Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

I'm that all that confident Luck will even play Sunday. Even if he does ...it won't matter . Just listened to the guys on the NFL network saying "it wouldn't surprise me if Tom Brady threw for 600 yards." Went on to add that he will be really mad cause the Colts "snitched" on him. Lord....

Yeah, saw the same thing. I don't put a whole lot of stock in that 'extra motivation' angle. Football is about execution. You can't just steamroll another team just because you want to. 

Not only that, but I don't understand the whole 'snitch' angle, either. Petty, if nothing else.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm that all that confident Luck will even play Sunday. Even if he does ...it won't matter . Just listened to the guys on the NFL network saying "it wouldn't surprise me if Tom Brady threw for 600 yards." Went on to add that he will be really mad cause the Colts "snitched" on him. Lord....

He could just take his ball and go home.

Yeah, saw the same thing. I don't put a whole lot of stock in that 'extra motivation' angle. Football is about execution. You can't just steamroll another team just because you want to. 

Not only that, but I don't understand the whole 'snitch' angle, either. Petty, if nothing else.

What I don't get is all the talking heads saying Brady and the Pats are mad and motivated.

The Colts aren't?

I don't think past matchups determine what happens in future matchups. Just because the Colts haven't played well in the past doesn't mean they never will. All the Colts need to do to have more success is play better. And on paper, the Colts have a better rushing attack and a deeper and more diverse receiving corps than they have in the past, so theoretically, playing better is a distinct possibility. 

That may all be well and good. I'm only saying that I can't see any scenario where the Patriots do not win this game, purely from a talent standpoint. The score may be debatable, but I can't see the Colts winning this game. That's even throwing aside all the other stuff and the fact Brady and Co. will want to embarrass you guys at home. The Patriots are just too tough.

What I don't get is all the talking heads saying Brady and the Pats are mad and motivated.

The Colts aren't?

Yeah, the Colts have lost to this team four times in a row, each one worse and more meaningful than the last. The Colts would have just as much motivation to beat the Patriots, and any fervor would only be turned up by the home fans.

To me, though, it doesn't matter. The game is played between the lines. All these headlines and talking points and emails and the Wells' report and whatnot won't decide this game.

Yeah, the Colts have lost to this team four times in a row, each one worse and more meaningful than the last. The Colts would have just as much motivation to beat the Patriots, and any fervor would only be turned up by the home fans.

To me, though, it doesn't matter. The game is played between the lines. All these headlines and talking points and emails and the Wells' report and whatnot won't decide this game.

Hopefully Vinatieri will.  :td:    That's my dream and I'm sticking to it.

That may all be well and good. I'm only saying that I can't see any scenario where the Patriots do not win this game, purely from a talent standpoint. The score may be debatable, but I can't see the Colts winning this game. That's even throwing aside all the other stuff and the fact Brady and Co. will want to embarrass you guys at home. The Patriots are just too tough.

You can talk gut feeling and intuition. I'm talking football.

If anything, over arousal can be problematic.

You might want to record it, and then decide after the fact if you want to watch it.   :P

It was no doubt for the not too bright.

You might want to record it, and then decide after the fact if you want to watch it.   :P

LOL. They will have to lock me up and throw away the key for me to miss this game. I said before the season, if Patriots win only one game this year, this will be the game. Now that they are 4-0 and getting ready to roll, I haven't been this excited about a game since the Super Bowl.

Xs and Os.. football. I think Patriots win going away. We are looking at the same set of numbers/stats. If we come to a different conclusion, so be it.

You haven't done a lot of talking about X's and O's, or numbers and stats, but nonetheless, we're obviously on opposite sides of the table here. That's fine.

Don't you think they come out blazing every game? Lol if either team has additional motivation it MAY be the pats with the hole team saying "we got win this one for Brady to show the league/world" yaaa yada from the fiasco this off season?

