Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long methodical drives. 

Employ the same strategy they used to do to us.....keep their QB* off the field. 

Let's get some no huddle in there. 

Throw to the RB, slant to AJ, use the TE over the middle, screens! 

They'll double TY, so Moncrief should be utilized more. 

You listening Pep? 

Is Luck going to play?  What's everyone think?  I know Irsay said he would barring not set backs but Pagano "had supreme confidence" he would play the last two.  I read Gregg Doyel doesn't think he'll play(I take that with a grain of salt tho).  We need Andrew to have any sort of a chance in this game.

This post is the most big-headed I have ever seen from any fan........ Is your fandom really so up  Tom's rear-end that you cannot see how ridiculous you sound? 

Sure, the Patriots are a great team, Bill Bellichick is one of, if not the GOAT coaches and Tom Brady is a machine, but to say what you have said above is ridiculous..... How about if Tom Brady gets injured before the game in practice or even during, still think the Pats win? I'd have serious doubt that the Pats would even be competitive in the game in that scenario...

It may sound big-headed, but it's true. I see NO WAY ON EARTH the Patriots lose this game. It's my opinion, and yours may vary. But looking at what both teams have done, are doing, and the history, etc. If you guys pull off a win, I'll come back here and take my lumps and say how wrong I was. But unless they miss their flight, I can't see anything other than a victory.

It would be very different if Luck was lighting up the field but he is not and this team like the Pats, is too heavily dependent on their QB-we learned that when Peyton sat out one season did we not?? If Luck remains in this mediocre state we are in trouble. Hopefully this will pass.

You can't see any scenario?  The Colts play better than the Patriots is one.  The Pats have a bad game plan is two.  Someone gets injured is three.

Any given Sunday, as they say.  Or, as we saw last night, any given Thursday night.

There are hundreds of scenarios. I'm saying I see none of them *happening* Sunday night.

Is Luck going to play?  What's everyone think?  I know Irsay said he would barring not set backs but Pagano "had supreme confidence" he would play the last two.  I read Gregg Doyel doesn't think he'll play(I take that with a grain of salt tho).  We need Andrew to have any sort of a chance in this game.

Luck has been "limited" in practice hasn't he? If he's still limited, I wouldn't think he would play (just my opinion). The game is in a couple of days.

I think we would need Luck near 100% (at least injury relative to his shoulder) to give us any chance. If you could measure him with some magical meter and he was at 75%, I'd let him sit.

That was a great read. I think with Brady early on he was very clutch in terms of playing good situational football. When I look back to that 2001 team, there is no way they should have won the SB. But the team gelled at the right moment and Brady had his best performances in the big moments that year especially in the post-season. I do think it is difficult to compare the game from 15 years ago to today but Belichick's comment on Phil Simms was surprising. I did not realize he felt like Simms was such a good Qb.

The Patriots had the benefit of seeing how that story ends, and it ends very well. Luck may very well turn around and he has the skills to be a top-tier QB. For the last couple years now, sports writers have been eager to put him on par with Brady/Rodgers, and certainly he is not there yet. Outside looking in, he makes too many dumb mistakes with the football, and rather than eating a ball or throwing it away, he tries to make plays that are dead, and throws some of the worst INTs of any "star" QB I've seen.

I've always said this. Down by 3, and with 2 minutes left, is there any another QB you would want running your offense? Like amfootball said, even Madden wanted Patriots to just run the clock out and go into OT. He had no faith in Brady, and why should he, he was an unknown in such pressure situations.

If I'm building a team for the future, of course I would take Rodgers. If I want a QB who can win me a playoff game when the game is on the line, I'm taking Brady. I have no problem living and dying with Brady in a big game. Luck can get there someday, but he's not there yet.

It would be very different if Luck was lighting up the field but he is not and this team like the Pats, is too heavily dependent on their QB-we learned that when Peyton sat out one season did we not?? If Luck remains in this mediocre state we are in trouble. Hopefully this will pass.

