Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Patriots pre-game thread -- Week 6 (merge)

Dark_Indy

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I think pat fans like you are the minority.

I think one thing other fans should know is that up here there are fans who have known nothing but success for the Pats. Think about it if your under 26 yrs old the Pats being good is truly all you know.. Heck technically they been good since 1996 with the Tuna. Sadly a lot do not know humility..( like JJ CAN ATTEST TO LIVING THREW A 1-15 season when your greatest accomplishment was sucking just enough to lose to the Jets to get the #1 overall pick was tough to swallow)

Ok, good luck with:

Coby Fleener

Dwayne Allen

Andre Johnson

Donte Moncrief

Philip Dorsett

Ahmad Bradshaw......

oh yeah...... AND Frank Gore.

You can say that but we were all saying that to start the season and looked awful. Hopefully we change the scheme and Luck looks for everybody but we can't be overconfident about our weapons.

I'm expecting the same. I can't stand when they do that.

I honestly feel like I'm living in an alternate universe when I hear Colts fans complain about pick-plays. Peyton Manning led offenses do it on every single play and I've never heard an ounce of complaining from anyone about that before.

I honestly feel like I'm living in an alternate universe when I hear Colts fans complain about pick-plays. Peyton Manning led offenses do it on every single play and I've never heard an ounce of complaining from anyone about that before.

Though I don't remember that at all and have watched every Peyton game for the last 12 years, it is good strategy, I just find it underhanded no matter who does it.

That may all be well and good. I'm only saying that I can't see any scenario where the Patriots do not win this game, purely from a talent standpoint. The score may be debatable, but I can't see the Colts winning this game. That's even throwing aside all the other stuff and the fact Brady and Co. will want to embarrass you guys at home. The Patriots are just too tough.

Embarrass you guys at home?  Whatever.  If that's the motivation; then Brady needs to grow up.  Play football.  Do your job.  Do your best.  Yes, I think the Patriots will more than likely win this game.  But, I don't know that anyone needs to have a chip on their shoulder to get it done.

No, not all of us are like furi0usbee, who is essentially gloating in an opposing team's space and trying to pass it off as football talk. 

Not gloating. I said and have been saying that on paper, on the field, on trends, and on every metric you can use to evaluate a game, I don't see the Patriots losing this one. That is not gloating. I am being honest. I may be totally wrong and I'll have to deal with that. Nothing about the Colts worries me in terms of this game. I can't fake worry.

8:30 EST NBC - Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

over-under: 54.5

Tom Brady (116 of 160, 1,387 - 11 TDs) has not thrown an interception all season.

WR Julian Edelman has 34 catches for 377 yards

TE - Rob Gronkowski has 20 catches fior 375 yards.

Patriots defense has 16 sacks and six interceptions in 4 games

Colts get back QB Andrew Luck (65 of 116, 753 yards, 5 Tds, 7 INTs - 3 games)

HB Frank Gore has 76 carries for 325 yards.

WR - TY Hilton has 27 catches for 382 yards

Colts are allowing 398 yards per game and has lost 13 turnovers

Safety Mike Adams has 3 interceptions

NE OT Nate Solder is out for the year..

....NE's numbers defensively are a little padded because they've faced bad QBs since opening night.

Colts 3 wins are all by 7 points or less..

The 'under' is a good bet...as NE's offense takes a hit with a shuffle in the )-line

Take the Pats to win but the Colts to cover.....10 points..not a lot to ask..

Good write up! The reason I think the number is so high is because the 3 colt wins came against pretty bad teams and were squeakers ( and the Titans choked one game to ya)

That said I say Pats win and the over is a no brainier. And Pats don't cover Indy they win between by 7-9 points

Good write up! The reason I think the number is so high is because the 3 colt wins came against pretty bad teams and were squeakers ( and the Titans choked one game to ya)

That said I say Pats win and the over is a no brainier. And Pats don't cover Indy they win between by 7-9 points

That's a fair assessment.

8:30 EST NBC - Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

over-under: 54.5

Tom Brady (116 of 160, 1,387 - 11 TDs) has not thrown an interception all season.

WR Julian Edelman has 34 catches for 377 yards

TE - Rob Gronkowski has 20 catches fior 375 yards.

Patriots defense has 16 sacks and six interceptions in 4 games

Colts get back QB Andrew Luck (65 of 116, 753 yards, 5 Tds, 7 INTs - 3 games)

HB Frank Gore has 76 carries for 325 yards.

WR - TY Hilton has 27 catches for 382 yards

Colts are allowing 398 yards per game and has lost 13 turnovers

Safety Mike Adams has 3 interceptions

NE OT Nate Solder is out for the year..

....NE's numbers defensively are a little padded because they've faced bad QBs since opening night.

Colts 3 wins are all by 7 points or less..

The 'under' is a good bet...as NE's offense takes a hit with a shuffle in the )-line

Take the Pats to win but the Colts to cover.....10 points..not a lot to ask..

Apologies, I know you do great preview write ups for the games but I've merged this into the main pre-game topic to keep it fair. 

Jeff Saturday is right!

When asked about those old Colt teams beating New England:

"I think execution was the biggest key," Saturday told The Star about what enabled the Colts to overcome the Patriots on a regular basis. "You begin to realize it's not gonna be plays called, it's not gonna be gadgets, it's not gonna be any kind of trickery. It's just gonna be basic, fundamental football. It's understanding that the Patriots are going to be what they are. Understanding all of those things, that it was technically sound football, that's what got us over the edge."

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/10/16/last-colts-team-beat-patriots-very-different-seasons-edition/73943828/

And the above is what will get the 2015 Colts past the Patriots too.  Basic Sound Fundamental Football

Reponse to merged thread on what Colts need to do to beat N.E.

