Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne's Elbow Injury (Mega Merge)

NewColtsFan

Rest Reggie and Trent this next game and give Moncrief/Nicks Reggie's reps and

go with Bradshaw/Herron at RB. I love the depth on this team!

Exactly CHBB, let Reggie chill this week. I know what I'm getting from #87 every game. But I want Nicks & Moncrief worked into the starting lineup ASAP. They need to build a repoire with Luck & I need to see Andrew not lock in on Fleener, TY, & Reggie so darn much on 3rd down as his get out of jail card. 

Andrew needs to realize he has other options in long down situations. Herron does have a nice burst of speed & even though I frown on small WRs, I love low center of gravity RBs that never stop churning their legs. 

Hang in there Reggie. You rock my man! 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly that might have been as much Reggie's call as it was theirs. Also I saw on Twitter trent is getting an MRI too.

Off topic, I will never quite comprehend why MRI photos of athletes get posted online. Some images, especially private medical issues do not need to be seen on twitter. JMO. 

I have no desire to see groin surgery before & after pictures either for that matter. I'm being sarcastic naturally, but in all seriousness, I do value patient confidentiality. Fans do not need to see & know everything about a well respected athlete.

We're acting like keeping a rather meaningless streak intact is worth jeopardizing a players health... 

It may be meaningless to you but I doubt that Wayne sees it that way. He is proud of his streak and wanted to keep it going. Right or wrong it is not us to judge what he thinks is important to him.

It may be meaningless to you but I doubt that Wayne sees it that way. He is proud of his streak and wanted to keep it going. Right or wrong it is not us to judge what he thinks is important to him.

Good point CC1. Star athletes hate to see streaks end or disrupt the rhythm of passes on the field that injuries always bring to a screeching halt not to mention mess up their swagger confidence mojo. 

Plus, rehab is like solitary confinement which is just god awful as 87 already knows too well I'm afraid. 

Hey guys this is my first post. Die hard colts fan here never miss a game always glued to the tv every Sunday. Just wanted to say if reggie is out this week I hope whalen will get some targets. I can remember last season he made some really good catches and in preseason as well. What do you guys think?

Whalen may get a bit of time, just as Moncrief has being the fourth WR. I would expect them to try and get Nicks really involved though if they can. Though if he hasn't been getting separation then there isn't much anyone can do about that except for him. 

There is no I in team.  Reggie knows this, he shouldn't be putting his streak above staying healthy for the sake of the team.

Wha

Hey guys this is my first post. Die hard colts fan here never miss a game always glued to the tv every Sunday. Just wanted to say if reggie is out this week I hope whalen will get some targets. I can remember last season he made some really good catches and in preseason as well. What do you guys think?

Whalen will get some snaps, but your looking at TY, Nicks, and Moncrief getting the majority. We have good depth at WR so we'll be fine if Reggie is out a game or two. Maybe Nicks can get some chemistry going with Luck now, and Moncrief can show off his talents.

More opportunities for Nicks and Moncrief. The Steerlers will double Hilton so someone else is going to step up and have a big game for us to win on the road. Wayne being out will benefit the TE's the most, Fleener will get increased playing time and Allen will get more targets. The Steerlers LB's can't cover,  I think both Allen and Fleener will have  big games vs the Steerlers.

Being a good receiver three years ago means nothing. Nicks is in Indianapolis for a paycheck and to live of the success of those around him. There is absolutely no reason for him to see the field any more than Moncrief, and if the staff continue to stick with Hakeem it will be out of concern of upsetting a "big name". He has been absolutely terrible thus far

Following your post's today Trent is a liability Fleener is garbage and Nicks is terrible. Why are you even here? Let me guess they got tired of you under the bridge too.

Do you think anyone is playing for free? So we have Nicks who the coach's only play because they don't want to upset a big name and Fleener who is on the team because of his friendship with Luck. You should really go back and read some of the crap you are peddling.  

Being a good receiver three years ago means nothing. Nicks is in Indianapolis for a paycheck and to live of the success of those around him. There is absolutely no reason for him to see the field any more than Moncrief, and if the staff continue to stick with Hakeem it will be out of concern of upsetting a "big name". He has been absolutely terrible thus far.

You are crazy. Sorry to be so blunt but that is the only words I can come up with that wont get me banned. Nicks has performed when he has been thrown to. With the TEs and the RBs getting most of the love in the red zone Nicks is overlooked. Nicks and Moncrief will need to step up and I expect they will. If Wayne has to miss some time it is good to get Nicks and Moncrief some reps in because they will be needed as the season gets older. It would be real nice of you to go away with your uninformed self.