I wonder what's causing it though? Is it coaching? To much pressure for him to always be on his A game? What?

He has amazing ability and some decent parts around him. But I also didn't understand the colts picking up a RB in Gore witha lot of mileage on those legs and an aging WR in Johnson. Those moves would have made sense for a team with an older QB like a Manning or a Breese witha must win now mentality. But that's just me. :)

I think we will win this game. We need a break out game to show the NFL the we r still contenders and I think this game will be the one that shows we r. Just my 2 cent

I like the positive attitude. :)

I am going to keep thinking that way until if/when I am proven wrong.

Long methodical drives. 

Employ the same strategy they used to do to us.....keep their QB* off the field. 

Let's get some no huddle in there. 

Throw to the RB, slant to AJ, use the TE over the middle, screens! 

They'll double TY, so Moncrief should be utilized more. 

You listening Pep? 

Uhm... wut...?

Dat's a good question. What happens is the center has the ball first and the quarterback will say hike.

Lol you know what I meant.... 

He said we should try and implement long methodical drives and then 2 lines later said we should utilize the no huddle.... Those two statements really dont go together.

He said we should try and implement long methodical drives and then 2 lines later said we should utilize the no huddle.... Those two statements really dont go together.

Yeah we were on the same page man. Just adding to your point. :)

I wonder what's causing it though? Is it coaching? To much pressure for him to always be on his A game? What?

He has amazing ability and some decent parts around him. But I also didn't understand the colts picking up a RB in Gore witha lot of mileage on those legs and an aging WR in Johnson. Those moves would have made sense for a team with an older QB like a Manning or a Breese witha must win now mentality. But that's just me. :)

The Colts are "win now" because they want to put as many pieces around him while they still get him at a cut price over the next two years. That's why.

That may all be well and good. I'm only saying that I can't see any scenario where the Patriots do not win this game, purely from a talent standpoint. The score may be debatable, but I can't see the Colts winning this game. That's even throwing aside all the other stuff and the fact Brady and Co. will want to embarrass you guys at home. The Patriots are just too tough.

Talent wise, the do Patriots have an edge overall. But not by all that much, I don't think. I think their bigger edge is in preparation and  coaching. I'm not saying that to rag on Pep/Pagano or anyone in particular, it's just that I think Belichick is the best in the business. He's always got some creative ways to expose other teams weaknesses. And the offensive play calling, the way the Patriots wide receivers have always caught the ball with so much space around them all season long... That's why Brady hasn't thrown any interceptions. Half the time there's no one within 5 yards of the guy who he's throwing to, they absolutely rack up YAC and teams can't figure out how to cover these guys. 

I give the Colts, maybe somewhere around a 20 - 25% chance of winning on Sunday.

Ummmm wut? Cmon man. 

No huddle is used so D can't sub out players, and still take off clock while you dink and dunk. <- which takes a while to move down field. Plus you don't have to use it the entire drive. 

Hum - the Colts will hardly be a pushover at home coming off a mini bye. Am I the only who thinks the Colts have the talent to beat anyone? Most know this, but he betting line fluctuates with the bets - Vegas want equal money bet on both teams and if everyone bets on New England, the spread increases to entice money toward Colts.

Whatever all these crazy people say. Yeah I know there is past history, but I just don't think we fear them very much.

That's the general spirit I pick up from the team.  I'm expecting us to play very well in this one.  There's just too much

disrespect going on.  Too much disrespect!

Uhm... wut...?

Dat's a good question. What happens is the center has the ball first and the quarterback will say hike.

Umm, you can have long methodical drives while running the no huddle.  Manning was great and running the no huddle and taking the play clock down to 1 or 2 before calling for the ball.

No huddle does not have to be used for up tempo, long plays'short drives, it can be used to just the the same defense on the field.

Is Luck going to play? What's everyone think? I know Irsay said he would barring not set backs but Pagano "had supreme confidence" he would play the last two. I read Gregg Doyel doesn't think he'll play(I take that with a grain of salt tho). We need Andrew to have any sort of a chance in this game.