I think Colts will do a better job against the N.E. run game this time around.  Anderson, Parra and Lankford should make a difference.  We're likely not getting to their quarterback very often with our anemic pass rush.  He will kill the blitz and gets rid of the ball too fast.  On passing downs, the Colts need to mix in some 3-2-6 defensive looks and utilize  tight bump and run coverage on the N.E. receivers.  Gotta be physical with them.  We need to be solid in our tackling and not beat ourselves with stupid penalties.  Dallas implemented the 3-2-6 scheme last week and had some success befuddling N.E. with it.  Sure N.E. still scored 30+ but that's better than 45 - 50+.   On a good day maybe our offense can match points with them if the ball game is played around 30+ points.

Offensively, control the ball and clock by running with Gore & Bradshaw.  Use a game management approach similar to the approach used by Hasselbeck by mixing in the short passing routes. If the run game is going pretty good, we can hit deep plays to T.Y. or Dorsett even Moncrief or Fleener off of playaction.

Play with fire and pride.  We have just as much reason to be craving revenge as N.E. does...if not more.  N.E. is in our house...we should not allow them to be the more emotional team.  Home crowd needs to set an atmosphere that will have the Colts even more fired up!

These media types are acting as if the Colts are going to come out on the field bending over with their pants half way down while N.E. comes out with wooden paddles ready to extract revenge. Colts are the ones who should be out for blood.  I hope they come out and play like it Sunday night.  Time to make a statement that this team will not be bullied by that team any more.  Hit em back in the mouth.

These media types are acting as if the Colts are going to come out on the field bending over with their pants half way down while N.E. comes out with wooden paddles ready to extract revenge. Colts are the ones who should be out for blood. I hope they come out and play like it Sunday night. Time to make a statement that this team will not be bullied by that team any more. Hit em back in the mouth.

I'm the media defense the colts have not played well all year and the Pats have been on fire.. So they think another blow out!! I hate predicting games who knows what will happen.. Just hope for no major injuries on either side. (Mind you I go blow out for the pats if the game was at the razor but just MY Opinion)

I'm the media defense the colts have not played well all year and the Pats have been on fire.. So they think another blow out!! I hate predicting games who knows what will happen.. Just hope for no major injuries on either side. (Mind you I go blow out for the pats if the game was at the razor but just MY Opinion)

Understood...it doesn't look good given recent history but stranger things have happened.  This could be the game that changes everything.

This is from a Boston news outlet, but it is merely a compilation of what people around the country think about this game. They call it a "Prediction Roundup"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/10/16/patriots-colts-prediction-roundup-let-face-facts-the-colts-just-aren-very-good/jshsLsQPvr6YCyDBlUv4KJ/story.html?p1=story_hp

I expect Belichick does not subscribe to this kind of trash talk.  Even in private.  The Patriots could lose this game, no matter what the experts think.

This is from a Boston news outlet, but it is merely a compilation of what people around the country think about this game. They call it a "Prediction Roundup"

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2015/10/16/patriots-colts-prediction-roundup-let-face-facts-the-colts-just-aren-very-good/jshsLsQPvr6YCyDBlUv4KJ/story.html?p1=story_hp

I expect Belichick does not subscribe to this kind of trash talk. Even in private. The Patriots could lose this game, no matter what the experts think.

No such thing as a sure W, just as the Falcons after last night.

No such thing as a sure W, just as the Falcons after last night.

I agree.  That's why they play the games rather than let pundits decide who is the best team in the NFL.  They can surely be dead wrong.  Who would have thought the Colts would have fallen so far from the AFC Runner Up banner that was earned in 2014?

Don't know if it's been discussed, but I saw that the Pats (already thin) secondary is getting thinner... Apparently Tarell Brown is going to miss the game with a foot injury.  A guy named Rashaan Melvin, who they just signed, is most likely filling in his role.

This has to be good news for Luck and his targets.  Anyone know exactly how big of a loss Brown is for the Pats?

As long as everyone curbs their enthusiasm we can weather this game against New England. We got blown out by Buffalo and blown out by the Jets, we barely squeaked by the Titans, and the Jaguars and we notched a 1 score victory over the Texans, who looked very poor.

Expecting victory is like expecting to win the lottery, sure it can happen, but it's not very likely.

As long as everyone curbs their enthusiasm we can weather this game against New England. We got blown out by Buffalo and blown out by the Jets, we barely squeaked by the Titans, and the Jaguars and we notched a 1 score victory over the Texans, who looked very poor.

Expecting victory is like expecting to win the lottery, sure it can happen, but it's not very likely.

It's pretty sad that government counts on people expecting to win the lottery in order to balance the budget.

This. Colts did (and still do) this all the time.

Broncos do this virtually every play.

But those big, bad Patriots! Can't do anything but pick!

He actually likes the Colts. He just doesn't like Andrew Luck. haha oh well. That's what he's paid to do!

I'll take the under. Defenses show up this game. Colts offense will be out of sync with Luck back at QB. Patriots will try and force things.

Actually Skip doesn't like the Colts.  He says that he hopes the Colts lose 60-0 and that it would be better than a Cowboys win this week.  As most know, Dallas is Skip's team.  He loves Brady and N.E.

As far as Luck is concerned...his position is that he likes the kid but that he is being inducted prematurely into the Hall of Fame. The thing is Skip is the only one saying that everyone is putting Luck in Canton.  Most Colts fans realize that he has potential for greatness but still hasn't yet tapped into his full potential.  He was a RG3 fanboy and he rags Luck to hide the fact that he was so wrong about RG3 coming out of the draft. Some of his criticisms of Luck...i.e. that he turns the ball over way too much are valid though.