Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sorry, but not impressed by win tonight

BProland85

Our defense still looked sloppy especially tackling. And allowing the Giants to just easily go down the field late in the 4th quarter drives me crazy. Why do some teams lay off defensely even when they are up a good bit? I never get that. Offensively, Luck wasn't completely on his game tonight, and part of that was because his OL couldn't keep the pocket clean. Other than that, we played alright. Wish we could have played Moncrief more though.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are never happy .... Its called getting guys some playing time. The d starters weren't in on the last scoring drive for the giants

Forgive me for wanting the Colts to close out games on defense. I'm wanting this defense to finish the year as a top 10 defense. That can't happen with opposing offenses doing late drives on us with ease.

Forgive me for wanting the Colts to close out games on defense. I'm wanting this defense to finish the year as a top 10 defense. That can't happen with opposing offenses doing late drives on us with ease.

sorry dude, lets write pags a letter telling him to keep all starters the whole game risking a chance of injury so that they rank as a top 10 defense and so that they can brag about being a top 10 defense in the regular season 

Rankings mean nothing. Getting guys playing time in garbage situations gets them experience and keeps the starters from getting injured. This isn't college. The only thing that matters is the W

Defense clearly took their foot off the gas late. Nothing to get worked up about.

Colts put up 40 points and were up 40-10 when they laid off. What I don't understand is why the back up offense minus the line comes in and Luck stays in. Hasselback can hand off just as well as Luck.

sorry dude, lets write pags a letter telling him to keep all starters the whole game risking a chance of injury so that they rank as a top 10 defense and so that they can brag about being a top 10 defense in the regular season 

You can't lie and say you wouldn't want the Colts to be considered a top defense. And simply being scared of an injury is not a good excuse. Our backups do need playing time, but at the same time if they continually play poorly and let offenses march down the field on them, they're not ready yet.

Ok so if Vontae tore his ACL playing with a 30 point lead you wouldn't be bashing Pagano?? Bull crap.

My summary of the OP's post:

"We didn't play perfect, not impressed"

Anyway defense played great, team played well. If you have to find something to moan about this game you are searching way too hard

I mean I thought I summed it up pretty well.....thanks for hurting my feelings.

Not everyone gets what they want bud. We got some guys some playing time late in the 4th and they gave up yards and points....so what? Game was never in question.

Our defense still looked sloppy especially tackling. And allowing the Giants to just easily go down the field late in the 4th quarter drives me crazy. Why do some teams lay off defensely even when they are up a good bit? I never get that. Offensively, Luck wasn't completely on his game tonight, and part of that was because his OL couldn't keep the pocket clean. Other than that, we played alright. Wish we could have played Moncrief more though.

You should probably never post immediately after a game again.

Ok so if Vontae tore his ACL playing with a 30 point lead you wouldn't be bashing Pagano?? Bull crap.

Well, Vontae was in on that last drive.  I guess Pags was a bit concerned.

I also didn't like us letting up like that.  We should have had Luck out of there in the 4th and we should

have shuttled in the other players, not just pull the starters. 

Still happy we won, but getting players time with other starters is more meaningful than playing the D2 team.

I agree here...the defense needs some work...but honestly they did pretty well...sloppy second half but the only thing that matters is the W...and we had a decent margin of W which is what also matters most to me.

Thank you that is really all I'm saying here. Defense as a whole needs work, backups need to play as if they are the starters. That's what  Pagano has always preached.

:thinking::bored::funny::lol:haha:scratch::facepalm:

I might also point out....that even CHUCK PAGANO was not happy with the second half defense...he yanked out the backups and threw back in the starters at around the 3:00 mark at the end of the game...he wanted to make sure that the score STAYED the way it was. And on that drive Sergio Brown had back-to-back supreme pass deflection/coverage that prevented some big completions.

Our backups need to be "better backups"...because hey they are backups but they don't have to be if they don't want to be....they should use that as motivation to improve...I mean like I'm a backup guy and I'm playing when the game is out of hand...my coach YANKS me to put a starter in with 3 minutes to go and we have a 2TD+ lead...Need you say more?

My summary...

1 a over aged gambler who took the under

or

2  a 13 year old kid....

My summary of the OP's post:

"We didn't play perfect, not impressed"

Anyway defense played great, team played well. If you have to find something to moan about this game you are searching way too hard

I might also point out....that even CHUCK PAGANO was not happy with the second half defense...he yanked out the backups and threw back in the starters at around the 3:00 mark at the end of the game...he wanted to make sure that the score STAYED the way it was. And on that drive Sergio Brown had back-to-back supreme pass deflection/coverage that prevented some big completions.

