Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Khaled Holmes Thread (Merge)

texascolt

You didn't make it sound like you were saying the C never blocks the DT, it was clear that you were talking about this particular play,  You were right, that would not be Holmes assignment .Unfortunately on this board a lot of times you will get opposition,  just for the sake of opposition,  even though you were correct, and it was obvious that you had went back and taken a good look at the play.  Be prepared for things you didn't say, to be argued into your post. This will happen no matter how clear you make your post, no matter how right you are, that is just the way it is on this forum.

Oh please. It was a simple misunderstanding. Save it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh please!   save it. 

How is that proof of me posting opposition for opposition's sake? He responded to me to begin with.

And again, I misunderstood his initial post. I think we probably cleared it up. Thanks for your retroactive help, though. I don't know where we'd be without you...

How is that proof of me posting opposition for opposition's sake? He responded to me to begin with.

And again, I misunderstood his initial post. I think we probably cleared it up. Thanks for your retroactive help, though. I don't know where we'd be without you...

For the record, there's no way you were the only one that misunderstood that initial post. I thought the same thing you did and I'd bet my annual bonus those who did not are in the minority

For the record, there's no way you were the only one that misunderstood that initial post. I thought the same thing you did and I'd bet my annual bonus those who did not are in the minority

Right.

And I took exception because I thought it was unnecessarily rude, not because he dared to disagree with me. 

Good to see Holmes starting at Center!  Hopefully we can see him there the rest of the season.  Perhaps get a decent sample size of "IF" he can be our guy, like the coaches originally hoped for! 

So let me get this straight...

During TC Holmes was our guy, then he was injured so we brought in Shipley.  Shipley's ceiling wasn't high enough (although his play was solid), so they gave a Harrison a shot (UDFA) because they thought he brought that upside.  After flip flopping a couple times after neither player performed at a satisfactory level, they're now back to square 1?  Giving Holmes a go, finally!!  It's freaking Week 17, and despite last season's terrible O line, we still havent figured this equation out!!  Whether he plays great or poorly all I got to say the coaching staff better have this position along with RG figured out before TC is over next season!!  This season isn't over and I'm not counting the Colts out yet, but next year is definitely our year (that is if we can get a more than "decent" effort out of the O line)!

I think coach had a half sentence that Harrison was a few minutes late on Wednesday so he was benched for this game. But I'm not sure...

If true, it's laughable. Freeman stays on the field after that taunting penalty.....etc.

But it's standard practice here. Make an example of the fringe players, let the starters do what they like.

I heard that Thornton is now practicing.  It is now looking like we are getting back to the exact same lineup we had in our first preseason game.  Costanzo, Mewhort, Holmes, Thornton, Cherilus(wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play this week, but I'm sure he'll play against whomever in the playoff game).   Hopefully no one steps on Holmes ankle again!

That would be because he was right to begin with, and you called his response laughable, even though you had admitted yourself, that you had not  went back and looked at the play. The laughable part was every bit as rude, only difference being he was right. To oppose an opinion, so rudely without actually going back to look at the play closer, is the definition of opposition for the sake of opposition. and again just pointing out something that happens quite often.

With the point being that the block was not the responsibility of Holmes, I really can't see where there could have been any confusion at all, especially with a response that so strongly opposed that point. Looked like a clear understanding, but after further review I guess it became a misunderstanding, how convenient.  Glad you got it worked out, lord only knows where we would be without your superior knowledge, thanks so much for correcting our flaws, and helping us to better understand.

That would be because he was right to begin with, and you called his response laughable, even though you had admitted yourself, that you had not  went back and looked at the play. The laughable part was every bit as rude, only difference being he was right. To oppose an opinion, so rudely without actually going back to look at the play closer, is the definition of opposition for the sake of opposition. and again just pointing out something that happens quite often.

With the point being that the block was not the responsibility of Holmes, I really can't see where there could have been any confusion at all, especially with a response that so strongly opposed that point. Looked like a clear understanding, but after further review I guess it became a misunderstanding, how convenient.  Glad you got it worked out, lord only knows where we would be without your superior knowledge, thanks so much for correcting our flaws, and helping us to better understand.

Sure thing.

First, it makes me feel like the original call from Pep is a poor one.    Why run to the side where all the new guys on our line are on the very first play?    Let them get their feet wet -- at least, a little....

Second,  why didn't Andrew simply audible to the other side?   It's not like he's not allowed or doesn't know how.....

Very curious.....

I don't think Pep knows how the defense is going to line up when he calls the play. It falls to the QB to make that adjustment. It could be that Luck was locked in to that play because the coaches wanted to start the game with that play. But we've run into the strength of the defense two or three times a game all season long, so I'm putting it on Luck. Even if they wanted to start with the run, I can't imagine that they'd tell Luck not to audible away from the strength of the defense.

Holmes at C is a good thing, as he was originally our starting CENTER this season. He got injured during the preseason game vs the Jets, and Harrison/AQ replaced him. Glad to see him back, one of the more talented O-line players we have on our team.

Thanks for the re-cap.  Pretty sure most people on this board needed the refresher.  But what I am most curious about - what have you possibly seen from him to know that he is among the more talented O-linemen on the roster?

I just think its bad to change you starting center every other week.

The chemistry between the center, the quarterback and the offensive line is crucial.

I am pretty sure the entire known universe would agree with you.  Do you think the coaches are making these changes for kicks and giggles?

Does anyone know if any of our OLmen have have sustained a positive grade from PPF through the entire season. I'm guessing Castanzo and maybe Mewhort? Just curious.

Shipley did for the few games he played. Was the #1 rated C when he was in. You know, back when offense was rolling?

Thanks for the re-cap.  Pretty sure most people on this board needed the refresher.  But what I am most curious about - what have you possibly seen from him to know that he is among the more talented O-linemen on the roster?

In about 100 snaps, I'm pretty sure Holmes is among the most talented linemen on the roster, also. It goes without saying that that's premature, but oh well. It pops off the screen that he's better than Harrison and Shipley. And if you watched him play at USC, you see the talent that he displayed there translating to the pros. It's the same player, strengths and weaknesses. 

That might be condemnatory of the rest of the offensive line, but I'm taking it as a positive.