Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rob Ryan?

MarquisJ

If Horton is released from his contract in the offseason, they can flirt with him undercover. That's dangerous, for obvious reasons, but that only matters if you don't close with him. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get him, though. He was Chud's defensive coordinator in Cleveland, by the way. I'm sure they know some of the same people... winkwink

Right, it really only becomes a problem if they don't close the deal. Really the only way I could see the deal not going through is if he was getting interest in a HC position....that's primarily what I was thinking could be a potential stumbling block. We know irsay won't let money be a blocker.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, it really only becomes a problem if they don't close the deal. Really the only way I could see the deal not going through is if he was getting interest in a HC position....that's primarily what I was thinking could be a potential stumbling block. We know irsay won't let money be a blocker.

I doubt he'll get HC consideration right now. That defense would have to become a bear trap for the rest of the season. But if they clean that whole staff out, which they probably will, then he'll have several options as a DC. And we don't exactly have intriguing personnel on that side of the ball...

Nonsense. Every GM has hits and misses in free agents and draft picks. The Colts did not go three 11-5 seasons by Grigson being a bad GM. If you want to overlook that, that's on you. You don't care how many good things he's done? Really? I guess you think good GM's grow on trees?

He was gift wrapped a spectacular franchise QB, and a few other core players to set them off.  Don't confuse Andrew Luck's success with Ryan Grigson's!  Good GM's are very hard to come by, that is why Irsay is having a problem.  What we have with Grigson is a mediocre GM.  Nothing more, nothing less!  It just so happens that mediocre isn't enough to get by in the NFL!  Some coaches have terrible rosters, and get fired after 1 season, with NO chance to succeed.  Does that sound fair to them?  NO!  Just like many people have told me, life is not always fair.  We don't need to throw a pity party, or make excuses.  It is what it is!  It's not like Grigson couldn't find a job elsewhere.

that is going a little too far.  the pass rush hasn't been good enough, starting corners get burned repeatadly, linebackers can't cover

when your best pass rusher is 34 coming off an achellies injury, youre gonna have issues getting to the QB which leads to open players since you cant cover for 10 seconds

I can't believe the amount of views for a joke of a DC coach and wanting him to with the Colts; slow news cycle I guess.

thanks to his dad and brother he has a name and if I've learned anything here if you have a name someone on this forum is going to want you with the Colts regardless of if you are needed or are a good choice.

I doubt he'll get HC consideration right now. That defense would have to become a bear trap for the rest of the season. But if they clean that whole staff out, which they probably will, then he'll have several options as a DC. And we don't exactly have intriguing personnel on that side of the ball...

I don't know that he'll get HC consideration, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.  As for not having the most intriguing personnel on that side of the ball, I wouldn't say that Tennessee did either before he went there. :)

I don't know that he'll get HC consideration, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.  As for not having the most intriguing personnel on that side of the ball, I wouldn't say that Tennessee did either before he went there. :)

He went there with Whisenhunt, though. 

He went there with Whisenhunt, though. 

that's true...and he could wind up following Wisenhunt again shoudl he get another HC offer.  I also, while I don't think we have great overall personnel on the defensive side, I do think there are enough young pieces to get a good start with.  There are definitely teams with worse overall personnel. :)