Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...NFL Network guys think that if Luck plays it will be a typical NE blowout of the Colts, just more of the same...but if Hasselbeck plays it will be closer with the short passing and more running.  One interesting comment was that Hasselbeck spreads the ball around better than Luck because Matt 'sees the field' better than Andrew and is better at selecting his receivers because of his experience having 'seen everything many times in his career'.

...interesting

I honestly feel like I'm living in an alternate universe when I hear Colts fans complain about pick-plays. Peyton Manning led offenses do it on every single play and I've never heard an ounce of complaining from anyone about that before.

This. Colts did (and still do) this all the time.

Broncos do this virtually every play.

But those big, bad Patriots! Can't do anything but pick!

Both of these statements are factually incorrect.  

Having said that, Colts fans should not complain about pick plays other than the Colts do not run them often enough.

I honestly feel like I'm living in an alternate universe when I hear Colts fans complain about pick-plays. Peyton Manning led offenses do it on every single play and I've never heard an ounce of complaining from anyone about that before.

Welker was picking Talib which injured him and took him out of the game in the AFCCG two years ago.

For my psyche I want McAfee to start at QB, use 3 TE 2 RB sets and run the ball down the Pats throat all game.....Gore and Bradshaw each getting a buck thirty oughta do it.....but then reality gets in the way.....so if were gonna pick, lets also roll to victory over the Pats... 

Hmmmm...NFL Network guys think that if Luck plays it will be a typical NE blowout of the Colts, just more of the same...but if Hasselbeck plays it will be closer with the short passing and more running.  One interesting comment was that Hasselbeck spreads the ball around better than Luck because Matt 'sees the field' better than Andrew and is better at selecting his receivers because of his experience having 'seen everything many times in his career'.

...interesting

Just an obvious truth. Andrew has a limited arsenal of throws he likes to use.

To slow of a thinker post snap, and he just doesn`t get throwing the ball low when needed. Bizzare IMO.

I maybe crazy, but not sure talent wise why the Patriots are supposed to destroy the Colts.  The Patriots are not as talented as they were last year.  The Colts are more talented than they were last year.  Matchup wish, our DLine should do good against their Oline.  They have Gronk and Edelman but not much else other than Lewis out of backfiend.  And defensively, they have a suspect run defense and their secondary isn't great.  I know they have destroyed teams this year and they might destroy the Colts again.  But I think if so that has more to do with coaching.  I don't think they have more talent.  I think the Colts play a gameplan like they did against Houston and Mathis plays more snaps, I really think we can win.  We need more quick throwing and Gore running.  And no turnovers!

On a couple of different stations a bunch of guys said roughly this......

"If you're the Colts,  why play Andrew Luck and risk getting him hurt?    And for what?    You're not going to beat New England.    So, what I'd do is not play Luck and play Hasselbeck.     That way,  when the Pats win,  it takes some of satisfaction out of the victory because you beat the Colts without Luck.   But don't risk Luck's health for this game.   Hasselbeck winning two games has bought you time.   You can afford a loss.   You're going to win the division, so make sure Luck is good to go when he comes back."

That one was from Jamie Dukes,  former Falcons OL.     The other guys said roughly the same.

You can agree, or disagree,  just sharing to give you an idea of what some in the media think our game is going to look like tomorrow night.

We are the longest of long shots........

Just saying....

Some Indianapolis Colts fans are about to do something really dumb — perhaps wasting a lot of money in the process — in hopes of rattling quarterback Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. They are going to fly a giant blimp around Lucas Oil stadium with the "#DeflateThisBrady". 

​I for one am not onboard with this plan.

1. Lucas Oil Stadium is a dome stadium....who knows if it will be open or not. Brady will have a hard time seeing that if the stadium is closed

2. Pats have hung at least 42 points on the Colts each of the last four times they’ve played, and that New England has outscored Indianapolis 189-73 in those games. What if Tom and the hoodie got so * that they decide to run up the score even more intense than before...I don't want to see a score of 70-21 beatdown. 

On the bright side, this game is probably the most hype up game for the Colts this season. I am pump for this!!!! What are y'all thoughts? I know Colts fans are going to be divided on this matter.  

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/10/colts-fans-plan-to-taunt-tom-brady-patriots-in-dumbest-way-imaginable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=43&v=c_cVcxhzAv0

The Blimp has been cancelled

espn and nfln are completely clowning us and I love it. no one is gonna us a chance and they shouldnt. pats are hot and we're colder then a super model getting hit on by a dork. not to mention our best player has not only struggled this year, hes hurt. the defense has only 6 sacks in 5 games. we cant generate any pressure. our number one wr has zero tds this season. why the heck would anyone choose us to win? I honestly cant say I can see the colts winning this game, but I believe they can as well if that makes any sense 

espn and nfln are completely clowning us and I love it. no one is gonna us a chance and they shouldnt. pats are hot and we're colder then a super model getting hit on by a dork. not to mention our best player has not only struggled this year, hes hurt. the defense has only 6 sacks in 5 games. we cant generate any pressure. our number one wr has zero tds this season. why the heck would anyone choose us to win? I honestly cant say I can see the colts winning this game, but I believe they can as well if that makes any sense

Makes sense to me. The more they get built up the harder they'll fall "IF" they lose. I'm crazy excited for tomorrow!

