Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your expectations of Dorsett

CR91

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Do you watch football?

Forget the big numbers. He's a little guy who so far hasn't shown he can take NFL hits. 

No, do you have a spare TV? BTW, he also missed a year in college with injuries. Do you know how to Google? I'll trade you my expertise in Googling for that spare TV.

1 hour ago, azcolt said:

Forget the big numbers. He's a little guy who so far hasn't shown he can take NFL hits. 

No, do you have a spare TV? BTW, he also missed a year in college with injuries. Do you know how to Google? I'll trade you my expertise in Googling for that spare TV.

You can stream it. I can go into detail because of the rules of the forum. But I do have a 13 inch B&W TV that had been sitting around for a few years I can donate if you would like it?

I expect him to be a difference maker. He was drafted in the first round for a reason by this team. He is suppose to be our Reggie 2.0. That is what Chuck and Ryan said when we drafted him. Not in those simple words, but explaining why we took him.

I really like the idea of using Dorsett for end-arounds and the short underneath stuff where he catches the ball in the open field and turns it into a 25 yard gain. We saw flashes of that last year when he returned from his injury. It may or may not lead to as many TDs as some would like, but it blows opposing defenses wide open, and presents downfield opportunities for our other receivers.

Having said all that, I think a respectable stat line for Dorsett next season would be 700 yards receiving, 5 TDs.

12 hours ago, azcolt said:

Not much deep thought in that post.

The human body is not meant to bend in the way it did when he got hurt.

18 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I really like the idea of using Dorsett for end-arounds and the short underneath stuff where he catches the ball in the open field and turns it into a 25 yard gain. We saw flashes of that last year when he returned from his injury. It may or may not lead to as many TDs as some would like, but it blows opposing defenses wide open, and presents downfield opportunities for our other receivers.

Having said all that, I think a respectable stat line for Dorsett next season would be 700 yards receiving, 5 TDs.

There ya go. Chud used him out of the backfield, running it and for short underneath stuff.
  When he ran sideline comebacks, they were so afraid of him he was wide open.
  He is Much More than TY.
   Seems to me they graded him SO High because they saw him as a Faster Randall Cobb like player.
   Well he flunked the returner part in year one. We will see about that.
     Chud will borrow from the NE playbook and use him a lot like Edelman, and like R Cobb.
   He will get to run it some, in motion, and... otherwise

IF, Chud can get Andrews head screwed on straight (lol), i see numbers like
    60 receptions  850 yards 6 TD
    25 carries  200+ yds

38 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

There ya go. Chud used him out of the backfield, running it and for short underneath stuff.
  When he ran sideline comebacks, they were so afraid of him he was wide open.
  He is Much More than TY.
   Seems to me they graded him SO High because they saw him as a Faster Randall Cobb like player.
   Well he flunked the returner part in year one. We will see about that.
     Chud will borrow from the NE playbook and use him a lot like Edelman, and like R Cobb.
   He will get to run it some, in motion, and... otherwise

IF, Chud can get Andrews head screwed on straight (lol), i see numbers like
    60 receptions  850 yards 6 TD
    25 carries  200+ yds

Except for the dig at Luck, this is outstanding.

A 3 WR set of Moncrief, Dorsett and TY will be a staple personnel grouping for Indy.  I think it will start to become clear this year why they chose him and I think your NE reference is spot on.  

8 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Except for the dig at Luck, this is outstanding.

A 3 WR set of Moncrief, Dorsett and TY will be a staple personnel grouping for Indy.  I think it will start to become clear this year why they chose him and I think your NE reference is spot on.  

Thanks. The rush attempts are too high i reckon, some of those would turn into swing passes.
  NE used guys in motion that seemed to confuse the D. I like Dorsett being that guy, because i do believe

with TY & Moncrief pressuring it deeper, he will put his share of Scare in some Defensive Coordinators!! :panic:

Last year, it seemed our receivers had some trouble getting separation.  I think Dorsett might be better at getting in and out of breaks. 

I'm not as concerned with reception #s, yards, etc.  if he can help move the chains on 3rd down, i will be happy. He's fast & quick, which could be a deadly combination.

i think he'll play well and along with Hilton and Moncrief, should round out a solid WR corps. I'd like to see one more reliable receiver added for depth tho. Not top tier necessarily, just solid.  Maybe a bid possesion guy, especially if we lose Fleener.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If he is gonna be injured again, and again and again? does that sound familiar?  You make it sound like he is injury prone because he got injured? You are the one who mentioned him being a decoy receiver. I have no clue as to how you even come up with that?

I mentioned the repeated injuries hypothetically since you said injuries don't affect the value of a player. Same thing with the decoy receiver thing, which was in response to your belief that stats don't matter that much for receivers. That's true, but only if you're acting as a decoy or playing special teams (which would then lose the first-round value of a WR).

