Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bababooey

Colts trade for DL Billy Winn

@RapSheet: The #Browns have traded DL Billy Wynn to the #Colts for a 2017 conditional draft pick, the team announced.

Hope it works out for us better this time.

We have also waived guard Robert Myers and waived running back Daniel (Boom) Herron from Injured Reserve.

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts)

September 11, 2015

That's an interesting move. He's another long and somewhat athletic DL.

They also waived Robert Myers.

Robert Myers is a project. Not surprised he was waived. Hopefully we can get him back in our practice squad.

I like your new avatar, btw.

First thing I read is with the other guys the Browns have it was a mild upset that he made the 53.

I love this move. He was a guy a lot of us were projecting to be drafted by the Colts that year. 

He is fast and athletic:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72530&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/10/billy-winn-scouting-report.html

We definitely have athletic bodies flying around with enough depth. Now, only time will tell if the quality is as good as the quantity.

Robert Myers is a project. Not surprised he was waived. Hopefully we can get him back in our practice squad.

I like your new avatar, btw.

Thanks. It was time...

Boom Herron officially gone now?

Yep. It's time for the Robinson-Varga show.

Yep. It's time for the Robinson-Varga show.

I am confused on this... I have heard different things... Once Boom is healed can he re-sign with the Colts as a FA?  Or is that not allowed?

The Browns, again?  O boy!

my thoughts exactly........

so who is this guy and lets face it, he's not gonna play sunday.

Couple roster moves: @Colts trade a conditional late-round 2017 pick to the Browns for defensive lineman Billy Winn (40 games, 18 starts)...

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

September 11, 2015

Couple roster moves: @Colts trade a conditional late-round 2017 pick to the Browns for defensive lineman Billy Winn (40 games, 18 starts)...

I am confused on this... I have heard different things... Once Boom is healed can he re-sign with the Colts as a FA?  Or is that not allowed?

I dont think he can if he takes an injury settlement

He technically can, but Colts moved on with Boom. Doubt he comes back.

I just hope it pans out better than the Trent Richardson or Joshua "fumble" Cribbs moves!

He can re-sign with the Colts no sooner than six weeks from now. It's technically six weeks from whenever he is projected to be medically cleared, so if they say that he should be ready to go in a month, then he can re-sign with the Colts six weeks after that. Kind of complicated. For the sake of simplicity, if we assume that he's medically cleared now, then he can't sign with the Colts until Week 7.

Let's face it, this trade was not made for Sunday, but for long term experienced depth.

He can re-sign with the Colts no sooner than six weeks from now. It's technically six weeks from whenever he is projected to be medically cleared, so if they say that he should be ready to go in a month, then he can re-sign with the Colts six weeks after that. Kind of complicated. For the sake of simplicity, if we assume that he's medically cleared now, then he can't sign with the Colts until Week 7.

There was no mention of injury settlement which is what you are referring to. Or is that a given since we released him from IR?

Let's face it, this trade was not made for Sunday, but for long term experienced depth.

In other words, next Monday night

Go Boise State! He's a good player isn't he? I remember him being regarded as a real steal

There was no mention of injury settlement which is what you are referring to. Or is that a given since we released him from IR?

I saw a report that said he was waived with an injury settlement. But either way, yes, that's a given. You can't otherwise waive an injured player.

A conditional pick, likely 6th or 7th rounder, 2 years from now. This is really a no lose trade. If he's any good we get value from a low pick 2 years in advance.

Dan Herron - RB -  Free Agent

Colts waived RB Dan Herron with an injury settlement.

If he clears waivers -- and we suspect he will -- Herron will become an unrestricted free agent. The Colts wouldn't be eligible to re-sign Herron for six weeks. They've moved on with Josh Robinson behind Frank Gore.

I say if the Colts are not happy with the running back depth behind Gore in 6-8 weeks, Boom will be back. I think he'll be back next season regardless. They're clearly not finished with him though.. just don't have enough room to keep him.

Dan Herron - RB -  Free Agent

Colts waived RB Dan Herron with an injury settlement.

If he clears waivers -- and we suspect he will -- Herron will become an unrestricted free agent. The Colts wouldn't be eligible to re-sign Herron for six weeks. They've moved on with Josh Robinson behind Frank Gore.

I say if the Colts are not happy with the running back depth behind Gore in 6-8 weeks, Boom will be back. I think he'll be back next season regardless. They're clearly not finished with him though.. just don't have enough room to keep him.

Unless another team scoops him up.   Like the Patriots, for instance.

I love this move. He was a guy a lot of us were projecting to be drafted by the Colts that year. 

He is fast and athletic:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72530&draftyear=2012&genpos=DE

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/10/billy-winn-scouting-report.html

We definitely have athletic bodies flying around with enough depth. Now, only time will tell if the quality is as good as the quantity.

I wasn't projecting the Colts to draft him, but I wanted them to. :)

In other words, next Monday night

In other words, whether he plays Sunday isn't really a big deal.

A conditional pick, likely 6th or 7th rounder, 2 years from now. This is really a no lose trade. If he's any good we get value from a low pick 2 years in advance.

That value may have to be in the form of a 1 year rental as he'll be a free agent at the close of business.  Still feels like solid value, no doubt.

Like Boom but he's gone. If needed there are a lot of other FA RB's available better than him.

I know he's suspended for a game and he has had some unlucky injuries but I'd love to bring back Bradshaw.

No risk trade really and good against the run by all accounts. Any particular reason he dropped so low in draft after high projections?

Injuries to the foot.

Very true.

They also worked out Derrick Lott recently. I wonder why they felt Wynn was a better move.

I was a huge Derrick Lott fan during the draft, and would of liked to add him. All in all though this move is probably better because of his experience, and I am sure that is why the FO decided to go this route.