Our backups need to be "better backups"...because hey they are backups but they don't have to be if they don't want to be....they should use that as motivation to improve...I mean like I'm a backup guy and I'm playing when the game is out of hand...my coach YANKS me to put a starter in with 3 minutes to go and we have a 2TD+ lead...Need you say more?

So because a few back ups played poorly , you and the OP are not impressed with what was a very good win. Monday night game on the road vs a team coming off their bye week in a must win game. Some of you people just slay me.

Ridiculous post. You should ask one of the moderators to delete it.

So because a few back ups played poorly , you and the OP are not impressed with what was a very good win. Monday night game on the road vs a team coming off their bye week in a must win game. Some of you people just slay me.

Look man...don't get your panties in a bunch. Everyone can be entitled to their own opinion. I did say in first post that they did pretty well but got sloppy in the second half...regardless of starters or backups you can't do that...it can and will cost your team the W. I said all that mattered at the end of the game was the W and I couldn't be more happy...but to not acknowledge that we struggled defensively in the second half and can't let that happen against capable teams (which can be almost any team...ok many not jaguars or oakland....) you have to improve. My point was PAGANO saw a potential to lose ahold of this game and made the right call...pull the backups and reinsert the starters. If you trust in Chuck then how can't you agree with that?

Well, Vontae was in on that last drive. I guess Pags was a bit concerned.

I also didn't like us letting up like that. We should have had Luck out of there in the 4th and we should

have shuttled in the other players, not just pull the starters.

Still happy we won, but getting players time with other starters is more meaningful than playing the D2 team.

I love that he put the starters in. He wanted the game ended. But with a 30 point lead, you put the backups in. And I'm pretty sure Luck was in the whole game. Also the OP said he wasn't impressed with the win because the backups gave up garbage time touchdowns which is ridiculous.

I love that he put the starters in. He wanted the game ended. But with a 30 point lead, you put the backups in. And I'm pretty sure Luck was in the whole game. Also the OP said he wasn't impressed with the win because the backups gave up garbage time touchdowns which is ridiculous.

Highly confused by your response...

I agree in that I am happy Pagano put his starters back in after seeing a trend with the backups.

The "ridiculous" at the end of the statement doesn't infer to me whether you are agreeing with the OP or disagreeing. At any rate I'm so happy with our win...we did very well...but our defense indeed was a bit sloppy in the second half...we just have to get more consistent and we'll have it.

The bottom line really is THIS:

There is not a SINGLE MAN on the active roster tonight who doesn't leave the field and head home and say "we did great...no need to improve"

There is not a SINGLE COACH on the team that says "we did great...no need to improve"

Relish in the win? absolutely! explore your own weakness? absolutely! critique yourself? absolutely. That my friends is what great players and great coaches will do.

Putting the backups in is where we disagree.

While I like the backups going in, I don't like the backups going in en-force.  Shuttle the starters in and out.  Giving

the backups garbage time doesn't buld chemistry with the starters.  When the first team player goes down Pags isn't

going to put the whole D2 team in.  You build chemistry by getting the backups to  play with the starters.  This way

you don't give up chunk plays and get the backups some playing time.

The elite teams put their foot on the jugular and press hard.  We had our foot on the jugular and just stood there.

Defense clearly took their foot off the gas late. Nothing to get worked up about.

Colts put up 40 points and were up 40-10 when they laid off. What I don't understand is why the back up offense minus the line comes in and Luck stays in. Hasselback can hand off just as well as Luck.

I thought the same thing. I really don't understand it. the only thought that comes to my mind is let the 2nd stringers get the snaps with the first string quarterback

Putting the backups in is where we disagree.

While I like the backups going in, I don't like the backups going in en-force. Shuttle the starters in and out. Giving

the backups garbage time doesn't buld chemistry with the starters. When the first team player goes down Pags isn't

going to put the whole D2 team in. You build chemistry by getting the backups to play with the starters. This way

you don't give up chunk plays and get the backups some playing time.

The elite teams put their foot on the jugular and press hard. We had our foot on the jugular and just stood there.

the jugular had already been cut.

You can't lie and say you wouldn't want the Colts to be considered a top defense. And simply being scared of an injury is not a good excuse. Our backups do need playing time, but at the same time if they continually play poorly and let offenses march down the field on them, they're not ready yet.

no your totally right, i would love it. but wanna know something cool? our defense is a top 10 defense. we dont need a stat book to prove it. just watching the games all that matters is what the defense produces and can produce on the field. anyone who watched the game knows if the starters stayed in and played full 60 minutes they probably woulda been stuck at 10 points the rest of the game.  thats really all that matters. if we needed them to stay at 10 points we could have made that happen with the way they were playing. however with a 30 point cushion its logical not to worry about it