If any team has extra motivation to win this one its the Colts.... 0 - 4 in a row..... and twice knocked us out of the playoffs in the last two years.... Also, none of those 4 games have even been close... This has been a monkey on the Colt's backs for quite a while now.... 

LOL. They will have to lock me up and throw away the key for me to miss this game. I said before the season, if Patriots win only one game this year, this will be the game. Now that they are 4-0 and getting ready to roll, I haven't been this excited about a game since the Super Bowl.

What's to be excited about? It's shooting fish in a barrel.

It's not even worth watching if they throw Andrew out there at less than 100% to embarrass himself and throw 3 or 4 picks.

8:30 EST NBC - Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

over-under: 54.5

Tom Brady (116 of 160, 1,387 - 11 TDs) has not thrown an interception all season.

WR Julian Edelman has 34 catches for 377 yards

TE - Rob Gronkowski has 20 catches fior 375 yards.

Patriots defense has 16 sacks and six interceptions in 4 games

Colts get back QB Andrew Luck (65 of 116, 753 yards, 5 Tds, 7 INTs - 3 games)

HB Frank Gore has 76 carries for 325 yards.

WR - TY Hilton has 27 catches for 382 yards

Colts are allowing 398 yards per game and has lost 13 turnovers

Safety Mike Adams has 3 interceptions

NE OT Nate Solder is out for the year..

....NE's numbers defensively are a little padded because they've faced bad QBs since opening night.

Colts 3 wins are all by 7 points or less..

The 'under' is a good bet...as NE's offense takes a hit with a shuffle in the )-line

Take the Pats to win but the Colts to cover.....10 points..not a lot to ask..

Colts O line v Pats D line -- pats D line has been one of the better pass rushes in the league and the colts have given up decent pressure to lesser D fronts.. Adv Pats

Colts wr v pats CB -- no contest the Colts WR on paper are better. Adv -- Colts

Colts TE v Pats LB -- Collins is a very good cover corner and the colts do not seem use their TE SO MUCH LOL.. Edge Pats

Pats O line v colts D line --- Pats have given up few sacks outside of last Sunday in the first half and the colts have had minimal pressure all year -- edge Pats

Pats WR v Colts CB -- this one is hard to judge because Davis on Edelman be the major one to watch. If Davis struggles like he did last week then adv Pats but he is an excellent cb so I am unsure which one shows up.

Pats TE v Colts LB -- this is a no brainier Gronk is a game changer and always gets the check here.

Luck/Hasselback v Brady -- intangibles like QB reading D, audibles etc edge --pats

Coaches -- would anyone not say BB is the better of the two

Colts O line v Pats D line -- pats D line has been one of the better pass rushes in the league and the colts have given up decent pressure to lesser D fronts.. Adv Pats

Colts wr v pats CB -- no contest the Colts WR on paper are better. Adv -- Colts

Colts TE v Pats LB -- Collins is a very good cover corner and the colts do not seem use their TE SO MUCH LOL.. Edge Pats

Pats O line v colts D line --- Pats have given up few sacks outside of last Sunday in the first half and the colts have had minimal pressure all year -- edge Pats

Pats WR v Colts CB -- this one is hard to judge because Davis on Edelman be the major one to watch. If Davis struggles like he did last week then adv Pats but he is an excellent cb so I am unsure which one shows up.

Pats TE v Colts LB -- this is a no brainier Gronk is a game changer and always gets the check here.

Luck/Hasselback v Brady -- intangibles like QB reading D, audibles etc edge --pats

Coaches -- would anyone not say BB is the better of the two

Merged.

The Colts have UMaine Black Bear connections! Nice!

