Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Ryan?

MarquisJ

Kicked out of New Orleans! I remember when he got the boot from Dallas the forum wanted him could he find a home in Indy the 27th ranked defense in the league? I like to think a lot of New Orleans issues defensively were personnel related no one jumps out at you or scare teams to make them game plan. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the problems were personnel related really. They signed Jarius Byrd when everyone in the league wanted him, and already had other playmakers like Keenan Lewis and Cameron Jordan. He dealt with a lot of injuries, but that defense has been horrible for a few years now.

I was thinking perhaps giving him the role Chud previously filled and see how the rest of the season played out.  Kind of put tabs on him by bringing him in, and evaluate the situation after the season.  I think he's better than what people give him credit for.  Saints have always been built around their offense, just like the Colts, so personnel had to suffer because of that fact.  I think it would be worth bringing him in for an assistant role for the meantime. 

I was thinking perhaps giving him the role Chud previously filled and see how the rest of the season played out.  Kind of put tabs on him by bringing him in, and evaluate the situation after the season.  I think he's better than what people give him credit for.  Saints have always been built around their offense, just like the Colts, so personnel had to suffer because of that fact.  I think it would be worth bringing him in for an assistant role for the meantime. 

Why?  Where is the proof other than he looks like Rex Ryan.  He ain't Rex.  What history does he have to suggest he should be advising us of anything?  Chud got fired in Cleveland but he had a lengthy history of being a pretty good OC.  Where is Ryans history of success?

Why?  Where is the proof other than he looks like Rex Ryan.  He ain't Rex.  What history does he have to suggest he should be advising us of anything?  Chud got fired in Cleveland but he had a lengthy history of being a pretty good OC.  Where is Ryans history of success?

Manusky hasn't been anything more than average at best for the Colts, but then again Grigson has put WAY more emphasis on building a powerhouse offense instead of defense.  Similar to NO, they pay their franchise players top dollars and let the defense hang out to dry.  Besides Cameron Jordan, who else does the Saints have on defense?  Byrd was a bad investment from the start, IMO so I wouldn't even consider him as a great player.

Why does Manusky continue to be let off the hook then?  Why isn't people calling for his job?  There is much more to analyzing than looking at the stat sheet.  Even though our defense doesn't look good on paper, doesn't mean it is all their fault.  Given the defenses stat sheet, there is no reason to keep him.  Personally I like GM but we could do better, not saying Rob would be better though, however we do need to change some things.

Manusky hasn't been anything more than average at best for the Colts, but then again Grigson has put WAY more emphasis on building a powerhouse offense instead of defense.  Similar to NO, they pay their franchise players top dollars and let the defense hang out to dry.  Besides Cameron Jordan, who else does the Saints have on defense?  Byrd was a bad investment from the start, IMO so I wouldn't even consider him as a great player.

Why does Manusky continue to be let off the hook then?  Why isn't people calling for his job?  There is much more to analyzing than looking at the stat sheet.  Even though our defense doesn't look good on paper, doesn't mean it is all their fault.  Given the defenses stat sheet, there is no reason to keep him.  Personally I like GM but we could do better, not saying Rob would be better though, however we do need to change some things.

I remember how many people on here desperately wanted us to sign Byrd, what a waste that would have been.

I responded to the suggestion of Rob Ryan.  He's not the guy we want to make anything better so why call for Manuskys head and replace him with someone who is perceived to be a clone?  Most of us know the numbers/stats are due to the offense and all of their struggles.  Who exactly would we be replacing Manusky with this season?  Fire him and let Pagano run the D is what somebody is going to be suggesting next I bet.

The Colts have more money spent on the defense than the offense.

I just was reading that Rob was not fired also.

Yeah there is a link on NFL.com now that confirms he hasn't been fired.  Reading over it though it seems they may be putting some thought into it.  It appears it hasn't been done yet, so I'm not sure where the OP got his info on the subject.

Yeah there is a link on NFL.com now that confirms he hasn't been fired.  Reading over it though it seems they may be putting some thought into it.  It appears it hasn't been done yet, so I'm not sure where the OP got his info on the subject.

Alex Marvez reported it earlier, then Sean Payton came out and denied the report.

I responded to the suggestion of Rob Ryan.  He's not the guy we want to make anything better so why call for Manuskys head and replace him with someone who is perceived to be a clone?  Most of us know the numbers/stats are due to the offense and all of their struggles.  Who exactly would we be replacing Manusky with this season?  Fire him and let Pagano run the D is what somebody is going to be suggesting next I bet.

Exactly. Rob Ryan is NOT coming to the Colts. There's no way Irsay, Grigson (or whoever if changes are made), would tolerate the bold, agressive, salty, hot-headed persona of RR. Just sayin, guys ...

Lol...

You really went for it huh?  

Kicked out of New Orleans! I remember when he got the boot from Dallas the forum wanted him could he find a home in Indy the 27th ranked defense in the league? I like to think a lot of New Orleans issues defensively were personnel related no one jumps out at you or scare teams to make them game plan. 

In all teams and years RR has coached, only 1 team had a winning season......  we don't need to go anywhere near him!

RR is a decent enough coach. However, his record and "style", IMO, just doesn't jive with the Colts organization. I believe that other teams have found that out recently in Dallas & New Orleans. I'm not questioning his defensive knowledge, as he tries to align himself with the strategies of his Dad & Rex. It's just the fact that he's not as successful for some reason. I really feel that Jim Irsay would pass on Rob, if given the opportunity. Besides, Manusky has established enough defensive play out of this team to not even go there. JMO.