Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones Injury Status (Merge)

RealityIsLuck

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another free agent bust by Grigson, go figure. Not drafting Malcom Brown looks really good now. I hate to complain since this team has some nice young pieces but I get depressed at the thought of how great this team would be if just a few draft picks and free agent money had been used wisely. If Andrew Luck isn't MVP leading this weak team to the playoffs I'll eat sawdust.

Can we stop with the Brown nonsense? Brown has looked pretty average for the Patriots. He's been a run stopper with little to no pass rush so far. We already have that with Langford at 5 tech and at NT. In fact, 1st round pick Malcolm Brown hasn't looked any better than 3rd round pick Henry Anderson.

Another free agent bust by Grigson, go figure. Not drafting Malcom Brown looks really good now. I hate to complain since this team has some nice young pieces but I get depressed at the thought of how great this team would be if just a few draft picks and free agent money had been used wisely. If Andrew Luck isn't MVP leading this weak team to the playoffs I'll eat sawdust.

So now a player gets injured and Grigson made a bust? Really? You hate to complain? Could have fooled me with the weak team comment.

Yeah he's not coming back this season. It's worse then last year and he was never right then.

A waste of money for sure. Probably time to cut losses when it's financially sound.

We will see how the Colts spin this. The talk all offseason was how a healthy Jones would be the difference on the D line.

Spin this? There is no spin. It is an injury. So what are you trying to spin?

Yeah he's not coming back this season. It's worse then last year and he was never right then.

A waste of money for sure. Probably time to cut losses when it's financially sound.

We will see how the Colts spin this. The talk all offseason was how a healthy Jones would be the difference on the D line.

It's not financially sound.

Can we stop with the Brown nonsense? Brown has looked pretty average for the Patriots. He's been a run stopper with little to no pass rush so far. We already have that with Langford at 5 tech and at NT. In fact, 1st round pick Malcolm Brown hasn't looked any better than 3rd round pick Henry Anderson.

But but preseason means nothing

Malcom Brown has looked unimpressive for the Pats so far compared to our first pick in Dorsett. Don't know what you're talking about. I think there's a good chance we got the better player now and in the future. And to blame this on Grigson is stupid quite frankly. He CAN'T control when and if a player is gonna get injured. It NOT HIS fault!!!! And it's a risk you take with any player. This is just an unfortunate event for us. Shouldn't be a big supprised though, looking at our injury history over the years.

As I stated you can criticize the draft, but people calling for Grigson's head because a guy gets injured is pretty stupid.

Not blaming him for drafting, but Jones was injured last year so this isn't a shock. Hopefully his contingency plan is that who we have will get it done.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Spin this? There is no spin. It is an injury. So what are you trying to spin?

Well,when the Colts pumped up Art Jones all offseason and how much a difference he would make for this D being healthy, i am curious as to what the Colts see for there D line now considering that not only will Jones not be healthy, but likely not even play a snap. 

Malcom Brown has looked unimpressive for the Pats so far compared to our first pick in Dorsett. Don't know what you're talking about. I think there's a good chance we got the better player now and in the future. And to blame this on Grigson is stupid quite frankly. He CAN'T control when and if a player is gonna get injured. It NOT HIS fault!!!! And it's a risk you take with any player. This is just an unfortunate event for us. Shouldn't be a big supprised though, looking at our injury history over the years.

The Pats are bringing Brown around slowly like they did with Jaime Collins the first year. He is being asked to learn multiple positions across the Dline too so he will need time and they can give it to him as Easley has been a beast. His explosive power has been eye catching this pre-season.

UUUGGGGHHHH, we signed this useless waste of space for 5 years. It's gonna hurt a bit 

lugging his dead cap hit around for the next few years.

No.    We'll likely carry him for one more year.    That's the way Grigson has set-up deals.   So that the Colts can get out of them after 2-3 years.   

We will NOT carry Jones for the full 5-years.     

No.    We'll likely carry him for one more year.    That's the way Grigson has set-up deals.   So that the Colts can get out of them after 2-3 years.   

We will NOT carry Jones for the full 5-years.     

It's really hard to say that we'll carry him for another year if you're sure we're going to cut him. If Jones comes back and redeems himself and plays like the player we signed then there's no way he gets cut. Jones is on strike 2, he's still got a chance to redeem himself. He's not close to being cut at all, next year is the make or break year for him.

It's really hard to say that we'll carry him for another year if you're sure we're going to cut him. If Jones comes back and redeems himself and plays like the player we signed then there's no way he gets cut. Jones is on strike 2, he's still got a chance to redeem himself. He's not close to being cut at all, next year is the make or break year for him.

Even if we want to keep him,  we'd like re-do his deal after year 3.     If you look at almost all 5-year deal's Grigson has given out, they're set-up to be re-done after year 3.     The salaries go up for years 4 and 5.     Fine if the player is performing,  but if not,  they either get re-worked or the player is cut.