totally broken. I mean how does this happen? Just getting your 3 old teams in a season is improbable. He got them consecutively to start the season. Then he's not just in trouble, he's in losing the lockerroom and going 0-however many games he lasts before he's fired trouble.

There's also the possibility Rex coming out and wrecking the Pats when things couldn't get any worse like he's done before but it sure seems unlikely at the moment. 

Sounds like an overreaction scapegoat firing. However, the Bills did only put up a whopping 7 points last week in a 13-7 loss in Baltimore. 

Although like others have said, Rob Ryan seems to be the death of defenses wherever he goes.

Not sure Rex Ryan can handle losing to the Jets though either. lmao

The season is obviously not over for them, but it gets MUCH harder from here. After AZ and NE, they got the 49ers, Rams and Dolphins, so they should go 2-1 there, but then they got a six game stretch where they play NE SEA CIN JAX OAK and PIT in that order. Probably be lucky to win 2 of those. I got them at 5-11 right now. Lets see how it plays out.

I thought Buffalo would be great last season. They had the talent, but Rex just kept trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Oh and that Rob Ryan hire doesn't really help either.