Any updates on Wayne? I haven't seen anything other than he was getting the MRI

there was a tweet that went out from mike chappel who said he was hearing the injury is not serious but reggie will miss a week or two. Since the Colts bye is in two games I am guessing Reggie will be back for the Pats game on the 16th of November.

Nice call Pep for that 2 yard up by 24 pass to get crushed by 2 defenders

Oh look, someone found a way to blame Pep Hamilton in this thread... I was waiting for this all day!

How about we blame Luck for leading his receiver into a bad hit that caused him to get hurt.  I am pretty sure Reggie was a checkdown on that play anyways and if memory serves Luck threw the ball late which led Reggie right into the defenders.

But it is so nice to keep the streak alive of blaming Pep for everything!  Mathis gets hurt, Peps fault.  Landry gets suspended, Pep must've pushed him the PEDs.  Ebola... yep that's Pep too.  We could end world hunger if we just fired Pep Hamilton!

It seems fairly obvious they (and/or Reggie?) wanted to forcibly continue his 3 catch streak. 

That and they where trying to get him over a certain mark for receiving yards in NFL history.  

I was listening to the radio and they where talking about that.  

That streak is great and all but the Colts need Reggie around for the whole season as a possession receiver.  

No, that's the coaches job. They failed miserably in this instance. The guy is 37 and coming off a torn ACL. You do not under any circumstances let him back out there.

Reggie is a grown man. You're not a coach, you don't make that call. He didn't re-injure his ACL, he hurt his elbow. Pep & co. didn't make Luck throw Reggie the ball, and they also didn't make Reggie catch the ball. Stuff happens so just smile and get over it.

Reggie is a grown man. You're not a coach, you don't make that call. He didn't re-injure his ACL, he hurt his elbow. Pep & co. didn't make Luck throw Reggie the ball, and they also didn't make Reggie catch the ball. Stuff happens so just smile and get over it.

These are professional football players, they are gonna want to go back in the game no matter what.  It is on the coaching staff to hold a player out if they think he could make his injury worse by playing.  Especially when the game isn't in doubt.  

I agree that it was a mistake to let him go back out there in order to preserve his 3 catch streak.  

We might not have needed to call on him as much in the past couple games but he's an important guy to have out there, if for no other reason then the underneath coverage that he draws which helps free up Hilton to do what he does.

These are professional football players, they are gonna want to go back in the game no matter what. It is on the coaching staff to hold a player out if they think he could make his injury worse by playing. Especially when the game isn't in doubt.

I agree that it was a mistake to let him go back out there in order to preserve his 3 catch streak.

We might not have needed to call on him as much in the past couple games but he's an important guy to have out there, if for no other reason then the underneath coverage that he draws which helps free up Hilton to do what he does.

Why does everyone ignore the fact that he stayed in the game after his third catch? If he didn't think it was that bad and the medical staff cleared him to go back in what is the issue?

Whalen may get a bit of time, just as Moncrief has being the fourth WR. I would expect them to try and get Nicks really involved though if they can. Though if he hasn't been getting separation then there isn't much anyone can do about that except for him. 

I'm more excited to see if Luck goes to Nicks more now. I've been waiting for that break out game.

I don't see Nicks getting the time over Moncrief at this point. Nicks was a nice pickup in the off-season to provide depth in case Reggie got hurt (like he potentially has now), but that was before anyone had seen Moncrief play the way he has. I'm not crowning him the next best thing since sliced bread or anything, but he has way more upside to us than Nicks does.

If Nicks gets lots of playing time and starts producing big numbers, then believe it or not in the long run that's not so great for us. He would try to command a big salary in the off-season or threaten to go elsewhere in which case we are left with Moncrief not having gained over half a seasons worth of experience with Andrew. Moncrief will be cheap for years to come and at the moment he is playing just as well as Nicks is, if not better.

Why does everyone ignore the fact that he stayed in the game after his third catch? If he didn't think it was that bad and the medical staff cleared him to go back in what is the issue?

Reggie Wayne dropped the ball twice in one game.  

Uninjured he usually drops the ball that many times in a season.  

The 2nd drop should have been evidence alone to pull him.

So reggie is out 1 to 2 weeks so are they going to move nicks to the slot position so maybe he can get some separation against the LBs for pittsburgh and then move moncrief to #2 with his speed  and the ability to separate from the defenders. Good question should be interesting to see   

He appeared to have complete movement, although you could tell he was hurting.

If he's out for a few weeks it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It would give Moncrief some valuable reps.

I don't think it was the movement that was the issue, I think the injury affected his hand strength and that is why he dropped those passes or maybe he just lost the feeling in his hand.  The ones he caught after that were short passes without a lot of velocity and and body caught them.  Let him rest and get the strength/feeling back in his hand.  The Colts have Moncrief and Nicks and if anything just go three TEs and Hilton and lack Doyle shine.