Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DB Dwight Lowery visited the Colts.

Dustin

usually if the colts want you they wouldnt let you leave without signing. since he visited and apparently left, I take it the colts weren't interested. can you please bring in pollard

Exactly, if they are going to look at guys who can't cover...at least bring in some body who can hit!

could be a vet option but like stated above played poorly last year

actually he was rated 43rd out of 88 safeties so more middle of the pack than poor wouldn't mind signing him at all but would prefer Pollard still because he's a more physical safety who can help stop the run

I know we need numbers at Safety and maybe that's all this is, is trying to get numbers for a competition, but I think we need a young safety that can be counted on to hold down that position for years to come. Adams is a good option at the other spot but he's only got a couple years and he'll be gone so we need to get young at that position.

Get Pollard in here to knock some of Brady's teeth out

Pollards not the same guy after the Achilles injury not sure we want to go that route.

I think Dawan Landry is our ace in the hole. He was PPF's 9th rated S last year. Played for Pagano in Baltimore kind of surprised his name hasn't come up.

He would seem the perfect band aid while we develop our young guys.

@Colts_Comments: In 2014 Dwight Lowery had 12.4 coverage snaps per reception allowed. This put him 58th out of 60 qualifying safeties.

He's had 4 concussions too we can do better. I'd like us to look at Dawan Landry just posted he was PFF's 9th ranked safety last year played his best ball with Pagano in Baltimore

He's had 4 concussions too we can do better. I'd like us to look at Dawan Landry just posted he was PFF's 9th ranked safety last year played his best ball with Pagano in Baltimore

May not sit well with the rest of the family?

Weve all seen former baltimore players who played with pagano...hasnt worked out so far....

Outside of Adams (who's 34) It's safe to say our stable of safety's are complete scrubs. Any safety that visits Indy is coming to town with the intent to be brought in as a starter. It's almost like low hanging fruit.

As was mentioned earlier, Grigs usually doesn't let you go with out a deal.

I'm almost certain Lowery came in and wanted to be the starter (he's been a starter before in this league) and Grigs was like "Nah, were good."

Outside of Adams (who's 34) It's safe to say our stable of safety's are complete scrubs. Any safety that visits Indy is coming to town with the intent to be brought in as a starter. It's almost like low hanging fruit.

I'm almost certain Lowery came in and wanted to be the starter (he's been a starter before in this league) and Grigs was like "Nah, were good."

Don't you think it might be a bit premature calling Guy and Dewey complete scrubs? We might want to actually see them play first.

Dewey has had a yr to learn and the staff seems to like Guy.

Same type things were said about Adams and Sergio last year. That didn't work out so badly.

I think I'd remove Art Jones if you really want the sarcasm to read. He was very disappointing last year.

Still, I hope to see him rebound. Redding certainly improved from his first season as a Colt.

Jones was disappointing if you take his injury into account, but not if you look at what he was able to do on the field.

usually if the colts want you they wouldnt let you leave without signing. since he visited and apparently left, I take it the colts weren't interested. can you please bring in pollard

Could it have anything to do with the free agent compensation rules? We may wait until May to sign anyone since it wouldn't potentially cost us a compensatory pick next year?

I'm not sure about the rule, but I think the deadline was changed from June to mid May.

Trying to figure out how you labeled Dewey a scrub and he hasn't even played. Only thing we know about Dewey is that he won't catch any INT's for us since he dropped the pass from Pat McAfee on the fake punt against the Cowboys :facepalm:

Make me miss average Joe's like Lawrence Guy and Ricardo Mathews.

Watching Art Jones made you miss Ricardo Matthews?  can't on earth imagine why unless it was simply that you missed watching Matthews' hair.