Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Panthers Predictions

RockThatBlue

I'll be shocked if we keep this game close. Seriously. This one could be ugly. I'll be surprised if we keep it within 10 points. Hell, I'll be surprised if we even score 10 points!

I'll say Panthers win 31-9. I don't see Luck or our offense doing anything against these guys sadly. This game might be the game that costs peoples jobs....

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be happy any way you look at it!! If Colts win Great!!! If Panthers win The saints don't get any closer to division winner!!

I can't stand the saints and the city of NO. more than I love the Colts and that's pretty bad!! So please someone win this game!!

And you better not end in a TIE!!!! :)  :angry:  :thinking:  :realitycheck:  :violin:  :worms:

Even though in an earlier post I said I was the optimist king, I sadly can't see us winning (trying to reverse jinx it). I'll go against the trend and say we get off to a great start but fail to finish

Score by quarter:

Colts 14-10 Panthers

Colts 24-16 Panthers

Colts 27-23Panthers

Colts27-Panthers 37

Luck throws two tds and two picks. Moncrief has two tds. Gore has one. Cam runs for two touchdowns and Norman returns a Luck pick for six

Hopefully im dead wrong! Go Blue!

What's bad is you're laughing at that, and the sad reality is that might be the most accurate post in here

Luck stares down people way too much

Whats really funny about the stare down stuff is what I've been saying for years about QB P.M. He's broke the golden rule I've been hearing by coaches since I was kid and I've been amazed how much he got away with it?? I guess its all in the defense I guess. 

No doubt it would be a tough game in your place, but you're coming to our house and the team's doing this for OLB Thomas Davis.

Guy's been here for 10 years, came back from 3 torn ACLs in the same knee, doesn't get recognition as a 4-3 OLB that goes to 3-4 OLBs who rush the QB, re-did his contract to give the team space to sign Cam and Luke long term, brings the wood and straight punishes ball carriers like last night, and sets the team standard for toughness by popping his dislocated finger back in MID-PLAY after getting blocked by an O-lineman on a screen and still tackling Marshawn Lynch for a 3 yard loss. Also sets the standard for being a classy man as the 2014 Walter Payton Man of the Year. He's taken the motto "Keep Pounding" coined by our dearly departed former player and LB coach Sam Mills who lost his battle to stomach cancer to heart, and made it the team's mantra after being close friends with Sam Mills' son, who's been an assistant coach for us for a long time.  

After last night's win, our Head Coach gave the team a Victory Monday off since Philly had run so much uptempo all game and gassed most of our players. Our guy on IR-Designated to Return DE Charles Johnson came in today for rehab and treatment and tweeted that most of the team was there lifting and studying film anyway despite being given the day off.

They are focused and hungry. Sorry for the long post, but the soundbites the media puts out there are don't give any context to this year's team and certainly haven't covered the team's motivation this year. This is the video that explains the Keep Pounding motto Sam Mills used in his speech to the team before playing Dallas in the '03-'04 playoffs

http://www.panthers.com/community/keep-pounding.html

I might be happy any way you look at it!! If Colts win Great!!! If Panthers win The saints don't get any closer to division winner!!

I can't stand the saints and the city of NO. more than I love the Colts and that's pretty bad!! So please someone win this game!!

And you better not end in a TIE!!!! :)  :angry:  :thinking:  :realitycheck:  :violin:  :worms:

I know this is off topic ... I understand not liking a certain team, but how can you not like NO the city?

We could win, if we don't dig a hole the size of the field before we decide to play right.

We've looked awful the last two weeks, but we had a chance at the Patriots (which we really shouldn't have, watching the game). I thought we might somehow pull that out until the punt heard 'round the derp.

And the Saints game, we might have won with another 5 minutes. We just can't muff punts and throw INTs like candy and miss easy tackles. 

That said, if we lose the turnover battle, I think we lose. Probably dramatically, ugly, and with a vengeance. If we keep the turnovers even, I think we can beat the Panthers. They're good on D, but their offense has sputtered at times. Of course their strength is running, and we don't exactly stop power runners. 

