Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign CB Darius Butler (Mega-Merge)

MTC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't we have both?

^^^This ... I like Toler, but he is 30 and this is the last year of his contract, so I don't think signing Butler will change any plans we might have had for Peters (or another CB).  As others have said, having a good extra CB isn't a bad thing. 

^^^This ... I like Toler, but he is 30 and this is the last year of his contract, so I don't think signing Butler will change any plans we might have had for Peters (or another CB).  As others have said, having a good extra CB isn't a bad thing. 

Especially when that good extra CB is a rookie and learning behind Toler, Butler and Davis.

you dont draft someone in the first round to be 4th on your depth chart

Very debatable. 

When you draft him you don't have the intention of having him 4th on the depth chart, that's what your given and then he progresses to the pro level. If Peters progresses properly he could be a #1 CB in this league, and if in our system a great #2 across from Vontae. 

So really you're not getting a 4th stringer.. You're getting a prospect to develop who may play well enough in training camp/OTA's to pass Toler/Butler on the depth chart.