Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bababooey

Colts trade for DL Billy Winn

This is a really good move right here. Winn isn't a star or nothing, but he's a really good, and experienced backup/rotational defensive lineman. And he's athletic for a 300lb guy too. But yeah. Really good move. IMO he'll be better than RJF was with us, and I thought Ricky was alright. And Winn's still young and I think he has the potential to become even better.

Browns fans had nothing bad to say about him at all just was a log jam or there D Line . Also talk of him playing special teams and being very good at it could be a factor brining him in Grigs and Pag love there ST players

Robert Myers is a project. Not surprised he was waived. Hopefully we can get him back in our practice squad.

I also hope we get him back...project or not.

Sweet!  And you all were concerned about our DL!  I bet all those fears are gone now that we snatched up Billy Winn.  Earl Okine, Billy Winn, TY McGill, David Parry......our opponents are shaking in their boots when they look up and see those names.

A+ job on these interior lines since you took over Grigson.....we are stacked now;  Now if he could only bring in a former 6th round pick from the 2012 draft to come in and shore up our OFFENSIVE line like Winn will our defensive line, then we'd be set.  I'm thinking someone like Jason Slowey.

Sweet! And you all were concerned about our DL! I bet all those fears are gone now that we snatched up Billy Winn. Earl Okine, Billy Winn, TY McGill, David Parry......our opponents are shaking in their boots when they look up and see those names.

A+ job on these interior lines since you took over Grigson.....we are stacked now; Now if he could only bring in a former 6th round pick from the 2012 draft to come in and shore up our OFFENSIVE line like Winn will our defensive line, then we'd be set. I'm thinking someone like Jason Slowey.

You win at sarcasm

Our DL is no better or worse than most teams.

Not the Jets, Bills, or Rams D-Line for sure. but compared with the Patriots? A wash.

I decided to do a little looking in on him as I remember the name, but couldn't remember much more than that. When he came out of college it looks like whoever scouted for NFL.com loved him as a prospect. They graded him at a 84.0, rating him as a perennial All-Pro. I thought that was pretty interesting.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/billy-winn?id=2532976

Na man that was the old rating system. His grade is the old system and the chart shows the new system. The old one was done on a scale of 100. Now its like a 1-10 scale for some reason. Personally I liked their old system way better.

Sweet!  And you all were concerned about our DL!  I bet all those fears are gone now that we snatched up Billy Winn.  Earl Okine, Billy Winn, TY McGill, David Parry......our opponents are shaking in their boots when they look up and see those names.

A+ job on these interior lines since you took over Grigson.....we are stacked now;  Now if he could only bring in a former 6th round pick from the 2012 draft to come in and shore up our OFFENSIVE line like Winn will our defensive line, then we'd be set.  I'm thinking someone like Jason Slowey.

While I see your point. Our D-Line is oozing with young potential. Anderson, Parry, Kerr, McGill, and Okine are all very talented and any of the 5 has the potential to become monster defensive lineman. Plus Winn is young and still hasn't reached his full potential.  I honestly  think we're in in good shape, and I think a couple of these young guys are going to break out and emerge as household names this year. Anderson and Parry are my main picks, but I think McGill has the potential to be a game wrecker. Something we've been needing. And don't forget about Langford. He's about to have the best year of his career. Bet on it. Yeah man our D-Line's looking good if you ask me. There's a lot to be excited about.

Na man that was the old rating system. His grade is the old system and the chart shows the new system. The old one was done on a scale of 100. Now its like a 1-10 scale for some reason. Personally I liked their old system way better.

I guess I have been more familiar with the new system so I never noticed the difference haha. Nice catch by the way as I didn't pay attention to the different numbers. So the old system was a 50-100 system kinda like Madden? So is an 84.0 respectable going off of the old rating system?

I guess I have been more familiar with the new system so I never noticed the difference haha. Nice catch by the way as I didn't pay attention to the different numbers. So the old system was a 50-100 system kinda like Madden? So is an 84.0 respectable going off of the old rating system?

84.0 is worthy of a top of the 2nd round grade

Oh and I don't worry about us letting Boom go. He's nothing special. Guys like him are a dime a dozen. I look for big things outta J-Rob, Ballard, and/or Varga. Gore's our main man, but between those 3 backups. One should emerge as a quality backup, or hopefully more. As for Myers. I didn't know a thing about him, but I mean most likely he's not going to turn into a beast or anything.

I agree.  Colts fans are not used to having a "bell cow" back anymore.  We are still arguing about backup running backs.  Frank Gore needs to play the majority of the time.  I could be wrong, but I don't see us being a RB by committee the way we've been doing it.  We just need to spell him  when he's tired and take him out when we have a big lead.

We are going to a one gap system so new players were needed to fit the scheme.

A funny comment from PFT:

"Draughn fills the roster spot created on Friday, when defensive lineman Billy Winn was traded to the Colts for a box of cereal two weeks past the expiration date."

Our DL is no better or worse than most teams.

Not the Jets, Bills, or Rams D-Line for sure. but compared with the Patriots? A wash.

Too bad our coaching on the defense isn't on par w those teams

Winn sounds like a good player that we can certainly use however, I was really looking forward to seeing what "Snacks" could do for our Oline.

I'm now hoping he clears waivers & we could snap him back up & stash him on the PS where he can get the coaching he needs & eventually become an impact player on our Oline.

We are going to a one gap system so new players were needed to fit the scheme.

Meh. Pagano was quoted as asking if one would rather have bad players or inexperienced players lol. If nothing else that tells you what he thought of Chapman and Hughes.

"Excuuuuse me, Marcus Gilbert!" - Billy Winn (@Billy_Boi_90). https://t.co/7fMazB3mHd

— My Colts Account (@MyColtsAccount)

September 11, 2015

This is encouraging. Plus everything I've read from Browns fans suggests that they did not want to see this guy leave Cleveland.

All of the guys we have now move very well and seem to be able to play multiple positions across the DL.

I like much of where Grigson is taking this thing!

300 to 310lbs is okay for me on the DL.  As long as Grigson doesn't go Dungy on us and start bringing in those 275lb guys Dungy used to like.  Or guys that get put on skates and get driven 10 yards off the ball like Larry Tripplett.

275 pound guys weren't the problem. It was the 275 pound guys with the undersized LB's, that's a problem. The smaller DL is quick and can penetrate, what's left over the bigger LB's clean up. Anyway, that's the theory of the smaller lines, quicker and faster beats size and power..

Raiders and Browns. Grigson can't get enough.

2 good trades for experience with little cost. I could care less who Grigs trades with.

wow now we are ready to beat the patriots watch out guys...... grigson is a joke

So that leads me to two questions:

1.Do you even know who Billy Winn is?

2.You do know Winn was not brought over for the soul purpose of beating the Patriots right?

So that leads me to two questions:

1.Do you even know who Billy Winn is?

2.You do know Winn was not brought over for the soul purpose of beating the Patriots right?

You know that guy is here for the sole purpose of making negative comments and giving off bad energy.  All he knows is it's a name he doesn't recognize so the guy must suck. Doesn't want to take out the time to think things out or do any research.