Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your expectations of Dorsett

CR91

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

40 catches, 550 Yards, 3 TD's. I went a little lower than James, see above because we have so many other weapons like Hilton, Moncrief, Fleener. The numbers I posted are still respectable. He will have his occasional big play IMO that will get us excited.

Those are respectable hopefully he can help take pressure off of T Y this year.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if we can just 2 or 3 catches a game from him and 1 big play a game I would be happy.

We need someone other than Hilton to be a consistent pass catcher because last season there were games Moncrief looked real good but then other weeks he disappeared completely which is why I'm not sold on him yet.

2 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

We need someone other than Hilton to be a consistent pass catcher because last season there were games Moncrief looked real good but then other weeks he disappeared completely which is why I'm not sold on him yet.

Moncrief should be better, I think he can be a solid 2

17 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I think that had more to do with share reps with johnson and the bad line play. moncrief is a beast imo. course TY is number one for me

29 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Don't forget it generally take WR 3 years to really explode on to the scene. Between him coming in after I think just 1 year of college plus sharing reps with nicks Wayne and Johnson him coming into this year as a true number 2 I expect huge things out of creif. But as far as dorsett over 500 yards and a lot of development.

I think that he's not only going to take a major step forward this year, but really break out and make a name for himself. I said this in another thread, but I think the sky's the limit for Dorsett. I truly believe he can turn into a Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown type wide out. I think we may end up having the best receiving corps in the NFL this year with Moncrief, Hilton, and Dorsett. More than likely TY and Moncrief will put up 1,000 yard seasons. It'd be a bold suggestion to say we'll have 3 1,000 yard WR's but its definitely not impossible. But I'd say Dorsett will put up around 800 yards, 6 TD's. With Luck healthy and just entering his prime. Our offense could be lethal. As long as we FIX the offensive line.

He'll go as far as lucks ball placement and timing takes him. Hilton will be Hilton we know what we get with him I'm gonna also need Luck to throw 50/50 balls to moncreif if he's one on one his hops are great so basically I want luck to not throw jump balls to our small recievers  and stop throwing low balls to our taller receivers lol (not bashing just saying he needs to work on those thing badly) luck would rather throw a fade to little Hilton than big ole Moncrief 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

If all you are going to do is quote stats without seeing the whole picture you are overlooking a lot.

Well if he's a playmaking speedster that's not gonna specialize in much other than making big plays, then averaging 50 yards per game is not too much to ask for. A decoy receiver does not deserve a 1st round pick, no matter how deep your receiving corps is.

3 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Lol. You guys said and still say the same thing about Hilton. Moncrief was fine last season. I'm tired of hearing about Colts receivers disappearing in games.

They're not supposed to be open every game. It's on the OC and other players to make things happen. We need to get the TEs involved and have a consistent running game. 

And Dorsett is just a third receiver. Whatever are average WR #3 numbers are what I expect from him.

If management gets the o-line straighten out.  I see Dorsett having a pretty big year.  Three things that hinder Dorsett last year.  One Luck not having time to throw because of a below average o-line. Two Luck missing time because of injuries. And three Dorsett being a rookie and not knowing the playbook (plus he miss time for his own injuries).  If Dorsett goes to work during this time and knows the playbook coming into TC.  This team should be alot better.  Looking forward to the draft and the new year.

7 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Forget the big numbers. He's a little guy who so far hasn't shown he can take NFL hits. 

Did you see the play he got injured on? It isn't like he took a huge hit. He got his ankle caught underneath a defender while being dragged down from behind. More of a freak injury than him not taking a hit.

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

Well if he's a playmaking speedster that's not gonna specialize in much other than making big plays, then averaging 50 yards per game is not too much to ask for. A decoy receiver does not deserve a 1st round pick, no matter how deep your receiving corps is.

I think writing him off as a decoy receiver is a big mistake. All T.Y. Hilton was supposed to be was a speedster with great return abilities, and look where he is now. I personally believe Dorsett was much better than Hilton coming out of college.

4 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

He is a rookie that got injured. Does anymore need to be said?

As a first round pick who is entering his 2nd season and likely to play a prominent role, I'd be happy with about 800 yards on about 60 receptions and 6 TDS or so.

So long as Moncrief production picks up to about 1000 yards.

6 hours ago, SDakColts said:

I think writing him off as a decoy receiver is a big mistake. All T.Y. Hilton was supposed to be was a speedster with great return abilities, and look where he is now. I personally believe Dorsett was much better than Hilton coming out of college.

I wasn't saying he's a decoy receicer. I'm saying a first round pick should not end up becoming a decoy receicer.

11 minutes ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

If he's gonna be injured again, and again, and again... Well then he wasn't a good pick, which is what the question was. Not that it'd be his fault. This is about the future season(s), not the past.

He was injured by getting his leg rolled on. So your gonna say he is going to be injured over and over?  Can I have that crystal ball you are looking into? Just because you didn't like the pick there is no reason to trash him.

10 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He averaged over 20 yards per catch. He only played 11 games as a rookie on a team that didn't have a passing game. It's not like he was the only player on the Colts who didn't show up in games.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was injured by getting his leg rolled on. So your gonna say he is going to be injured over and over?  Can I have that crystal ball you are looking into? Just because you didn't like the pick there is no reason to trash him.

I never said anything about not liking him or him being injury-prone. I mentioned the injuries as a response to your claim that if a player is injured, then one can't judge him on his value to the team. If a player can't play for you no matter what reason, they are not worth having. And I don't know where you got the notion that I didn't like the Dorsett pick. I never said anything negative about him (on this page or ever). All I did was give a modest prediction as to what Dorsett's stats should look like this upcoming season if we're to think he's worth the first round pick. Playing worse than that isn't necessarily bad, but then he wouldn't be worth that high of a pick

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

I never said anything about not liking him or him being injury-prone. I mentioned the injuries as a response to your claim that if a player is injured, then one can't judge him on his value to the team. If a player can't play for you no matter what reason, they are not worth having. And I don't know where you got the notion that I didn't like the Dorsett pick. I never said anything negative about him (on this page or ever). All I did was give a modest prediction as to what Dorsett's stats should look like this upcoming season if we're to think he's worth the first round pick. Playing worse than that isn't necessarily bad, but then he wouldn't be worth that high of a pick

If he is gonna be injured again, and again and again? does that sound familiar?  You make it sound like he is injury prone because he got injured? You are the one who mentioned him being a decoy receiver. I have no clue as to how you even come up with that?

I agree with New Colts Fan and buccolts....40/600/6 would be very good with him being the 3rd option. I also will add a td from an end around. One thing that seems to be lost in the conversation is that coming out of College, he was the more polished receiver than TY and Moncrief when they came out....so it should be very interesting to watch these three in 3 wide sets.