Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sorry, but not impressed by win tonight

BProland85

That's right, you get nothing for style points.  It was a sloppy win primarily because on offense, the OLine still can't block on a consistent basis.  What I can't tell is are most of Luck's errant throws due ti pressure or his own inconsistency.  he left some plays on the field despite putting up 40 points. I'm totally nit-picking.  Defensively, we got away with some things.  The G-Maen dropped a lot of passes and they have no running game to speak of with the rookie. But my god - we gave up two garbage time TDs! You have to play the back ups when you can, next week or the following they could be starters in this league.  I think the coaches need to know who is ready and who is not - you can't always tell from practice.

It is worthwhile that 7 points where basically gift wrapped for the offense when Brown returned that fumble to the 4.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our defense still looked sloppy especially tackling. And allowing the Giants to just easily go down the field late in the 4th quarter drives me crazy. Why do some teams lay off defensely even when they are up a good bit? I never get that. Offensively, Luck wasn't completely on his game tonight, and part of that was because his OL couldn't keep the pocket clean. Other than that, we played alright. Wish we could have played Moncrief more though.

Luck made a veteran play when the Giants were confused while Coughlin was deciding whether to challenge that interception.  You would not see RGIII quickly get the team ready and complete a pass while TC was trying to decide whether to challenge or not.  Good play.

It was a good team win but Luck is going to have to play better if we're gonna beat NE. There we're too many missed throws against the Giants and two that should have been picked off.

You are obsessed with passes that "should have been picked off." I will admit Luck will throw some stinkers, but every game I watch, including pats vs broncos, have passes that "should have been picked off."

You are obsessed with passes that "should have been picked off." I will admit Luck will throw some stinkers, but every game I watch, including pats vs broncos, have passes that "should have been picked off."

Of coarse that's true. Also it's why those guys dropping all the ints are playing defense instead of offense. It's OK when Luck saves a sack or makes an incredible play out of what should have been a loss.....but God forbid he throws an INT once in a while.

I don't think that was Fleener's best game.  he did have a couple of dropped passes and one near the goal line where he probably should have been looking for the ball but wasn't.  But the few times he was asked to stay in and block he did a good job, his route running was very good and he and Allen are proving to be a dangerous duo at TE... if the Lbers and safeties focus on Allen, Fleener will make some plays, if the LBers and safeties focus on Fleener, Allen will make some plays.

But anyone who think Fleener didn't play well is either just being obtuse or really doesn't understand what they see on the football field.

Another perfect example of "not as good as it appeared" when the Colts win. The Giants were horrendous and NO I don't think its because the way the Colts played made them that way. The Colts did play sloppy and IMO are lucky it wasn't against a Patriot-nisque type team, like last week. Or IMO most on here would be crying the sky is falling.. again. Luck had defenders breathing down his neck early and often. Great job by him to get the passes off and burn them for blitzing on one hand but a lot of "where was he throwing to" on the other? IMO, Lance Louis was awful and Harrison not much better. The fumbled handoff to Allen, did he not know he was supposed to get the ball? But Bradshaw was alert enough, and the ball bounced right to him helped too, turned it into a big gain. A bad, sloppy play that turned out good, just like the score and game itself. Wins are always good, especially when the offense puts up 40 points. But the sloppy play, which has shown itself repeatedly this year has got to stop IF the Colts want to be real contenders against GOOD teams. Thats not ragging on them or being negative or never being happy as I feel the OP is being lambasted for, its the reality of needing to execute no matter who you`re playing against. Glad to get the win but still a lot to get cleaned up

Is that a Patriots type team that was pathetic a few weeks ago? Or do we only focus on poor games / sloppy play when it's the Colts?

Forgive me for wanting the Colts to close out games on defense. I'm wanting this defense to finish the year as a top 10 defense. That can't happen with opposing offenses doing late drives on us with ease.

What if one of our cornerstones on defense got hurt in garbage time like Davis, Redding etc.? Give me a

healthy defense all year and in the playoffs and you can keep your top ten stats.

The coaches were also building depth with playing time for the backups.

Per PFF:

4 catchable, 4 receptions, 11 targets. 0 drops.

P.S. Good call Dudeski

I could see giving him a non catch for not getting his foot down on the sideline. But even 4 for 5 seems about right to me. But i actually watched the game, unlike a certain person on this thread

I could see giving him a non catch for not getting his foot down on the sideline. But even 4 for 5 seems about right to me. But i actually watched the game, unlike a certain person on this thread

I'm guessing they considered that sideline catch a force out since he was shoved towards the sideline right as his first foot came down. I can't say conclusively that the push prevented him from dragging the second foot but I'm sure it played a part.

I'm guessing they considered that sideline catch a force out since he was shoved towards the sideline right as his first foot came down. I can't say conclusively that the push prevented him from dragging the second foot but I'm sure it played a part.

right on. i thought it was one of his better games as receiver. You would have to ask one of the oline experts about his blocking. I never rewatch games

Thank you for saying that outloud BOTT. It always baffles me how some fans with nit pick Luck or the Colts mishaps to death without focusing 1st on what we did well. Any teacher in any profession doesn't tear you down immediately. They typically focus on what you do well, move to a weakness, & couch the instruction under the umbrella of maintain your enthusiasm, tweak this technique, alter this move, & the sky is the limit for you. 

The only time you go off on a guy is when they are lazy & don't listen. My rule of thumb is this: If a mistake doesn't get recorded in the NFL record book like a near interception who cares?

Yes, picks matter & they need to stay low I agree, but since Luck usually has good ball security, I am cool with a rare turnover occasionally. I will admit though that Luck needs to learn when to give up on a play & throw the darn ball away sometimes. I know; I know he's usually waiting for TY, Reggie, or Moncrief to finish their route or shed their defender so I can't really criticize Andrew too much.