1. 1. Ray Rice to indy?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol no. He was bad last year anyways. It isn't like he could learn the system in any amount of time to be useful to us. And he is bad. 

Wouldn't go that far. He was clearly playing through injury last season, and the Ravens's oline was historically bad. He looked way better in the pre-season this year.

Heck, 100% of the NFL backs can run behind our line.

The trick is to get BEYOND our line.  Doubt even Ray can do that the way they block.

*sigh*  When will people realize it's not so much the backs as it is the line?

...but I understand what you're saying hawkeyes.

Every RB on the Colts aside from trent richardson has averaged a combined 4.78 YPC since 2013.

Muh awful oline tho. 

Heck, 100% of the NFL backs can run behind our line.

The trick is to get BEYOND our line.  Doubt even Ray can do that the way they block.

*sigh*  When will people realize it's not so much the backs as it is the line?

...but I understand what you're saying hawkeyes.

Brilliant post!!!  I 100% agree.  As long as their are no holes, no RB will consistently do well.

why isint this guy in jail for beating his wife with clear video proof?

The prosecutora had the video way back when they decided to give Rice the plea deal. The NFL suspension is entirely different.

Also, the man has been out of the league for 12 weeks. If his original suspension was 12 weeks, there would have been very little drama, even after the video was released. I doubt that he plays this year, period. At a certain point, time served is adequate.

I would honestly stop being a fan of this time for awhile if that happened. It's one thing to serve your time, show remorse, and then come back like Vick did. But from the beginning Rice and his wife didn't seem to care about anything other than Rice being able to play football. They swept it under the rug and expected everyone else too. I can't respect that.

I don't think he should ever play in the league again because he doesn't really understand the seriousness of the situation.

I would be extremely disappointed in the FO if they brought Rice in.  All Baltimore connections aside, this would create such a media circus and turmoil would surround this team nonstop.  The constant questions, and scrutiny would be a distraction that this team doesn't need while trying to make a push for the playoffs.  Let Rice keep kicking rocks until some other team breaks down and gives him a shot. 

Why would we bring in a guy who was terrible in his last season on the field?  Not to mention the PR garbage that would go on we dont need that.  And with our O-Line there really isnt any point we could bring in Jim Brown in his prime and make him look bad.  Watch our games people our O-line is horrible and will get our QB very injured someday, and also cant open a hole for an RB unless we run on a passing down and even then ahhh why do I bother

why isint this guy in jail for beating his wife with clear video proof?

His fiancee didnt press charges. If there are no charges pressed then you cant go too jail.

after that * bag cop got off in Missouri and now this, the US legal system is #*d excuse my language glad I don't love their

Keep this off the forums before you start something big. Infact you may wunna delete the statement

You mean post week 10?

He averaged 4.7 YPC.

Which is exactly why you dont use YPC to measure a RB. Excluding a big run a game, he was right near the 3 ypc mark as well. In fact, apart from a 51 yard run against the Chiefs and a 26 yard run against the Texans, the only success he had was against Tennessee...and since I had already pulled up his stats I guess it wouldnt hurt to say that in 8 games last year basically half his yards each game (if not more) came off of 1 run, which of course inflated his YPC stat to the point where it looks impressive.

Which is exactly why you dont use YPC to measure a RB. Excluding a big run a game, he was right near the 3 ypc mark as well. In fact, apart from a 51 yard run against the Chiefs and a 26 yard run against the Texans, the only success he had was against Tennessee...and since I had already pulled up his stats I guess it wouldnt hurt to say that in 8 games last year basically half his yards each game (if not more) came off of 1 run, which of course inflated his YPC stat to the point where it looks impressive.

Yeah if you take away all of his good runs his YPC isn't as good. Shocking. Where are Trent's good runs?

Yeah if you take away all of his good runs his YPC isn't as good. Shocking. Where are Trent's good runs?

"all of his good runs" yea?... all both of them? I didnt bring Trich into this conversation. Just saying using YPC to act like D Brown played great last half of the season is a subjective argument and should not be used objectively like you did.

"all of his good runs" yea?... all both of them? I didnt bring Trich into this conversation. Just saying using YPC to act like D Brown played great last half of the season is a subjective argument and should not be used objectively like you did.

Ughhhhhh. There's nothing subjective about Brown playing well last year. Anyone who denies he did isn't being objective. 

If I take away all of Lesean McCoys big runs last year he averages 3.5 YPC. 

If I take away all of Adrian Petersons long runs from last year away he averaged 3.0 YPC.

If I take away all of Jamaal Charles long runs from last year he averaged 3.5 YPC.

If I take away all of Donald Brown's big runs from last year away he averaged 3.4 YPC.

"muh bad oline tho"