Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who are you calling out?

Mr.Debonair

Over reacting fans. I'm hopping the Colts get .500 on Monday night, but The Eagles are a very good team and are hard to game plan for on Defense. If by chance the Eagles win this forum will be ready to fire all the coaches and start looking at who the Colts could draft #1 in 2015. Losing to Denver was not a surprise, but you'd think The Colts go blasted by Tampa Bay at home. If the Colts go 0-2 the sun will come up Tuesday morning. Everything will be fine the Colts will still win the AFC South and host atleast 1 playoff game.

Pep Hamilton using the personnel correctly

Get Hakeem Nicks the ball more!!!!!!!

Get Bradshaw & Richardson more involved in the passing game

Defense:

Who's stepping up to replace our Defensive Alpha Dog?! *Barks Loudly*

Laron Landry: Where's that Pro Bowl level you played at for the Jets?

Vontae Davis: Can he have another stellar game? Consistency is key for him

:colts:

Luck. He's our best player.

Rodney Harrison said something at halftime on Sunday that I would ordinarily make fun of, but it made sense at the time. He said that sometimes it's not about X's and O's, it's about going out on the field and making a play. We did that, but didn't finish often enough (for instance Jerrell Freeman stripped Thomas, but we couldn't recover). 

So since we lacked big plays, I'm looking for our best player to make some big plays for us. We need some magic on third down. We need to stress the other team. No one can do that better than Andrew Luck. And he can play much better than he played on Sunday.

Defense:

^^ I agree .... with so many weapons, its hard to believe Pep can't come up with some plays to get more guys open, and better exploit mismatches.

^^ I agree .... with so many weapons, its hard to believe Pep can't come up with some plays to get more guys open, and better exploit mismatches.

That play vs the Saints with Fleener wide open down the seam.

More plays like that are what should be happening with all the talent we have

Defense:

You watching closely to that much you might have a hard time enjoying the game? ;)

You watching closely to that much you might have a hard time enjoying the game? ;)

I care about the final score. The process it takes to get the final score in our favor is also important

We can win a game 24-10 and still look ccompletely sloppy doing it, just the other team was more sloppy than us so that's why we won

Red Zone consistency!

The team made for themselves ample opportunities to score more points.

It didn't get done!

Coaching, play calling, player effort, execution, guts, balls, whatever...

It ain't getting done! 

Teams only get so many chances inside the 20, and you gotta make the most of those opportunities.

That's the change I want to see!

I want to see the other team in desperation mode.

As good as Andrew is, the great comeback is not going to happen ALL the time.

Go :coltslogo:

Pep Hamilton and Greg Manusky.

They're both in hot water if you ask me. Hamilton needs to show he can be creative. This offense is loaded with too much talent to struggle putting up points. Where are the 2 TE sets, and why isn't Allen more involved? Are we going to see more short passes to Richardson, because he excels in those situations? Why isn't Nicks getting more targets?

Manusky. Losing Mathis is tough, but we have a first round pick (regardless of whether or not we think it was a good pick) in Bjoern Werner. He needs to get creative with his blitzing to generate some type of pass rush for this team. Also hoping he creates better match ups, because Landry and Jackson on Thomas never should have happened.

manusky, turning our defense into a smashmouth, hard hitting, agressive defense. o-line protecting luck and opening running lanes. trent knocking defenders down and running through them, d-line pushing the pocket back and stopping the run, safetys playing aggressive, short passes to the rbs, by luck, fleener becoming aggressive like dallas clark, pep calling good red zone plays.

Defense:

You mean defensive que dog * barks* lol

Offense:  Easy Pep   We have too many weapons to not be able to get a D off balance with play calling just don't see it with him. The red zone and short yardage plays oh boy.  I still see a guy trying to stick a square into a round hole.

Defense: Landry has to play better or we could be experimenting with Anderson and Adams.

Special Teams: I would like to get more out of the PR return game.

Pep Hamilton and Greg Manusky.

They're both in hot water if you ask me. Hamilton needs to show he can be creative. This offense is loaded with too much talent to struggle putting up points. Where are the 2 TE sets, and why isn't Allen more involved? Are we going to see more short passes to Richardson, because he excels in those situations? Why isn't Nicks getting more targets?

Manusky. Losing Mathis is tough, but we have a first round pick (regardless of whether or not we think it was a good pick) in Bjoern Werner. He needs to get creative with his blitzing to generate some type of pass rush for this team. Also hoping he creates better match ups, because Landry and Jackson on Thomas never should have happened.

Landry is safety.

Jackson is a linebacker.

If both of those guys can't cover a tight end,  then we're rapidly running out of guys to cover one.

Did you have someone in mind?

Red Zone consistency!

The team made for themselves ample opportunities to score more points.

It didn't get done!

Coaching, play calling, player effort, execution, guts, balls, whatever...

It ain't getting done! 

Teams only get so many chances inside the 20, and you gotta make the most of those opportunities.

That's the change I want to see!

I want to see the other team in desperation mode.

As good as Andrew is, the great comeback is not going to happen ALL the time.

Go :coltslogo:

I'm totally against Red Zone consistency, until they get better at it.

Then, I'm with you.

Landry is safety.

Jackson is a linebacker.

If both of those guys can't cover a tight end,  then we're rapidly running out of guys to cover one.

There are a few TE's in the league that can't be treated like regular TE's going into that game you had to know without Welker and bad match ups on the outside Peyton would lean on Thomas and we let him do it.  I agree we should have mixed up coverages better on Thomas using a CB on obvious passing downs at least.

Q can't run with him and on one of the Td's Landry looked like he had no idea what he was doing let him get across him without any contact that was really bad.

Landry is safety.

Jackson is a linebacker.

I know full and well where the coverage responsibilities lie. But unfortunately, neither Landry or Jackson were able to cover Thomas. I mean he's a top 5 TE though. They should be able to handle Ertz though, because he's not as physical or athletic. He's pretty much an improved version of Fleener (same school, similar ability, etc..) so they should no a little bit about as game, especially considering Hamilton coached him.

It's not that they can't cover TE's, but they couldn't cover Thomas, and that should have been obvious. It's an adjustment that Manusky should have made after the first TD he scored.