• Colts offensive quality control coach Frank Giufre wore multiple hats as the run game coordinator/offensive line/tight ends coach at Maine from 2007-2011.
  • Colts offensive line coach Joe Gilbert coached the offensive line at Maine from 1994-95 before being promoted to the role of offensive coordinator, which he held from 1996-99.
  • Colts defensive line coach Gary Emanuel is a native of New London, Conn., and attended Plymouth State University. His first coaching job was at his alma mater, where he coached the offensive line in 1981 before being promoted to offensive coordinator/offensive line coach in 1982. He held the position for two years and moved on to coach the defensive line at West Chester University from 1985-86. Emanuel left West Chester the following season to coach outside linebackers at Maine, a position he held from 1986- 88. His final coaching role in the New England area was at Dartmouth, where he coached the defensive line from 1988-91.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/10/13/game-preview-patriots-travel-indianapolis-take-colts

This post is the most big-headed I have ever seen from any fan........ *

Sure, the Patriots are a great team, Bill Bellichick is one of, if not the GOAT coaches and Tom Brady is a machine, but to say what you have said above is ridiculous..... How about if Tom Brady gets injured before the game in practice or even during, still think the Pats win? I'd have serious doubt that the Pats would even be competitive in the game in that scenario...

Edited by Nadine

You can't see any scenario?  The Colts play better than the Patriots is one.  The Pats have a bad game plan is two.  Someone gets injured is three.

Any given Sunday, as they say.  Or, as we saw last night, any given Thursday night.

This post is the most big-headed I have ever seen from any fan........ Is your fandom really so up  Tom's rear-end that you cannot see how ridiculous you sound? 

Sure, the Patriots are a great team, Bill Bellichick is one of, if not the GOAT coaches and Tom Brady is a machine, but to say what you have said above is ridiculous..... How about if Tom Brady gets injured before the game in practice or even during, still think the Pats win? I'd have serious doubt that the Pats would even be competitive in the game in that scenario...

Your last statement ties the post you quoted for "big-headedness".

what makes you say that?

I wasn't saying because I think the Colts are so amazing, I meant because there is a huge drop-off going from Brady to Garropolo....

Luck has not played especially well, and is still not certain to play. What is so amazing about the Colts that losing Brady would make the Patriots not able to even compete with the Colts? 

Luck has not played especially well, and is still not certain to play. What is so amazing about the Colts that losing Brady would make the Patriots not able to even compete with the Colts? 

The Patriots weren't looking too sharp heading into and out of week 4 last season either.... Look what happened there. The difference between what I said and what furi0usbee said is this:

He said He couldnt even see a scenario where the Pats dont win this game... Which is just outright arrogance and ridiculous...

said I doubt the pats would be competitive without Brady. You'll notice i gave props to Bellichick and Brady and the Pats in general before I said that, indicating that even without Brady, it's still a good team with the potential to be competitive, it's just if thrust into a position without Brady, especially so close to game time, i doubt it would be anything like with him in there.....

8:30 EST NBC - Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

over-under: 54.5

Tom Brady (116 of 160, 1,387 - 11 TDs) has not thrown an interception all season.

WR Julian Edelman has 34 catches for 377 yards

TE - Rob Gronkowski has 20 catches fior 375 yards.

Patriots defense has 16 sacks and six interceptions in 4 games

Colts get back QB Andrew Luck (65 of 116, 753 yards, 5 Tds, 7 INTs - 3 games)

HB Frank Gore has 76 carries for 325 yards.

WR - TY Hilton has 27 catches for 382 yards

Colts are allowing 398 yards per game and has lost 13 turnovers

Safety Mike Adams has 3 interceptions

NE OT Nate Solder is out for the year..

....NE's numbers defensively are a little padded because they've faced bad QBs since opening night.

Colts 3 wins are all by 7 points or less..

The 'under' is a good bet...as NE's offense takes a hit with a shuffle in the )-line

Take the Pats to win but the Colts to cover.....10 points..not a lot to ask..

I would say you're probably correct!

That was a great read. I think with Brady early on he was very clutch in terms of playing good situational football. When I look back to that 2001 team, there is no way they should have won the SB. But the team gelled at the right moment and Brady had his best performances in the big moments that year especially in the post-season. I do think it is difficult to compare the game from 15 years ago to today but Belichick's comment on Phil Simms was surprising. I did not realize he felt like Simms was such a good Qb.