Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Luck is asked, would he play in the pro bowl?

SilentHill

Just like in years past, the Pro Bowl QB's have been bowing out due to injury, or in Cam's instance the superbowl

Currently the QB's are:

Alternates that accepted:

Tyrod Taylor

Derek Carr

Eli Manning

The 3 originals left are:

Carson Palmer (who declined earlier today)

Tom Brady (who never goes)

Russel Wilson

They need 2 more QB's and Philip Rivers has already declined, could luck be tabbed, and would he accept? I'm sure he's healed by now.

19 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Just like in years past, the Pro Bowl QB's have been bowing out due to injury, or in Cam's instance the superbowl

Currently the QB's are:

Alternates that accepted:

Tyrod Taylor

Derek Carr

Eli Manning

The 3 originals left are:

Carson Palmer (who declined earlier today)

Tom Brady (who never goes)

Russel Wilson

They need 2 more QB's and Philip Rivers has already declined, could luck be tabbed, and would he accept? I'm sure he's healed by now.

Why would he be asked? He didn't have a pro bowl type season. I would put Taylor and Carr ahead of him (Eli plays in the NFC). Rivers, Big Ben and even Bortles had better seasons than Luck.

17 minutes ago, Live and let live said:

Why would he be asked? He didn't have a pro bowl type season. I would put Taylor and Carr ahead of him (Eli plays in the NFC). Rivers, Big Ben and even Bortles had better seasons than Luck.

Playing in the AFC or NFC makes no difference anymore. Now it has become a spectacle with Team Rice and Team Irvin IMO. I think Bortles should get a nod too.

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Playing in the AFC or NFC makes no difference anymore. Now it has become a spectacle with Team Rice and Team Irvin IMO. I think Bortles should get a nod too.

Don't they still shoot for an even number of players from each conference?

21 minutes ago, bababooey said:

PRO BOWL???? You think he was good enough for the Pro Bowl????? I know we are Colts fans here but come on let's tone the bias down a LITTLE bit please...

It's a popularity contest.....You do realize that?

Last time I checked, Luck was pretty popular.

4 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

If asked imo he should respectfully decline.

only reason he would decline would be injuries.  its a nice pay day for like one practice and one quarter of a game.  some vets like brady dont care about the pro bowl, but luck seems to really enjoy it

not that he needs it, but pro bowls make you look better down the road too. it would be another on his resume and even if he doesnt deserve this one, no one would remember that and just see it as another on his list of achievements 

20 hours ago, SilentHill said:

It's a popularity contest.....You do realize that?

Last time I checked, Luck was pretty popular.

Let's put it this way; no one in their right mind voted for Luck this year.. Not players, not coaches, not even colts fans.. 

I didn't vote for him first time since he became a colt. Did you?

And it's not like the league chooses who gets in as an alternate, they just go down the list.. I bet Luck is not in top 20 this year..

8 minutes ago, CroatianColtsFan21 said:

Let's put it this way; no one in their right mind voted for Luck this year.. Not players, not coaches, not even colts fans.. 

I didn't vote for him first time since he became a colt. Did you?

And it's not like the league chooses who gets in as an alternate, they just go down the list.. I bet Luck is not in top 20 this year..

I didn't vote this year, unfortunately. I was busy, but sure I would have voted for Luck, he had an amazing game against Denver.