Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler - something to watch this week

jskinnz

I was at the Bengal game and saw Toler get dinged up and come out of the game at the end.  He took himself out of the game on the play just before Freeman's strip-sack and the trainers were working with his knee.

Could be nothing and a product of the score at the time but worth watching on the injury reports this week.

I was at the Bengal game and saw Toler get dinged up and come out of the game at the end.  He took himself out of the game on the play just before Freeman's strip-sack and the trainers were working with his knee.

Could be nothing and a product of the score at the time but worth watching on the injury reports this week.

Terrific. Hopefully it buffs out.

That will be interesting, I didn't notice him leaving the game, I thought the backup was in there just because the game was over.  It will be interesting to see what Denver does, in the first game they ended up moving DT over to the right side to go against Toler instead of lining him up against Davis, I wonder if they will do that again.

That will be interesting, I didn't notice him leaving the game, I thought the backup was in there just because the game was over.  It will be interesting to see what Denver does, in the first game they ended up moving DT over to the right side to go against Toler instead of lining him up against Davis, I wonder if they will do that again.

DT vs Toler: Five targets, 3 catches, 38 yards

DT vs Vontae: One target, 0 catches

It was really Sanders and Julius Thomas. I also just remembered that Welker didn't play.

Thinking of these matchups are scary enough as is, but if Toler isn't 100%, then woof...

- Vontae on Demaryius is our one true advantage, a huge advantage at that.

- Toler, possibly injured, on Sanders will just be cringeworthy to watch. The way he gets open all over the field is really scary.

- Butler has looked bad in the recent weeks, IMO, but Welker doesn't get the targets he used to.

- Please don't put D'Qwell on Julius Thomas...

Toler is a really good cornerback. He get's really disrespected here due to the fact he has Vontae on the other end to be compared to.

I agree, I think Toler is a very good CB.  He takes somes chances and gets burned once in a while but not nearly as much as some people on this forum think.

Say what you want about Toler, I get frustrated with him too, but the play he made on that ball that was thrown off the flea flicker against Cincinnati was just terrific. If they complete that pass its a completely different ball game.

Probably the best play he's made as a Colt. Didn't even touch the receiver.

Toler has his ups and downs but isn't nearly the dumpster fire most on here like to say he is. In the Colts D (now that Vontae locks up one side of the field), he's on the hot seat. He's physical and likes to gamble. That combination results in him looking bad on plays. He also holds his own on a lot of plays. 

Somewhat on this note, has anyone else noticed the Colts playing Vontae in man and then everyone else playing zone? I've picked it up a few times...

Davis can guard either Thomas or Sanders, wonder who we'll put him on.

Hope Toler is ok, while inconsistent at times, he makes big plays and seems like a guy who really cares and want to stay competitive.

Whoever comes over the offense's left - that is who Davis will guard.

Hopefully we put Freeman on Thomas (the TE) instead of trying to have DQ cover him, and leave DQ in run support. 

Butler will drape Welker 

Vontae will lock down whoever he is on. 

If Colts put Toler on Sanders, it's going to be a looooooonnnnng day. 

Normally V. Davis plays on D. Thomas, but I have somewhat of a feeling that Toler could cover D. Thomas and we could have V. Davis covering Sanders.  I think it's possible that could work.  Could be wrong.

Normally V. Davis plays on D. Thomas, but I have somewhat of a feeling that Toler could cover D. Thomas and we could have V. Davis covering Sanders.  I think it's possible that could work.  Could be wrong.

Agreed!

I wish we would move Vontae to lining up against the opposing team's best WR instead of staying on the same side of the field at all times no matter what.

I also disagree with the decision to move Butler outside whenever Toler goes down. Butler is much better at nickel.  

Normally Davis plays on the offenses left side and Toler on the right side. Thats what we do since Pagano arrived - same thing goes with our Safetys, Landry/Brown play left and Adams plays right - regardless of strong or weak side. The Seahawks have a similar approach, they play Sherman nearly always on the offenses right side whereas Revis from the Patriots plays the other teams best Reciever regardless of where that guy lines up.

Edit: Toler didnt practice wednesday, he´s day-to-day according to Pagano.

Toler can't cover sanders healthy. Hope manning's arm is weak like it was last several weeks.

Sanders IS a bad matchup for Toler that is for sure.  He will just have to grab him a few times and take the penalty.

But he will battle and hopefully he can tip something up in the air and.... lol