Again, all I said initially was that 800 yards and 6 TDs should be a reasonable minimum target for a first-round pick. I'm not sure why you have a problem with my initial post over everyone else's.

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

I mentioned the repeated injuries hypothetically since you said injuries don't affect the value of a player. Same thing with the decoy receiver thing, which was in response to your belief that stats don't matter that much for receivers. That's true, but only if you're acting as a decoy or playing special teams (which would then lose the first-round value of a WR).

Again, all I said initially was that 800 yards and 6 TDs should be a reasonable minimum target for a first-round pick. I'm not sure why you have a problem with my initial post over everyone else's.

Where did I say that injuries don't effect the value of a player? I didn't. Then you mention stats. No where did I say stats don't matter. I said overlooking just stats is not seeing the whole picture. Then you throw in hypothetical things that hasn't happened? Wow. OK.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was injured by getting his leg rolled on. So your gonna say he is going to be injured over and over?  Can I have that crystal ball you are looking into? Just because you didn't like the pick there is no reason to trash him.

He just needs to get stronger in his legs.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where did I say that injuries don't effect the value of a player? I didn't. Then you mention stats. No where did I say stats don't matter. I said overlooking just stats is not seeing the whole picture. Then you throw in hypothetical things that hasn't happened? Wow. OK.

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He is a rookie that got injured. Does anymore need to be said?

Which I took as implying that injuries are excuses for reason to still be worth a high draft pick. You can't overlook stats for a receiver either; you either produce or you don't. What I said is not that complicated, you're just twisting my words to make it seem like I'm saying something that I'm not.

Just now, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

Which I took as implying that injuries are excuses for reason to still be worth a high draft pick. You can't overlook stats for a receiver either; you either produce or you don't. What I said is not that complicated, you're just twisting my words to make it seem like I'm saying something that I'm not.

It seems that is a two way street if that is the case?

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He just needs to get stronger in his legs.

Huh?

When an NFL sized player rolls on to your leg,  it doesn't matter how strong your leg is,  it's going to get damaged.      Something broke in Dorsett's ankle/leg....    breaking a bone is not something that increased muscles are going to fix....      maybe for a giant lineman it might....    but not for a 5'10" 185 pound speedster....

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

It seems that is a two way street if that is the case?

Well then can we both just ignore this and move on? This has gone on for far too long and it looks like we're not coming to an agreement anytime soon. I'm still confused as to what your reasoning is, and I'm sure you're feeling the same as well.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Huh?

When an NFL sized player rolls on to your leg,  it doesn't matter how strong your leg is,  it's going to get damaged.      Something broke in Dorsett's ankle/leg....    breaking a bone is not something that increased muscles are going to fix....      maybe for a giant lineman it might....    but not for a 5'10" 185 pound speedster....

There's only one thing for it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adamantium

On 3/2/2016 at 4:34 PM, jameszeigler834 said:

Atleast 50 Receptions for over 800 yards and maybe 6 or 7 td's.

This would be an extremely awesome expected season in the Manning era with Austin Collie at the peak of his prime "prime" (prime x2 I suppose). Minus all the concussions of course, never want a player like that to go through that type of injury on multiple occasions.

I would love for dorsett to put up these type of numbers, but IMVHO I don't think he will because we have players like Hilton and Moncrief, especially Moncrief who is ready to explode (emphasis on the explode)!

Although I feel Andrew Luck will freakin explode and put up a season that makes everyone put up numbers that were wayyyyyyyy better than last season

COLTS FANS UNITE

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, azcolt said:

He didn't get injured because of not being able to take NFL hits the leg was hurt because he had some 300 plus pound guy land full force on that leg.

My expectations are very low. I still think he was a huge reach in the first round, nothing I saw in his few healthy games last year changed my mind. Shiuld have drafted a better player in a need spot abd then drafted a 3rd rounder who could have done as well. 

On 3/2/2016 at 6:27 AM, crazycolt1 said:

He averaged over 20 yards per catch. He only played 11 games as a rookie on a team that didn't have a passing game. It's not like he was the only player on the Colts who didn't show up in games.

Edited by masterlock
Wrong post quoted.

On 3/2/2016 at 6:19 PM, CR91 said:

what would be a good enough stat line for you to accept dorsett was a good pick

I expect Dorsett to be a viable threat this year. I wont put a number on catches/yards/TD but he needs to be a viable option that can get open consistently, make the average catch and the occasional spectacular catch. With teams wanting to cover TY with over the top coverage we need someone else to be able to find that open spot and make defenses have to respect their ability. Consistency needs to show this year both with route running, hands and health.