I know this is off topic ... I understand not liking a certain team, but how can you not like NO the city?

I wish I could talk about it here but it would take to long to share that. And they also would KICK me off this Forum. Really. 

Only thing good about it if I could even say something good about it since I'm a musician is the music???? But I get even that

outside the city and don't need the city. Period............. Which I could say more... not really.. Funny part is I work for N.O. but in another city, go figure.  :)

I agree with Phil.  We must win the turnover battle to have a chance.  However, the Panthers are tied for 5th with a  +4  differential while the Colts are 31st with a  -8  differential.  Very bad news for the Horseshoes.   Next hurdle is penalties.  With have 5th most in the NFL, and Panthers have the 3rd least.  We must clean up those penalties and win the TO battle. 

A good amount due of the above, then Panthers have the 5th best point differential (+52) and 8.7 points per game advantage average.  The Colts are #23rd with a -27 differential and net  -3.9 per game.

If we win TO battle, and are about even in penalties, I expected we could sneak out a 24 - 20 nail biter win.  It we lose TO battle and commit many more penalties, as above stats show we easily could, then we will likely lose 31-21, and one of those TD's will be in garbage time, game not as close as the score.

We must get / play better.  We are better than this.  (I'd also like Chud to spell Pep from O formulating game plans and the play calling too).

It's going to be ugly. Going into their house on a Monday night against one of the best if not the best LB units, top it off with a really good QB that can run the option. I agree with a few of the other posts, I think this game will cost JOBS, although the embarrassment from Sunday should've cost jobs. This game will be over by mid 2nd quarter. Colts-10 Panthers-38.

I agree with Phil.  We must win the turnover battle to have a chance.  However, the Panthers are tied for 5th with a  +4  differential while the Colts are 31st with a  -8  differential.  Very bad news for the Horseshoes.   Next hurdle is penalties.  With have 5th most in the NFL, and Panthers have the 3rd least.  We must clean up those penalties and win the TO battle. 

A good amount due of the above, then Panthers have the 5th best point differential (+52) and 8.7 points per game advantage average.  The Colts are #23rd with a -27 differential and net  -3.9 per game.

If we win TO battle, and are about even in penalties, I expected we could sneak out a 24 - 20 nail biter win.  It we lose TO battle and commit many more penalties, as above stats show we easily could, then we will likely lose 31-21, and one of those TD's will be in garbage time, game not as close as the score.

We must get / play better.  We are better than this.  (I'd also like Chud to spell Pep from O formulating game plans and the play calling too).

Panthers were -2 in turnover ratio in both the road game in Seattle and vs. Eagles yet still won.

If you've got a stud MLB to control the middle run and fast OLB to contain outside runs, plus a good safety for Olsen (Adams?), you could have some success. CB Davis is definitely capable of a pick if he doesn't give up a longball downfield to Ginn. All irrelevant if you can't put together a good running game. How good are your O and D-lines?

There's a reason they are 6-0 and there are many reasons we are 3-4.  Our coaching is horrendous (Pat-on-the-back horrendous), QB continues struggles, we get gashed on the ground, no pass rush, defense,,,,,,meh?    Matador O-line.

Unless something changes fast and hard, we are going to get our heads kicked in.

I know the Panthers well since that is all I hear where I live.  If Carolina plays their game we will get beat.  If they look past us for some reason we may have a chance.  The Panthers defense is special and their running game is tough to stop.  I could see Andrew getting hit a bunch in this game.  

We...win?

I'm trying to hold on to hope.

Good fans do. Went thru it last year. Panthers were 3-8-1 after a tie and 6 game losing streak. 4 games later we're 7-8-1 and division champs. #KeepPounding (please wait until next week, tho)

At the rate Indy has played...:

Cam have 300+ passing/100+ yard running, 4 total TD day.

Gore has  86 yards in the first half, then carries it 2 times in the second half for 98 yards total. 

Colts have 1 half where they look great and score 20-24 points...but lucky to get 3 in the other half.

so..at that rate...Indy looses atleast 24-28.