Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OL won us the game best performance of the season!

AndrewQB1

For me this is the best game Andrew has ever had. His use of the short game was his best ever. Very Promising.

No Rich was Awesome.

Reitz rubbed it in Most of your know it all faces. And Holmes IS our best O-Lineman just as i said he would be.

That was definitely his best game. He was on fire.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garbage

You have right to feel that way but they kept a blocking TE over there for a reason. Even Bart Scott made mention how we kept 6 linemen in the entire game. He was going against a great pass rusher in Dunlap, so I can see why he needed help.

sure, but how many of them were playoff games?

I would have to check on that, but honestly I don't feel like it.  Off the top of my head the home playoff game vs Denver was a really good performance by the Oline, I think.  Anyway I am just happy to see that they are capable of this type of performance, hopefully they can continue the good play.  They will need to play as well as they did today in order for the Colts to have success against the remaining opponents.

If TODAYS team shows up next week, Colts will win!

I certainly hope today's team DOES NOT show up next week. We will NOT win if it does. Drops, turnovers and penalties is not a recipe for beating the Broncos. If the Bengals had any life on offense, we could've lost this game, easily

And Holmes IS our best O-Lineman just as i said he would be.

Castonzo is our best offensive lineman.  Holmes certainly seems to be the best center option though.  I'd be shocked it took him this long to see the field but the coaching staff's questionable o-line talent evaluation is well documented.

Nice to see all the excuse for a nice performance by the O-line...

Really,

A good play-off win and nay sayers come out....pretty pathetic...

Some of us are just bringing everyone back to reality. They Bengals aren't exactly the best at getting pressure on the QB if you haven't heard, non the less, it was a great performance by the o-line.

The line was great for Peyton! Saturday and Glenn Hall Of Fame come to mind?

2000-2006 we had good lines. When Tarik Glenn retired after the SB in 2006 we couldn't pass or run block and it got progressively worse year after year.

In spite of a putrid O-line and special teams we still made the SB in 2009 thanks to our playmakers on offense and a few guys on D. Freeney got hurt against the Jets in garbage time unfortunately and that just killed it. We really needed him 100% or close to it VS a great (at the time) Brees.

Good to see it is possible, but the beasts on the D Line of Denver is a whole lot different than Cincy's DL.  Luck still got hit quite a bit in the 2nd half also.  Boom needs to hold on to the football.  Moncrief and Nicks need more snaps than Wayne.

Denver's pass rush is very wonky. Ware and especially Von Miller are very good players no doubt, but they either feast on QB's or are a non factor with no in between.

You never know which will show up any given week...the non existent pass rush or the good one. If they're "on" we might be in trouble....but Luck is used to running for his life anyway.

Some of us are just bringing everyone back to reality. They Bengals aren't exactly the best at getting pressure on the QB if you haven't heard, non the less, it was a great performance by the o-line.

Bring what back to reality...The Bengals are a NFL team right, with PAID professional players right?

Exactly. .. I am out of likes or I would have licked you...   

Indy needs to really tighten it up...  or Denver will thrash us.    Cannot turn it over, cannot make stupid penalties, cannot DROP BALLS....     If WE want to win, esp on the ROAD.

Great game and they deserve credit but the bengals have the worst pass rush in the league. So I am not sure how much was a product of that.

Good to see it is possible, but the beasts on the D Line of Denver is a whole lot different than Cincy's DL.  Luck still got hit quite a bit in the 2nd half also.  Boom needs to hold on to the football.  Moncrief and Nicks need more snaps than Wayne.

I can agree with this constructive criticism...than saying it was just the "Bengals D-line"

Cincy struggled rushing the passer all season. Good performance by our line, but I'm not overly excited. Need to see some consistency first. If they manage to keep a clean pocket next week, color me impressed

I'll say this.  That same Cincy defense was all over Peyton giving him pressure for just about the entire game.

Denvers line is supposed to be better than ours, so I'm not taking any credit away from our guys in this one.

I haven't gone back and watched the game again, but it seemed like Holmes is the guy we should have had in the whole season. He's a lot better than Harrison and Shipley to me.  I think he carries himself very well out there.

I haven't gone back and watched the game again, but it seemed like Holmes is the guy we should have had in the whole season. He's a lot better than Harrison and Shipley to me.  I think he carries himself very well out there.

The left side of the line, AC, Mewhort and Holmes looked good today. There were actually inside running lanes.

I can't believe some are criticizing Reitz at RT.  He is a backup guard.  Our right tackle is on IR, remember?  After playing the whole season injured, apparently.  Reitz is an extremely valuable player; all he does is step in at any position and hold his own.  What's to hate?  

I've seen it said already, but I think it should be reiterated. Khaled Holmes flat out BALLED today. I do mean balled too. He was anchoring that O-line like the Jeff Saturday days. Whoever decided to make that switch to Holmes deserves a raise, like a large one. It made me SSOO happy to see a center performing today. He had me entranced the entire game.

Krunk, to go off what you said, I saw the exact same play, and it was SICK. One on one, and Holmes made him look like a high-schooler. One of my favorite blocks of the game.

I'm so excited to watch next week. I have medium hopes though. The Bengals had the least amount of sacks in the league, and next week this O-line will go up against a very, VERY talented Broncos D-line. Reitz will certainly have his hands full with Miller. As will Holmes with big ole' Terrence "Pot Roast" Knighton. Those two match-ups will win us, or cost us the game

I've seen it said already, but I think it should be reiterated. Khaled Holmes flat out BALLED today. I do mean balled too. He was anchoring that O-line like the Jeff Saturday days. Whoever decided to make that switch to Holmes deserves a raise, like a large one. It made me SSOO happy to see a center performing today. He had me entranced the entire game.

Krunk, to go off what you said, I saw the exact same play, and it was SICK. One on one, and Holmes made him look like a high-schooler. One of my favorite blocks of the game.

I'm so excited to watch next week. I have medium hopes though. The Bengals had the least amount of sacks in the league, and next week this O-line will go up against a very, VERY talented Broncos D-line. Reitz will certainly have his hands full with Miller. As will Holmes with big ole' Terrence "Pot Roast" Knighton. Those two match-ups will win us, or cost us the game

I'm out of likes, but I agree!