And so it begins.......

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" this Colts vs Pats rivalry will never diminish, die, or fade away in intensity...

Colts need to go into the Pats game with this mindset:

"Network" is an exceptional movie Jules. One of SW1's personal favorites, but I digress. We didn't cause Deflate Gate Brady & if you would have clarified your press conference remarks, the scope of this ordeal would have ended much, much sooner....

it'll probably be the worst beating a colts team has ever suffered

If a person thinks they will perish tomorrow, they will find a way to make it happen. I know how well coached NE is & how smart Brady is, but why capitulate now? Let's just line & play shall we...

I hate stories like this. Just execute on the field & don't engage in foolishness like this. 

The wife (from LA) has insisted that we go on a two week trip to New England to see the sites and foliage. I actually think we will be in Boston on the 18th. I will proudly be wearing my Pat McAfee jersey at whatever sports bar I can find for the game.

If you don't hear from me again it's been an honor being part of the Colts fan family.

We depart on Monday, wish me luck....and tell Nadine I love her.

Boy-Scout-salute.jpg

Boston is a spectacular historical city. Enjoy your trip Scooter! Not all NE fans are evil. All kidding aside, if you do disappear mysteriously, it was nice knowing you. Just joking! 

Yeah I'm not for this at all.  Brady will probably throw for 400 yards on this D if they can manage to stop the run.  The team needs to improve substantially within the next 9-10 days. 

I guess if you look at it from an overall standpoint, Brady is going to be determined to dominate the Colts.  This probably won't affect him at all.  This next streak of games is going to be incredibly difficult for this team if they don't improve drastically soon.  That being said I still expect the playoffs for the Colts. 

Uh huh. I don't have a good feeling about this game either M-432. I'm not rooting against Chewbacca & my Colts, but Collins & Jones won't give Andrew a lot of time to throw the ball. Gotta get Gore touches early along with our TEs. I'm not boasting; I'm not bragging. I'm just remaining silent & seeing what happens on Sunday night. Contain Edelman please; Easier said than done. I know. 

On a couple of different stations a bunch of guys said roughly this......

"If you're the Colts,  why play Andrew Luck and risk getting him hurt?    And for what?    You're not going to beat New England.    So, what I'd do is not play Luck and play Hasselbeck.     That way,  when the Pats win,  it takes some of satisfaction out of the victory because you beat the Colts without Luck.   But don't risk Luck's health for this game.   Hasselbeck winning two games has bought you time.   You can afford a loss.   You're going to win the division, so make sure Luck is good to go when he comes back."

That one was from Jamie Dukes,  former Falcons OL.     The other guys said roughly the same.

You can agree, or disagree,  just sharing to give you an idea of what some in the media think our game is going to look like tomorrow night.

We are the longest of long shots........

Just saying....

Honestly, I don't get that mentality at all. I can assure the Pats would be thrilled to see Hasselbeck instead of Luck. They want to win, period. It is week 6 and this is a huge conference game on the road. A win here is vital to HFA. There is no such thing as a lack luster win. Perhaps the fans would be disappointed but by next week it will be Jets week and the game will be in the rear view mirror. IF the Colts feel Luck is not healthy than sit him, otherwise they have to play him. You don't concede anything in this game IMO.

Honestly, I don't get that mentality at all. I can assure the Pats would be thrilled to see Hasselbeck instead of Luck. They want to win, period. It is week 6 and this is a huge conference game on the road. A win here is vital to HFA. There is no such thing as a lack luster win. Perhaps the fans would be disappointed but by next week it will be Jets week and the game will be in the rear view mirror. IF the Colts feel Luck is not healthy than sit him, otherwise they have to play him. You don't concede anything in this game IMO.

Speaking only from a Colts perspective.......

The Colts can win the AFC South without beating the Pats Sunday night.      The Colts can lose this coming game and still have a good season.

But if Luck plays,  the Colts risk the rest of the season if he gets hurt worse trying to beat the Pats.      That's not good.

Look.....    if Luck is healthy,  my instincts say he's playing.        But if he's not,  then as a Luck fan and a Colts fan,  I'm fine sitting him another week.

Speaking only from a Colts perspective.......

The Colts can win the AFC South without beating the Pats Sunday night.      The Colts can lose this coming game and still have a good season.

