Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Up With Hakeem Nicks?

Tor

0 receptions today on 1 targeted pass. He didn't see much action at all either. As a matter of fact, I think I saw Moncrief out there more today. Has he declined that much or are he and Andrew just not on the same page?

He's also a new guy being thrown in with a group of guys that have now been together for over 2 years.  Luck has excellent chemistry with Wayne, Hilton, Fleener, and Allen.  When you have as many offensive weapons as the Colts have, someone is going to get left out, and quite obviously it's Nicks.  Maybe he just isn't that good, or maybe Luck looks to go to the guys he trusts first in Wayne and Hilton.  

I hope he's not a disgruntled Colt, I don't think so but I would hate if he ended up being a Percy Harvin (without all the numbers).  It's a known fact that with the exception of Bradshaw, new york giants transfers don't usually work out for teams (reference was NFL network or some media I read today (or heard on ESPN, or CBS)).

There's got to be more to this story than any of us here knows....

Nicks may not be what he once was,  but the fall off is ridiculous....

There should've been plenty of snaps for him today,  and he barely got any....

Something is going on....

Maybe we were trying to trade him to the Jets but Seattle gazumped us :P 

More seriously... I guess he's just not happy not being a contributor but he's done nothing play wise to contribute. I hardly notice him in games and I don't think there's any favoritism from Luck regarding targets so it would suggest he's not getting open. 

Maybe injuries caught up and he's just not the player he was?

Get open! That. Is. All.

No love loss to see him leave next year...FEED MONCRIEF

Was very excited to bring him here. Even more-so when he had a big preseason game against the NYG. But since then, he's all but disappeared. 

You said it though, he doesn't get open. 

In CIN/IND game Donte Moncrief (23) had more snaps than Hakeem Nicks (19). Partially due to increased role and partially due to garbage time

good hes going to be here for the next 4 years and seems so do more than nicks with not as much game time

It's not good. Reggie isn't going to be around forever. Nicks is young and if he looked like he did with the Giants, THAT would be good for the Colts. We would be able to resign him.

As of now, things aren't looking good for him.

Maybe that is why the Colts was in trade talk for Percy Harvin. Nicks just not getting open or hasn't met expectations. The season is still long ways to go. I'm sure Nicks is going to show up sometime down this season.

Wait what? You have a source for the colts being in trade talks for Percy harvin?

Wait what? You have a source for the colts being in trade talks for Percy harvin?

Seattle reportedly contacted the Colts about interest in Harvin.

You'll notice that Harvin is NOT a member of the Colts.   

I think you have some idea of how the conversation went!       :thmup:

So many of his plays Eli just threw the ball up to him and he made a play . Luck seems to look more for a receiver he can throw a dart to in hole in the zone or at the cut in the route you don't see him throw many go get it balls on the sideline like Eli .

Interesting.

I'm not quite sure what we would have used him for or what the Seahawks wanted, I don't think the conversation lasted very long though.

http://www.nfl.com/n...-in-harvin-deal

Yeah I saw that thread and then that link after posting in this thread. I still think the earlier comment was worded poorly. All that article says is the colts were one of the teams the Seattle GM made a phone call to. So all we know is that grigson probably received a call but I don't for a minute believe that call lasted more than 1 minute unless grigson just felt like * chatting lol

It's not good. Reggie isn't going to be around forever. Nicks is young and if he looked like he did with the Giants, THAT would be good for the Colts. We would be able to resign him.

As of now, things aren't looking good for him.

while i agree with reggies age. nicks just doesnt seem to do anything and hed want alot of money if played like did with giants id rather try and get moncrief going and building chemistry with luck and is also the cheaper option

while i agree with reggies age. nicks just doesnt seem to do anything and hed want alot of money if played like did with giants id rather try and get moncrief going and building chemistry with luck and is also the cheaper option

Then we could have Nicks (the good version) AND Moncrief!

It was obvious to me in this game that they are phasing him out of the offense sad to say.  Still don't think enough has been done to get him involved in the offense.  When he is thrown the ball the passes are often way off for whatever reason.  Then there is the separation issue.  I still maintain that if you can get Griff Whalen open then you can get Nicks open.  I do not think he has fallen off like that.

So many of his plays Eli just threw the ball up to him and he made a play . Luck seems to look more for a receiver he can throw a dart to in hole in the zone or at the cut in the route you don't see him throw many go get it balls on the sideline like Eli .

Many of those same back shoulder and well placed balls that Eli was good at throwing to Nicks, Luck in my opinion is not the best in the world at doing those same things.  Luck is certainly a great quarterback but he does still need work on his ball placement.

For any of you questioning his ability, how did he look against the Giants in the preseason? He proved he still has the ability to take over a game. Luck needs to look his way, but he can't since T.Y, Reggie and Dwayne are open so dam much lol.

It was obvious to me in this game that they are phasing him out of the offense sad to say. Still don't think enough has been done to get him involved in the offense. When he is thrown the ball the passes are often way off for whatever reason. Then there is the separation issue. I still maintain that if you can get Griff Whalen open then you can get Nicks open. I do not think he has fallen off like that.

Yeah I feel like Avery and DHB were utilized a lot more.