He's gonna play. If he wasn't we would have signed a QB today before practice

Talent wise, the do Patriots have an edge overall. But not by all that much, I don't think. I think their bigger edge is in preparation and  coaching. I'm not saying that to rag on Pep/Pagano or anyone in particular, it's just that I think Belichick is the best in the business. He's always got some creative ways to expose other teams weaknesses. And the offensive play calling, the way the Patriots wide receivers have always caught the ball with so much space around them all season long... That's why Brady hasn't thrown any interceptions. Half the time there's no one within 5 yards of the guy who he's throwing to, they absolutely rack up YAC and teams can't figure out how to cover these guys. 

I give the Colts, maybe somewhere around a 20 - 25% chance of winning on Sunday.

I'm trying to work with you here......I can't think of a single advantage the Colts might have Sunday

The Patriots had the benefit of seeing how that story ends, and it ends very well. Luck may very well turn around and he has the skills to be a top-tier QB. For the last couple years now, sports writers have been eager to put him on par with Brady/Rodgers, and certainly he is not there yet. Outside looking in, he makes too many dumb mistakes with the football, and rather than eating a ball or throwing it away, he tries to make plays that are dead, and throws some of the worst INTs of any "star" QB I've seen.

I've always said this. Down by 3, and with 2 minutes left, is there any another QB you would want running your offense? Like amfootball said, even Madden wanted Patriots to just run the clock out and go into OT. He had no faith in Brady, and why should he, he was an unknown in such pressure situations.

If I'm building a team for the future, of course I would take Rodgers. If I want a QB who can win me a playoff game when the game is on the line, I'm taking Brady. I have no problem living and dying with Brady in a big game. Luck can get there someday, but he's not there yet.

I was actually surprised that Brady's numbers were slightly better than Luck's after 51 games. Goes to show you how good of a passer Brady was back then especially under the old rules.

You are right. Every single QB gets compared to Brady. His story is so unique and we have the benefit of hindsight as well. This will continue long after he is retired as he is the benchmark for greatness in the modern era.

Stephen A Smith says 37-21 Pats. Skip wants 60-0 LOL (man he hates the Colts) but he says it will be 27-21 Pats. Wow! He seems scared all of the sudden of Andrew. He just doesn't want to look bad if it's close or the Colts win IMO.

He actually likes the Colts. He just doesn't like Andrew Luck. haha oh well. That's what he's paid to do!

I'll take the under. Defenses show up this game. Colts offense will be out of sync with Luck back at QB. Patriots will try and force things.

I'm not a doctor/trainer, but from what we saw at #colts practice, Andrew Luck looks ready to go. Better zip on passes.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

October 16, 2015

Per Mike Chappell via Twitter:

"I'm not a doctor/trainer, but from what we saw at Colts practice, Andrew Luck looks ready to go. Better zip on passes."

I'm not a doctor/trainer, but from what we saw at #colts practice, Andrew Luck looks ready to go. Better zip on passes.

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

October 16, 2015

Per Mike Chappell via Twitter:

"I'm not a doctor/trainer, but from what we saw at Colts practice, Andrew Luck looks ready to go. Better zip on passes."

I seen that too. Great news.

This post is the most big-headed I have ever seen from any fan........ Is your fandom really so up  Tom's rear-end that you cannot see how ridiculous you sound? 

No, not all of us are like furi0usbee, who is essentially gloating in an opposing team's space and trying to pass it off as football talk. 

Hello Colts fans, good luck on Sunday (well not really), but let's hope for a safe game with no injuries.  I personally think the Pats will likely STEAMROLL the Colts maybe like 65-17, but I understand the Any Given Sunday philosophy.  Nothing personal, it's just the Scorched Earth Tour 2015 for Bill, Tommy B, and the boys.

Now, how has Andrew Luck looked this week? I know he's been injured. I hope he plays, he's a great QB.