Sorry, but not impressed by win tonight

BProland85

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no room. It is full from all my other great posts

Oh I see. You just have one of those dorm room mini fridges? Still, I've read a lot of your posts...can't be more than one or two on that fridge. Oh I got it....try not printing out in a giant sized font.

Is that a Patriots type team that was pathetic a few weeks ago? Or do we only focus on poor games / sloppy play when it's the Colts?

The Colts have played sloppy in a lot of their games, even in the blow out win against the Jags. The Jags were a bad team and against bad teams, such as the Giants good teams like the Colts can get away with sloppy play. My point with the Patriots, in using the Patriots as an example because we play them next is that sloppy play will not cut it and they will pour it on if the Colts get behind early due to sloppy play and mistakes. That "pathetic" Patriots team was not the norm for them but as a Colts fan I don't follow other teams     

Our defense still looked sloppy especially tackling. And allowing the Giants to just easily go down the field late in the 4th quarter drives me crazy. Why do some teams lay off defensely even when they are up a good bit? I never get that. Offensively, Luck wasn't completely on his game tonight, and part of that was because his OL couldn't keep the pocket clean. Other than that, we played alright. Wish we could have played Moncrief more though.

I kinda felt the same sway....the NYGS were a sorry bunch.

You win and you take it..we needed it.

But we won because our pass attack is that good....and the G-men are that bad

It wasn't a great effort

that td was not impressive. Let's be real here

Oh, so now you want to be real?  After lord knows how many posts full of nonsensical crap?  Look I'm all for having a real conversation and I do think deep down you are a knowledgeable person, but instead of ever having any type of real conversation you post nothing but baiting, hyperbolic nonsense.  You want to be real?  Prove that you CAN be real and then we'll talk.  Otherwise I don't see why I or any member on this forum should take anything you say even remotely seriously.

The only thing of concern I saw the other night was some of the bad throws Luck made....don't get me wrong..he had a fabulous game but he has to clean up some of those throws....those high balls are just begging to get picked. You may get away with it this week but I promise if his misses are high like that and hitting Pat defenders in the hands....they may not fall to the ground. That said defense was stout...locked down the receivers but overall just not impressed with Giants coaching...a bye week to prepare...and they laid basically an egg.....ouch...Coughlin is going to be gone at the end of the season in my mind. They are going to finish last in their division I believe and a young team...and old coach...not sure he will turn them around like he did when he had the veteren leaders in the past.

Oh, so now you want to be real? After lord knows how many posts full of nonsensical crap? Look I'm all for having a real conversation and I do think deep down you are a knowledgeable person, but instead of ever having any type of real conversation you post nothing but baiting, hyperbolic nonsense. You want to be real? Prove that you CAN be real and then we'll talk. Otherwise I don't see why I or any member on this forum should take anything you say even remotely seriously.

look at that td. What was impressive about it? Was that really a good play by fleener? No. It wasn't.

His catch last week on a high throw behind him was a good play.

look at that td. What was impressive about it? Was that really a good play by fleener? No. It wasn't.

What was good about it, is that the previous play, the catch that was challenged,  was to the other side of the field, to the left.

Fleener hustled back,  lined up to the right,  and became the primary receiver again,  this time for the TD to the different side of the field,  to the right.

Good hustle and heads-up.

As to "not being a good play".....   what difference does it make?     He caught on TD and you give him no credit.

You've made this personal.    You decided early on you didn't like Fleener and nothing that happened was going to change that.

Fine.    But don't expect people here to take you seriously when you write that he doesn't know how to play the game and he's not good at football.

Nothing could be further from the truth.......

What was good about it, is that the previous play, the catch that was challenged,  was to the other side of the field, to the left.

Fleener hustled back,  lined up to the right,  and became the primary receiver again,  this time for the TD to the different side of the field,  to the right.

As to "not being a good play".....   what difference does it make?     He caught on TD and you give him no credit.

You've made this personal.    You decided early on you didn't like Fleener and nothing that happened was going to change that.

Fine.    But don't expect people here to take you seriously when you write that he doesn't know how to play the game and he's not good at football.

Here's what I don't grasp in your argument dudeski: Are you indicting Luck's ball placement or Fleener's ability to catch the ball consistently or both? 

I've gotta to agree with my friend NCF here. 6 points is 6 points; production is production. I don't care how pretty or sloppy a TD is. We won.

Would you rather see INDY lose Dudeski? What's your thesis here? I'm lost. 

It's not like Pagano & Pep aren't going to work on sharping the offense this week for our NE match up Nov.16th.