But if Luck plays,  the Colts risk the rest of the season if he gets hurt worse trying to beat the Pats.      That's not good.

Look.....    if Luck is healthy,  my instincts say he's playing.        But if he's not,  then as a Luck fan and a Colts fan,  I'm fine sitting him another week.

I understand the reasoning behind letting Matthew run the show this week vs Andrew NCF, but here's the problem with that stance: Even if we win the AFC South easily this year, INDY is bound to see NE on a collision course again & QBs never grow, adapt, & improve on the sidelines. It's like driving ed from the back seat. A useless exercise. Put Andrew out there & if we lose we lose, but he's had time off for a couple of weeks now, & even in defeat Andrew gains experience against NE's LBs, safeties, & CBs. 

Luck's gotta suit up & play ball just to see if he can learn to throw fewer picks, gain more completions, & be more patient as the game progresses. No Hasselbeck. It's Luck or forget it. Baptism by fire is the only way to go unless INDY's medical staff sits him down on purpose that is. 

if im pagano, this is what I would tell langford parry and anderson, "you guys wanna be superstars, you want recongization, you want people outside of indy to know your names, well then stop the run vs the pats because I guarantee you win lose or draw they will be talking about how two rookies and a guy no one thought was any good stop the pats from running the football"

I can't believe how large the vegas line is. unbelievable for an NFL game and especially for two power-house teams like the Colts and Patriots. I'd like to know who installed that line.

It opened at what, 7.5?

The fact that it's so high shows that most people are heavily betting on the Patriots.

Odds simply follow the money.

Semi on topic....just got home from an evening downtown with the wife. Noticed a lot of Pats fans out and about. And they were mostly drunk, loud, and shouting about how the Colts were going to get crushed tomorrow. I know not to judge a fan base by the actions of a few, but man it was annoying, in MY CITY. I hope like hell we shock everyone and send these guys home with a big fat LOSS

As a colts fan, this would be one of the more satisfying wins in several years. Literally nobody expects us to even keep it close (hell neither do I) or to win it. The colts would pretty much shock the world if we pull this win off. I hope Luck plays a hell of a game tomorrow night and that our D line shuts that run game down and with Cole Mathis and Newsome hitting Brady some. Go colts!

I understand the reasoning behind letting Matthew run the show this week vs Andrew NCF, but here's the problem with that stance: Even if we win the AFC South easily this year, INDY is bound to see NE on a collision course again & QBs never grow, adapt, & improve on the sidelines. It's like driving ed from the back seat. A useless exercise. Put Andrew out there & if we lose we lose, but he's had time off for a couple of weeks now, & even in defeat Andrew gains experience against NE's LBs, safeties, & CBs. 

Luck's gotta suit up & play ball just to see if he can learn to throw fewer picks, gain more completions, & be more patient as the game progresses. No Hasselbeck. It's Luck or forget it. Baptism by fire is the only way to go unless INDY's medical staff sits him down on purpose that is. 

Do either of you believe Luck isn't playing this game?

I don't think past matchups determine what happens in future matchups. Just because the Colts haven't played well in the past doesn't mean they never will. All the Colts need to do to have more success is play better. And on paper, the Colts have a better rushing attack and a deeper and more diverse receiving corps than they have in the past, so theoretically, playing better is a distinct possibility.

Can't suggest that to ignorant Pats fans. It doesn't make sense to them because it's using logic.

I can't believe how much the colts are being written off. Its like we're the worst team in the league. I think we're going to shock some people tomorrow. The bar is so low, keeping it within 14 will be shocking. We have a run game, I think we can contain the run to 145 or less. Give luck a shot to win it.

So we know primary sales of Luck jerseys are in Indiana and Illinois. But where do the secondary sales come from? No where none other than New England!

Im sure they hide their love for Andrew and kiss the jersey for good Luck right before they put on their Brady jersey.

IMG_20151018_022121.jpg

Long methodical drives.

Employ the same strategy they used to do to us.....keep their QB* off the field.

Let's get some no huddle in there.

Throw to the RB, slant to AJ, use the TE over the middle, screens!

They'll double TY, so Moncrief should be utilized more.

You listening Pep?

You really think you came up with a game plan that BB couldn't spoil? Come on.

Embarrass you guys at home? Whatever. If that's the motivation; then Brady needs to grow up. Play football. Do your job. Do your best. Yes, I think the Patriots will more than likely win this game. But, I don't know that anyone needs to have a chip on their shoulder to get it done.

Brady has never said anything at all about being motivated by that. Not one soul on the Patriots have. It's the fans and media.

Both of these statements are factually incorrect.

Having said that, Colts fans should not complain about pick plays other than the Colts do not run them often enough.

I love how a lot of you do this... State that someone is wrong and then don't give one example or fact to back it up. Maybe you are wrong. Why are they wrong? Just cause you said so?