Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign Dwayne Allen, four years $29.4m [Merge]

Lef

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite surprised.  I'm guessing it was a cheap deal.   

We have to keep Fleener.   

@ProFootballTalk: It's a four-year, $29.4M deal for Colts TE Dwayne Allen, with $12M paid out in year one, $17M through year two. He had 16 catches last year.

I mean u have to go with the cheaper one fleener gonna get like a 4 yr 50m contract on yhe market and I can see us in 4 yrs having hindsight syndrome.  But I like the move the do it all te since or wrs gonna be the #1 options but his injury history is scary 

Im p*ssed about this i sayd it before, he is better than Fleener but is constantly injured, we are going to regret this if bigtime if he cant turn around his injury issues, Fleener is obviously gone as well with that price..

This is ridiculous money for a guy who can't stay on the field and just isn't a game changing type of guy. We keep saying we are going to not do the same things we did in the Manning era by spending so much on the offense but here we are spending 7+ mil/yr for a mostly blocking TE that can catch but is hurt too much. So we will have a $$TE, $$ WR (or 2) a $$$$ QB $$OT and maybe a $$ C if we bring in a high profile guy. This contract just wasn't necessary IMO and money could have been used for the defense to get much better.  Let Luck make avg players play above their level. I don't like it at all. 

IF he stays healthy I completely agree with this move. Our Receiver core is going to be one of the best in the league next season. And Fleener simply wouldn't put up the numbers. 

Also, with the possibility of a new look at the OLINE, Allen can provide some blocking help witch fleener simply wasn't able to.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I know. What do you think that cap hit will look like?

Report says his cash is $12m in Year 1. That either means he's getting a big signing bonus and the cap hit will be kind of low this year, or he's getting a big roster bonus and the cap hit will be kind of high this year. The Colts have done contracts the second way more often than the first way, so I'm thinking his cap hit will be something like $7m this year.

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Watch Fleener sign with the Jags.

They just signed Julius Thomas last offseason and wasn't a big factor. How do you think Coby would compare?

With that said, I'd be perfect happy for him to sign a huge deal with the Jags.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

Report says his cash is $12m in Year 1. That either means he's getting a big signing bonus and the cap hit will be kind of low this year, or he's getting a big roster bonus and the cap hit will be kind of high this year. The Colts have done contracts the second way more often than the first way, so I'm thinking his cap hit will be something like $7m this year.

Supe. I don't know much about the cap. So after we re-sign our own guys do you think we'll have enough room to sign 2 impact players? For Example Jeff Allen and Janorris Jenkins?