Do you just not like Fleener as a TE? It's okay if you don't, but if Coby helps put more pressure on opposing defenses by giving INDY solid leads why hold him to an unreasonable standard of perfection? Just thinking outloud.

The Colts have played sloppy in a lot of their games, even in the blow out win against the Jags. The Jags were a bad team and against bad teams, such as the Giants good teams like the Colts can get away with sloppy play. My point with the Patriots, in using the Patriots as an example because we play them next is that sloppy play will not cut it and they will pour it on if the Colts get behind early due to sloppy play and mistakes. That "pathetic" Patriots team was not the norm for them but as a Colts fan I don't follow other teams

What happens if the Patriots play 'sloppy'?

Hell, according to your evaluation of him, that he even caught the ball should impress you.

No?

What happens if the Patriots play 'sloppy'?

One can hope lol and the answer to that really depends on who they are playing and how the opposing team is playing. Any given Sunday. I  guess what I`m trying to say is that the potential for greatness from the Colts is there if they can stay healthy and most importantly perform to their abilities. This team isn't an overachieving team, when they execute and are hitting on all cylinders they are hard to beat no matter who they are playing. So don`t beat themselves, don`t make it harder than it has to be which is something IMO they sometimes do. 

What was good about it, is that the previous play, the catch that was challenged, was to the other side of the field, to the left.

Fleener hustled back, lined up to the right, and became the primary receiver again, this time for the TD to the different side of the field, to the right.

As to "not being a good play"..... what difference does it make? He caught on TD and you give him no credit.

You've made this personal. You decided early on you didn't like Fleener and nothing that happened was going to change that.

Fine. But don't expect people here to take you seriously when you write that he doesn't know how to play the game and he's not good at football.

saying that he is amazing at football is further from the truth.

And I have no personal problem with fleener. If he starts playing close to Allen's level I will gladly say it.

But that was not a good game. The bar is set way too low for that guy

Here's what I don't grasp in your argument dudeski: Are you indicting Luck's ball placement or Fleener's ability to catch the ball consistently or both?

I've gotta to agree with my friend NCF here. 6 points is 6 points; production is production. I don't care how pretty or sloppy a TD is. We won.

Would you rather see INDY lose Dudeski? What's your thesis here? I'm lost.

It's not like Pagano & Pep aren't going to work on sharping the offense this week for our NE match up Nov.16th.

Do you just not like Fleener as a TE? It's okay if you don't, but if Coby helps put more pressure on opposing defenses by giving INDY solid leads why hold him to an unreasonable standard of perfection? Just thinking outloud.

uou jump to conclusions here.

Fleener was not good and has not been good here. He rarely makes tough catches, he can't time a jump to save his life, he plays incredibly soft, and for all his speed, he can't get away from anyone

Not impressed with all the negativity. Sometimes you have to play school yard football to win which by the way is something that Peyton could never do. It's obvious that there's a lot of fans out there that have gotten too spoiled with preceived perfection. Perfection isn't always the answer, and if that's what you're expecting you're going to be sorely disappointed. I will let you in on a little secret, get used to the schoolyard football because you're going to see a lot more of it. If it generates winds what the heck is the problem?

uou jump to conclusions here.

Fleener was not good and has not been good here. He rarely makes tough catches, he can't time a jump to save his life, he plays incredibly soft, and for all his speed, he can't get away from anyone

What conclusions did I jump too exactly? I said it was it was okay if you didn't like Fleener & I asked you what flaws you saw with Fleener. To be fair, you did highlight his weakness as you saw them. 

I didn't take anything you said out of context. I merely said I agreed with NCF's position that Coby did score a TD. I hardly think that I put words in your mouth sir. Please..

We do have a lot of weapons on offense for Andrew to get the ball to TY, Reggie, Nicks, Moncrief, Allen, & Bradshaw. It is possible that Pep wants other guys to get reps as we prepare to make our playoff run. 

It's fine if you think Fleener isn't making the most of his time on the field, but calling a guy soft is a dangerous thing. I don't think Nicks isn't working hard enough to get open/make his presence known, but I'm not gonna call him soft. To each their own I guess.

The only thing I said slightly presumptuous was this: "Why hold him to an unreasonable standard of perfection?" True, I cannot read your thoughts, but prior to me asking you didn't really articulate why you disliked Coby so much or what components of his game he needs work in your eyes. Don't hold me liable for a position you never specified originally sir. That's on you not me. 

Try telling me I jumped to conclusions on this post. Go for it Dudeski. I need a good laugh anyway.  haha

saying that he is amazing at football is further from the truth.

