Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Panthers Monday Night Football Game Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• They could just force him to sit out, allow him to throw his temper tantrum and not report.  Maybe HOU would get lucky and he will ultimately retire from the NFL.  Making comments about the teams hiring process should be seen as "conduct detrimental to the team" since it immediately undermines the effectiveness of Culley, so they have several legal options at this point under the NFLPA.   If I'm a GM picking high in a round, I'd just start the rebuild process now by taking a QB. I wouldn't let the team be in a position like Luck put us in....having Watson failing to report to TC ore preseason AFTER the draft took place.  I'd just start with a rookie QB now.   Maybe cut Watson eventually.  Let him negotiate the contract with whatever team wants to pay him whatever price he would demand, and with whatever team wants a player with that attitude.   At this point, I would think that simply allowing Watson to sit out, stay at home, and getting no official compensation for him would still be a net win (by removing a negative).   
    • This is based off of pff rating, and they had him pretty high last year.  I have not followed the rest of their picks closely though.  He had a high QB rating too
    • I dont disagree with the fact that Ballard has his own BPA list (That is usually different than what the fans list is)   We also know that he tends to favor building the lines   I WOULD be surprised if QB was the option at this point. First as I dont see anything "special" making it to pick 21   My ONLY point is that its NOT a pure BPA,    Team Needs are taken into account in addition to BPA   They go together.....  
    • It is, that's why they did the rankings in three separate ways. The first one goes off of player value, so of course Mahomes skyrockets the Chiefs to the top. I thought it was interesting though to see that although we haven't hit any "Mahomes" style home runs, we've been very consistent in drafting quality players.    Also, I gotta agree about Kyler, and I like him a lot. 
    • Isn't Watt the most double teamed player in the NFL?  That's a vital stat you missed, there's so much more here, how does he impact the players around him, do you have that stat?  Great players lift up those around them nd Watt does that in spades.  The two guys I said the Colts should get in October, Wentz and Watt.  Deals can be done and money can be worked out.  The organization has to compel the player, I imagine a world where teams have to handle both Watt and Buckner coming off the right side.  You then have to keep extras in to block which means fewer guys releasing in routes.  If Watt can be done on a two year deal, that's massive and a sign to the team as a whole that we truly have one objective.  To me, it's the defensive version of signing a guy like Brady or Manning. And perhaps you even get a deal to keep Houston as a vision rounds into form, just as I told you it would with Wentz.
  • Members

• Ramble

Ramble 0

Rookie
    • Fat Clemenza

Fat Clemenza 348

• rayski

rayski 197

• Arodgers12

Arodgers12 316

• JMichael557

JMichael557 173