Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Andre Johnson earning his paychecks from the Colts?

bluephantom87

For ALL the fire Grigs rants (I think it's more of a COACHING problem)... Let's take a closer look. Matt as a 40yr old backup looked very solid in guiding the Colts to a win. Gore has been solid. Trent Cole is starting to apply pressure. Langford has been a beast along with the two rookies Anderson and Parry on the d-line. Like I said before the o-line is not good but SERVICEABLE and you CAN win with them IF you go to a quick passing game like they did today to PROTECT Matt. Out of ALL the moves this season Johnson is the one swing and BIG miss so far and it might be time to sit his butt on pine to get more playmakers on the field. I know it's ONLY 4 weeks in but Andre has shown nothing to this point. Thoughts? 

During the offseason I heard Billick and a few other analysts say they reviewed his 2014 tape and saw little dropoff at all. He looked great against us in 2014. Most analysts were predicting big things in 2015. What happened?

Gotta look at the big picture. When he was brought in, we needed that vet leader and everyone saw what Reggie had last year. It might have been the only way we got Gore. They seemed to come as a package deal. Also, we didn't have the SPEEDY Dorsette, and Moncrief was still kinda unknown.

So we had Hilton, carter, moncrief, and whalen really.

I think Andre can be utilized better, part of the problem is hilton, Dorsett, and Moncrief are flashing and are much quicker in and out of breaks.

The guy has done alright for many years, i'd say give him more than 4 games before any judgement is made. Our overall passing game hasn't exactly been stellar . Across all receivers and QBs.

I can't stand Pep but he's not why AJ isn't playing well at all. AJ almost never gets separation, and pep can't be blamed for that.

Not to mention he's had quite a few drops too.

Watch the All 22 and you'll see AJ open on plenty of pass plays over the middle in every game we've played. Luck just locks on TY a lot n misses plays or chooses to go for the deep routes instead of getting it out quick

During the offseason I heard Billick and a few other analysts say they reviewed his 2014 tape and saw little dropoff at all. He looked great against us in 2014. Most analysts were predicting big things in 2015. What happened?

Pep

Still think he's being misused. We haven't thrown him one fade near the goaline, which he is very good at. Couple times today he came open on underneath routes but Matt didn't see him. For some reason Pep likes sending him on fly patterns

Ikr peps so horrible

Watch the All 22 and you'll see AJ open on plenty of pass plays over the middle in every game we've played. Luck just locks on TY a lot n misses plays or chooses to go for the deep routes instead of getting it out quick

Hence why he deserves to get beat like a piñata.

I'm throwing a bold prediction already for this thursday. Andre goes off. Now there's to types of off. Off as in he kills it, and has like 100 yards 2 tds, and the other off, which means he's just shut down completely. I either see a big game or a big flop this thursday. And in my opinion, if he can't get it going against his old team that basically told him "you're not good enough anymore", then he won't get going anytime this year

I'm throwing a bold prediction already for this thursday. Andre goes off. Now there's to types of off. Off as in he kills it, and has like 100 yards 2 tds, and the other off, which means he's just shut down completely. I either see a big game or a big flop this thursday. And in my opinion, if he can't get it going against his old team that basically told him "you're not good enough anymore", then he won't get going anytime this year

It's more of how our * of a OC is trying to use him. That and I like to lock on Ty like a rookie Luck doesn't like to use his check downs or short passes.