And I have no personal problem with fleener. If he starts playing close to Allen's level I will gladly say it.

But that was not a good game. The bar is set way too low for that guy

Who made that claim?    Who says he's amazing at football?     Seriously, who?

Not me, and I'm a Stanford guy.    If I say ANYONE saying that I'd stop them dead in their tracks.   Fleener is not "amazing at football"     But he's good.   And from time to time he's very good.    And he's clearly an asset to the team.  

But you seem unwilling to to give him any credit.

And when you write "he's not good at football" after one of his best games,  then you open yourself to criticism which you received a ton of.    And people simply won't take you seriously when you write that.

Even if Fleener never is worth the 34th pick in the draft (something that seems to bother a number of people here)  that doesn't mean he's not good and can't help the team when used properly....

Coby Fleener is simply NOT "amazing at football"....   and I'm happy to tell anyone and everyone that.

But he IS good and can and does help the team.    And I'm happy to tell anyone and every that as well....

Who made that claim?    Who says he's amazing at football?     Seriously, who?

Not me, and I'm a Stanford guy.    If I say ANYONE saying that I'd stop them dead in their tracks.   Fleener is not "amazing at football"     But he's good.   And from time to time he's very good.    And he's clearly an asset to the team.  

And when you write "he's not good at football" after one of his best games,  then you open yourself to criticism which you received a ton of.    And people simply won't take you seriously when you write that.

Even if Fleener never is worth the 34th pick in the draft (something that seems to bother a number of people here)  that doesn't mean he's not good and can't help the team when used properly....

Coby Fleener is simply NOT "amazing at football"....   and I'm happy to tell anyone and everyone that.

But he IS good and can and does help the team.    And I'm happy to tell anyone and every that as well....

That is a valid point. NCF never implied Fleener was the messiah of NFL tight ends or playing his position on a whole new plateau. And even if a fan just can't stand a football player, when they do their job & score TDs they have to be acknowledged for getting into the end zone. 

I can't stand the Dallas Cowboys but if Tony Romo & Dez Bryant kick INDY's caboose on December 21, 2014, I have to give these men their props because if I don't do that I end up looking petty, small, selfish, & stupid. 

It is possible to not like a player & still admit when they do something well. It's called maturity & it fosters respect among other members when you can say man was I wrong today. 

Just my perspective on this issue...

Who made that claim? Who says he's amazing at football? Seriously, who?

Not me, and I'm a Stanford guy. If I say ANYONE saying that I'd stop them dead in their tracks. Fleener is not "amazing at football" But he's good. And from time to time he's very good. And he's clearly an asset to the team.

And when you write "he's not good at football" after one of his best games, then you open yourself to criticism which you received a ton of. And people simply won't take you seriously when you write that.

Even if Fleener never is worth the 34th pick in the draft (something that seems to bother a number of people here) that doesn't mean he's not good and can't help the team when used properly....

Coby Fleener is simply NOT "amazing at football".... and I'm happy to tell anyone and everyone that.

But he IS good and can and does help the team. And I'm happy to tell anyone and every that as well....

you said there was nothing further from the truth. I gave you something further from the truth

That wasn't one of his best games. He has had much better games.

Truth is, more times than not, if fleener is the target, it's not going to be complete. Just like Monday. And Monday was real bad

you said there was nothing further from the truth. I gave you something further from the truth

Truth is, more times than not, if fleener is the target, it's not going to be complete. Just like Monday. And Monday was real bad

I still disagree with you but congratulations on participating in an actual discussion.

Monday was not real bad. It wasn't great but it wasn't real bad either. Just because he was targeted 11 times doesn't mean the ball was catchable 11 times. Yes the one play he didn't look for the ball. Pretty sure the rush threw the timing off but still, you are right in that he didn't appear to look. That was one play though. He had other good plays.

The td wasn't a great play either. It was a blown coverage but he still did his job. He did what he was supposed to do so I'm not going to knock him for the fact it was a blown coverage but that wasn't an all pro play either.

He's not a pro bowl player at this stage but he's improved from the day he got here. That's especially true of his blocking. He's not an Allen level blocker but we knew that when he was drafted. He has gotten better though.

He's not amazing at football but he's certainly not bad either. He could be better and if recent trends continue, he will get better.

I don't know if you happen to notice,  but Luck missed 10-11 passes.   And most of those weren't to Fleener.    Luck missed lots of passes to all of his receivers.    But the ones to Fleener are the ones that seem to bother you most.

You seem to blame Fleener whenever the pass to him is caught or not whether it's his fault or not.   Sometimes it's Luck's fault.  Sometimes it's the line's fault because Luck had to hurry the pass.

And again,  you trot out the "that wasn't one of his best games" lines....

What did he do wrong?     Why wasn't it one of his best games?     You say it,  but never explain it?    Honestly, I have no idea what Fleener did Monday night that would make you say "it wasn't one of his best games..."

I look forward to your answer.....

I don't know if you happen to notice, but Luck missed 10-11 passes. And most of those weren't to Fleener. Luck missed lots of passes to all of his receivers. But the ones to Fleener are the ones that seem to bother you most.

You seem to blame Fleener whenever the pass to him is caught or not whether it's his fault or not. Sometimes it's Luck's fault. Sometimes it's the line's fault because Luck had to hurry the pass.

And again, you trot out the "that wasn't one of his best games" lines....

What did he do wrong? Why wasn't it one of his best games? You say it, but never explain it? Honestly, I have no idea what Fleener did Monday night that would make you say "it wasn't one of his best games..."

I look forward to your answer.....

4 passes on 11 targets. 1 catch was a blown coverage. Which he got a td. So what.

The fact is, if luck throws to fleener, it usually will be incomplete.

When he has man coverage on him, he is usually covered well. He very rarely uses his height for an advantage. He is rarely on the same page as luck and he has alligator arms. All of those things were on display Monday.

4 passes on 11 targets. 1 catch was a blown coverage. Which he got a td. So what.

The fact is, if luck throws to fleener, it usually will be incomplete.

When he has man coverage on him, he is usually covered well. He very rarely uses his height for an advantage. He is rarely on the same page as luck and he has alligator arms. All of those things were on display Monday.

Like I said......   if it's Fleener,  with you, it's always Fleener's fault.    I pointed out that Luck missed everyone Monday night and that seems not to register with you.

If Luck misses someone else you don't get this worked up.

When you start writing "Fleener is just not good at football"  you get what you get,  which is a mountain of push-back and derision...

Like I said...... if it's Fleener, with you, it's always Fleener's fault. I pointed out that Luck missed everyone Monday night and that seems not to register with you.

If Luck misses someone else you don't get this worked up.

When you start writing "Fleener is just not good at football" you get what you get, which is a mountain of push-back and derision...

what is fleener good at?

what is fleener good at?

Catching the ball.

Running after the catch.

Red Zone offense.    He's a mismatch problem.

Because he's different than Allen,  it's a nice contrast and creates match-up problems for the defense.    We run a lot of two TE sets.    Clearly the coaches think there's a benefit to having him and using him.

You realize Luck missed 21 throws Monday night.   Had his lowest completion percentage of the season.    That's not a Fleener issue,   that's a Luck issue.      And I'm as big a Luck fan as anyone here.

Just because Fleener isn't great,  doesn't mean he isn't good.     And a key part to the offense.

Catching the ball.

Running after the catch.

Red Zone offense. He's a mismatch problem.

Because he's different than Allen, it's a nice contrast and creates match-up problems for the defense. We run a lot of two TE sets. Clearly the coaches think there's a benefit to having him and using him.

You realize Luck missed 21 throws Monday night. Had his lowest completion percentage of the season. That's not a Fleener issue, that's a Luck issue. And I'm as big a Luck fan as anyone here.

Just because Fleener isn't great, doesn't mean he isn't good. And a key part to the offense.

haha red zone offense?

When is he a matchup problem? That just isn't true

Run after the catch? No. When did he get good at this?

Catching the ball? Not really. He is ok.

haha red zone offense?

When is he a matchup problem? That just isn't true

Run after the catch? No. When did he get good at this?

Catching the ball? Not really. He is ok.

He hasn't been utilized a lot in the red zone but he does have a few red zone tds.

He is definitely a match up problem for almost any Lb. That's why he had 11 targets Monday night.

Run after the catch....I'd say he's about average to maulybe slightly above average and could definitely improve.

Can't catch and alligator arms are preposterous. He has great hands though he does have some concentration lapses which again, can and should be improved upon.

As a coach you want to reward those guys who make your team what it is by giving them any chance you can to play because they might be asked to contribute

Note:Because of a couple of injuries and my physical limitations I was one of those scrubs and worked extremely hard to get the starters ready for Gameday

He hasn't been utilized a lot in the red zone but he does have a few red zone tds.

He is definitely a match up problem for almost any Lb. That's why he had 11 targets Monday night.

Run after the catch....I'd say he's about average to maulybe slightly above average and could definitely improve.

Can't catch and alligator arms are preposterous. He has great hands though he does have some concentration lapses which again, can and should be improved upon.

odd how no lber has problems covering him